OCC lip tars

Naughtyp

thanks ladies I feel a lot better today both my counselor a said i would be ok so I feel a lot better about retaking it, this time ill have to take the 4 day class instead of the two day one I think that will really help! ;) I live Specktra and how supportive we all are to one another!!! I hope my lip tars are waiting for me when I get off work tonight!! then I will have to make myself wait for the metallic ones coming in December! getting yaoi (sp?) for sure!!!

CartoonChic

I have Banjee. I thought it would be a weird, crazy color on me, but it works somehow. The yellow-orange description is very accurate. Again, I'm surprised how pretty it looked when I tried it on. Then I outlined my lips with a medium warm brown lip pencil to make the shade more wearable. I used NYX Cocoa. The result is really pretty. The color reminds me of pumpkins, but it's more toned down. I'm wearing autumn colors for my makeup looks this month. I'm wearing this lip combo tomorrow.

Now I'm just waiting to receive RX, Chlorophyll and Digitalis. I'm really eager to try the Strumpet + RX combo.

EDIT: I went back and applied MAC Restless Lipglass to the Banjee + NYX Cocoa combo.
love.gif

They only thing is that the tackiness of the Lipglasses are really starting to get to me.

CartoonChic

I hope my lip tars are waiting for me when I get off work tonight!! then I will have to make myself wait for the metallic ones coming in December! getting yaoi (sp?) for sure!!!
Oh, the new collection comes out in December? Good. I wasn't paying attention to the the release date. That gives me time to save for them. I'm getting Super NSFW, Authentic, Yaoi and Electric Grandma for sure. I'm undecided about Triptych and Iced. I know they can be used for mixing and layering, but I'm having trouble visualizing the results.

Naughtyp

as far as I know it's dec 1.... gives me some time too lol I am getting yaoi for sure and possibly electric grandma.... not sure yet tho it will be decided when I click add to cart lol. iced seems interesting but I probably wouldn't use it much... but if anyone can come up with a lip combo it's YOU lol ;)

CartoonChic

as far as I know it's dec 1.... gives me some time too lol I am getting yaoi for sure and possibly electric grandma.... not sure yet tho it will be decided when I click add to cart lol. iced seems interesting but I probably wouldn't use it much... but if anyone can come up with a lip combo it's YOU lol
winks.gif
bouquet.gif

BuickMackane

lip tars go a loooooong way, right?

i really want to buy some (some=6 hehe) but i have so many lip products already i'm not sure i want to invest in something that won't even get close to using up. i wish they had lip tar minis. i'd buy the lot!

you hear me OCC? you hear me? i want me baby lip tars!
tong.gif

honybr

So I've fallen in love with Lip Tars. I have Black Dahlia and Sybil and I adore them both. Black Dahlia lasts longer than any other lip product I've ever owned. Anyway, they launched their holiday lip tars so I just ordered Authentic and Super NSFW. I'll report back when I get them.

CartoonChic

NSFW, Psycho and Starling arrived yesterday. Each one is beautiful and perfect for this time year. I can't decide which I like better between NSFW and Stalker. NSFW is a brighter, pin up red on me. I'm learning that orange/yellow based reds tend to brighten up my face and look more playful. I think blue based reds like Stalker tend to give me a more sophisticated, adult look. I
heart.gif
them both!

Psycho is like a darker, more red MAC Scarlet Ibis. It's so, so pretty. Starling is a wonderful shade as well. It's a brown-orange color, like a pretty rust shade. I saw a blogger describe the color as "spice" when I was researching swatches. That's a perfect description.

Now just to wait for RX, Chlorophyll and Digitalis to be delivered Monday.

CartoonChic

I have my next batch of Lip Tars. UPS delivered my package unusually early today. I hope it becomes a standard routine. I normally get my deliveries very late in the evening.

Digitalis = a toned down MAC Saint Germain. I'm guessing that would probably make it similar to MAC Snob, but I don't own that lipstick to compare. I mixed it with Butch Lip Tar to see if it would create a color similar to Lime Crime's Chinchilla that was posted in another thread. I applied Butch directly onto my lips on top of Digitalis. It would be much better to mix the colors together before applying, but I think the resulting color is very close to Chinchilla. I'm sure the color could be achieved with more tweaking.

Chlorophyll is a nice shade of green. I can say for sure that I will not be wearing it alone. This one is for mixing. I applied Belladonna on top of Chlorophyll for haha's and just to see what would happen. It created the prettiest cool toned blue-violet purple that you wouldn't believe. Almost a gray-purple. It's definitely a keeper.

Rx is a very pretty blue. I like how it looks on my skin tone and I would wear it alone if/when I ever get the courage to rock blue lips. I mixed it with Strumpet as requested by sss215. Guurrrllll!
heat.gif
thud.gif
eyelove.gif
love.gif
encore.gif

GET. IT. Run, don't walk! Rx + Strumpet is unbelievably stunning. It creates this amazing rich, dark, vampy, warm-toned blue-violet purple deliciousness that is to die for. I immediately ransacked my stash to see if I had anything similar. Nothing I have, nothing at all, compares to it. Smoked Purple, Prince Noir, Yung Rapunxel, Potent Fig, Dramatic Encounter - everything is too red.

There's overcast today, so I can't take pictures. The purple colors won't photograph well with my camera. I'll take pics as soon as it's sunny.

MissTT

Cartoon, what shade(s) of foundation do you wear? I'm just curious for a baseline when you're discussing what colors are flattering on your skintone.

CartoonChic

Cartoon, what shade(s) of foundation do you wear? I'm just curious for a baseline when you're discussing what colors are flattering on your skintone.
Sorry, I have no idea. I haven't ventured into foundations yet. I guess it's somewhere around NC/NW 45-50. I don't know the difference between NC or NW. I would say I have yellow/neutral undertones. I did get samples of NARS Pur Radient Tinted Moisturizer once, but haven't worn it. I matched best with Martinique if that helps any.

VampyCouture

I have my next batch of Lip Tars. UPS delivered my package unusually early today. I hope it becomes a standard routine. I normally get my deliveries very late in the evening.

Digitalis = a toned down MAC Saint Germain. I'm guessing that would probably make it similar to MAC Snob, but I don't own that lipstick to compare. I mixed it with Butch Lip Tar to see if it would create a color similar to Lime Crime's Chinchilla that was posted in another thread. I applied Butch directly onto my lips on top of Digitalis. It would be much better to mix the colors together before applying, but I think the resulting color is very close to Chinchilla. I'm sure the color could be achieved with more tweaking.

Chlorophyll is a nice shade of green. I can say for sure that I will not be wearing it alone. This one is for mixing. I applied Belladonna on top of Chlorophyll for haha's and just to see what would happen. It created the prettiest cool toned blue-violet purple that you wouldn't believe. Almost a gray-purple. It's definitely a keeper.

Rx is a very pretty blue. I like how it looks on my skin tone and I would wear it alone if/when I ever get the courage to rock blue lips. I mixed it with Strumpet as requested by sss215. Guurrrllll!
heat.gif
thud.gif
eyelove.gif
love.gif
encore.gif

GET. IT. Run, don't walk! Rx + Strumpet is unbelievably stunning. It creates this amazing rich, dark, vampy, warm-toned blue-violet purple deliciousness that is to die for. I immediately ransacked my stash to see if I had anything similar. Nothing I have, nothing at all, compares to it. Smoked Purple, Prince Noir, Yung Rapunxel, Potent Fig, Dramatic Encounter - everything is too red.

There's overcast today, so I can't take pictures. The purple colors won't photograph well with my camera. I'll take pics as soon as it's sunny.
I would love to see pictures of Rx and Strumpet!

CartoonChic

I googled purple lipsticks to see if anything similar would show up. This is the only image I could find that's close to the color created.

http://laizalounge.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/6881256356_90c1c1ff01.jpg

I repeated the mixture again to make sure I'd get the same color as the first time. I did! This color needs a name. Lol, how about Bad Mama Jama?

honybr

I googled purple lipsticks to see if anything similar would show up. This is the only image I could find that's close to the color created.

http://laizalounge.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/6881256356_90c1c1ff01.jpg

I repeated the mixture again to make sure I'd get the same color as the first time. I did! This color needs a name. Lol, how about Bad Mama Jama?

Ok, now your making me want to get those two lip tars just to get anything close to that picture.

I think Bad Mama Jama is the perfect name because I love that song. In fact I sing it when I think I'm hot. LOL.

CartoonChic

Ok, now your making me want to get those two lip tars just to get anything close to that picture.

I think Bad Mama Jama is the perfect name because I love that song. In fact I sing it when I think I'm hot. LOL.
Lol! That's exactly where I got the name from. I was strutting around the house wearing the combo and the song popped into my head.
dance.gif

sss215

heat.gif
thud.gif
eyelove.gif
love.gif
encore.gif

thanks! I will get both RX and Strumpet when I haul. I didn't like Strumpet on its own, it was too cool against my undertone, but I think it will be great for mixing.