OCC lip tars

CartoonChic

I am just going to get NARS Mekong and MUFE Aqua Eyeshadow in 8E. All the lip tars I want are gone, but I am making a trip to NYC next month, so I will haul them at the OCC store then, if Sephora 76th and Broadway doesn't have them. I really want to get the BI points when I buy them, but Sephora keeps selling out! I guess they didn't know how popular they were going to be, which is silly to me because they have been online favorites for years.
I have Gilda and it's lovely. I never intended to get Gina. I swatched it a while ago and got Gilda instead because it's darker compared to Gina. Gina looked too light in the swatch I did, so I passed on it. Now I'm more experienced. I realize that lighter swatches don't automatically mean Ashcake Ashly. Plus I think I had a dusty tester when I did my original swatch. With 20% off, I decided to just go for it.

That sounds like it will be a fun shopping trip. Do you know if the OCC store still carries discontinued shades? I would love to get Katricia.

I've just received my shipping email from Sephora. The set hasn't been canceled from my order.
pompom.gif

CartoonChic

That Cinderella mirror has been OOS for so long. I gave up on it. Try checking a Naked Palette at beauty.com. Today is the last day of their 20% off sale. I'm investing in NARS brushes. So excited.
You won't get the discount, but maybe you can still find the mirror in a store if you really want it. My store still has it.

Naughtyp

stopped by sephora today to look at the lip tars and to my Suprise thy had Nylon but it was a tester only none left to buy. I'm glad I was able to try it on tho becuz I had it in my cart online and kept taking it out because I didn't like how it looked in temptalias pics. but! on me it looks awesome!! lol so I ordered it and hoochie ;) my first lip tars!! I'm glad I read this thread tho because I knew to apply a small amount. at first I was like oh this prob won't be enough but it was! it was like literally a DROP and it covered my lips perfectly ;) in love!!! ;) now I need to try grandma or maybe wait to get electric grandma and yaoi

Naughtyp

I wanted the mirror too but all sephoras by md are sold out. I hAd to get the eyeshadow quad instead lol

hwdsprincess

stopped by sephora today to look at the lip tars and to my Suprise thy had Nylon but it was a tester only none left to buy. I'm glad I was able to try it on tho becuz I had it in my cart online and kept taking it out because I didn't like how it looked in temptalias pics. but! on me it looks awesome!! lol so I ordered it and hoochie ;) my first lip tars!! I'm glad I read this thread tho because I knew to apply a small amount. at first I was like oh this prob won't be enough but it was! it was like literally a DROP and it covered my lips perfectly ;) in love!!! ;) now I need to try grandma or maybe wait to get electric grandma and yaoi
I love nylon and my favorite is nsfw it's just the perfect red! I also have queen but surprisingly haven't worn it yet.

Naughtyp

I will have to check that one out I keep hearing about it (Nsfw) I can wait to bud up my collection! :D

MissTT

Beauty.com extended their sale through the weekend!!! I went ahead and ordered tonight though. Not sure why I'm posting here b/c I ended up NOT getting any lip tars. LOL

CartoonChic

I still need NSFW. I think it was in the Beauty.com Lip Tar Brights set, but I can't remember. I'm still holding out hope that Beauty.com will restock it. I do know Anime was also in that set, but I couldn't wait anymore to get that one.

I walked away from the Cinderella mirror, too. I saw it in the store a few weeks ago. I've been checking online since then to see if my store still has it in stock. It does. That may be a sign for me to get it. It's a nice mirror with a nice heft to it. It doesn't feel cheap and plastic-y at all.

aradhana

I still need NSFW. I think it was in the Beauty.com Lip Tar Brights set, but I can't remember. I'm still holding out hope that Beauty.com will restock it. I do know Anime was also in that set, but I couldn't wait anymore to get that one.

I walked away from the Cinderella mirror, too. I saw it in the store a few weeks ago. I've been checking online since then to see if my store still has it in stock. It does. That may be a sign for me to get it. It's a nice mirror with a nice heft to it. It doesn't feel cheap and plastic-y at all.
nsfw wasn't available at my local sephora when i was there last - they were out of stock, and unfortunately we can't use the vib discount online up here! i'm going to check another sephora though on my way to visit my parents tomorrow...not sure whether all sephora branches have occ yet or not....

i wish we could just compose our own sets of five or something...usually there's at least one colour i'm not super keen on....

CartoonChic

nsfw wasn't available at my local sephora when i was there last - they were out of stock, and unfortunately we can't use the vib discount online up here! i'm going to check another sephora though on my way to visit my parents tomorrow...not sure whether all sephora branches have occ yet or not....

i wish we could just compose our own sets of five or something...usually there's at least one colour i'm not super keen on....
That's a great idea.

kimibos

cartoonchic the nsfw wasnt in the bright bag from beauty.com . i got it and it was mainly pinks & corals. pretty boy, anime, trollop, divine, beta.

illamasqua has that. you get a lipstick aand a gloss for $40 and you choose each.

CartoonChic

cartoonchic the nsfw wasnt in the bright bag from beauty.com . i got it and it was mainly pinks & corals. pretty boy, anime, trollop, divine, beta.
Thanks for posting that info. I got a few more last minute Lip Tars from Sephora. One of them was NSFW because I really wanted that color. I was going to wait to get it because I thought it was part of the set. I also got Psycho and Starlet. I have two colors from the Beauty.com set now. I think I'll still get it if it's restocked because it will still be cheaper than buying the other 3 colors individually. I'll probably just gift my extras to my daughter.

It looks like OCC's website restocked some colors, but Belladonna and Pageant are gone. Do they just switch out colors from time to time, or have they been discontinued? I would like to take advantage of the restock and get Radiate and Trollop, but I need a makeup time out.

sss215

Thanks for posting that info. I got a few more last minute Lip Tars from Sephora. One of them was NSFW because I really wanted that color. I was going to wait to get it because I thought it was part of the set. I also got Psycho and Starlet. I have two colors from the Beauty.com set now. I think I'll still get it if it's restocked because it will still be cheaper than buying the other 3 colors individually. I'll probably just gift my extras to my daughter.

It looks like OCC's website restocked some colors, but Belladonna and Pageant are gone. Do they just switch out colors from time to time, or have they been discontinued? I would like to take advantage of the restock and get Radiate and Trollop, but I need a makeup time out.
If you sign up on their mailing list, they will send you an email when they decide to discontinue anything. These colors were not included in the latest email I received. I think they are just crazy popular. Everyone is wearing Belladonna right now.

I have read online that Strumpet and RX make a beautiful purple. Can anyone with them both mix them and post? Thanks in advance!

kimibos

idk. they had butch in the sale section for some time but now its in the permanent section. all they have are 3 nail polishes and a pigment on sale now.

beauty.com has occ 20% now. i hope they bright back the sets and also new ones. i kind of want butch but idont know. i really need a makeup break too. i think im going to skip mac until the dec 26th.

CartoonChic

If you sign up on their mailing list, they will send you an email when they decide to discontinue anything. These colors were not included in the latest email I received. I think they are just crazy popular. Everyone is wearing Belladonna right now.

I have read online that Strumpet and RX make a beautiful purple. Can anyone with them both mix them and post? Thanks in advance!
That sounds like a pretty combo. I wish I had RX to show you. That one is on my next-to-buy list.

I signed up for their newsletter and also saw the last call link. Those links aren't too obvious to find on their website even though the last call link is on the home page.

CartoonChic

I have my Lip Tars from Sephora. I gotta say, I love Sephora's packaging. I like how each Lip Tar comes with its own brush and directions. I also appreciate the much larger and easier to read name labels. I've only tried on Lydia, Hoochie and Anime so far. Each one is very wearable to me. I was surprised with Anime. I was expecting it to be much brighter. It looks more magenta on me.

aradhana

I have my Lip Tars from Sephora. I gotta say, I love Sephora's packaging. I like how each Lip Tar comes with its own brush and directions. I also appreciate the much larger and easier to read name labels. I've only tried on Lydia, Hoochie and Anime so far. Each one is very wearable to me. I was surprised with Anime. I was expecting it to be much brighter. It looks more magenta on me.
same. when i bought it, i still thought it was going to be neon like nylon....it feels more light girl about town to me....

CartoonChic

same. when i bought it, i still thought it was going to be neon like nylon....it feels more light girl about town to me....
Girl About Town is exactly the shade that came to mind when I tried on Anime. I was also expecting it to be more like Nylon. It seemed so much brighter in swatces. I'm still happy with it. It just wasn't what I expected.