OCC lip tars

Blue OCC Liptar

Okay maybe I'm not using it right guys but I can not get this color to work for me at all!!! I find that its runny and it doesn't apply evenly. I was so excited to purchase it on my birthday but wasn't sure if it was worth the price it is. I usually just buy nyx lipsticks or wet n wild. But I decided what the hey it's my birthday.... that being said I don't get the hype about these colors!! Am I doing it wrong? lol

butterflyeyes

Okay maybe I'm not using it right guys but I can not get this color to work for me at all!!! I find that its runny and it doesn't apply evenly. I was so excited to purchase it  on my birthday but wasn't sure if it was worth the price it is. I usually just buy nyx lipsticks or wet n wild. But I decided what the hey it's my birthday.... that being said I don't get the hype about these colors!! Am I doing it wrong? lol 
Hmmm....are you applying too much? It's hard to really answer the question without a real visual to help see what you're dealing with. Rx is pretty pigmented on me
f116e073_image.jpeg
And that pic was with me actually applying a little more than I probably should have. It's an older pic that I had on my phone.

singer82

I want to get the the 12 liptar set. But really want to wait until their FnF sell. Should I risk it selling out. Or get it now?

butterflyeyes

I want to get the the 12 liptar set. But really want to wait until their FnF sell. Should I risk it selling out. Or get it now?
If you really want this set I would go ahead and get it. Since it's LE you have no guarantee that it will be around when the FnF sale comes around. If it's not something you have to have but would just like (meaning if you missed it you would be ok with just buying the full sized bottles of what you want) then you can def take your chances. You may be fine and they'll still be in stock but you really just won't know.

I don't use a lot it's like a small amount but I find that it just goes on me runny? And it looks cheap lol. Should I buy the primer for it? Do I need a better applicator? I can't get it to work!

butterflyeyes

How does BMD compare to TTT from MAC???  And how about Sebastian compared to Exclusive Event???
I'm not home but if no one posts before I can I will do a quick swatch of TTT vs BMD. I don't have EE yet (won't be here until tomorrow or Wenesday I think) so I can't compare those until then. Hopefully someone else can help you out with that one.

MissTT

Well that is interesting... But BMD is more shimmery/metallic in real life, right BFE? I thought about buying it yesterday, but we sold out of it right away.

butterflyeyes

Well that is interesting... But BMD is more shimmery/metallic in real life, right BFE? I thought about buying it yesterday, but we sold out of it right away.
You know what...I made a mistake. That's actually not BMD. That's BD! I'm sorry. Let me do BMD real quick! But yes, BMD is much more metallic/shimmery than BD or TTT to really compare so it's an odd comparison. I think that's why I had BD on the brain. BMD and TTT would never compare because of the metallic finish versus the retro matte. BMD looks brighter because of it. BD would look more similar although not a spot on dupe.

MissTT

I was wearing Scarlet Ibis yesterday and after I swatched BMD I wanted to take my lipstick off and switch. It was that good... Like I said we sold out our entire stock (why we didn't even get it in store until last week I don't know), but I'll be keeping my eye out for a restock. Or I can just buy online. It's good I wait because we get a bigger discount next month.