OCC lip tars

Eims

Need that Black Dahlia!
icon_eek.gif

Eims

Is there a lip tar colour in particular that's similar to (even a dupe for) Lime Crime's Airborne Unicorn? I am dying to try it but a) it's sold out right now b) I'm kind of iffy about actually giving LC my money lol

sss215

Is there a lip tar colour in particular that's similar to (even a dupe for) Lime Crime's Airborne Unicorn? I am dying to try it but a) it's sold out right now b) I'm kind of iffy about actually giving LC my money lol
Hmmmm maybe Hootchie mixed with a little Feathered?

lilinah

Quote: Originally Posted by runwayartistry
Am I the only one who wants to have Chlorophyll in my collection? I find the colour really beautyful
amuse.gif

You are not alone. I think it's lovely. I wear my MAC Peacocky Kissable Lipcolour, which is a medium teal. Chlorophyll looks... fresher.

I have to say, though, that i do get some odd looks when wearing Peacocky - and i'm in Berkeley CA!

lilinah

Quote: Originally Posted by hwdsprincess
I received my anime, nsfw, and my queen today I absolutely love them all can't wait till they're in sephora to try them all by seeing. They're def a perfect finish and so true when they say a little goes a long way!

I went to the OCC website yesterday and ordered Belladonna (i love the color in the tube - i hope it's as good IRL - anyone have a swatch?) and Butch, a medium-light heliotrope / periwinkle blue from the Fall/Winter 2011 collection. Here are swatches: http://www.temptalia.com/occ-butch-lip-tar-review-photos-swatches
Since Butch is being discontinued i had to get it NOW and it was only $10, so it was a decent deal.

I hope sephora will carry the full range of OCC colors because there are several i want to test, for starters, Pennyroyal, Lydia, and Sibyl. Black Dahlia looks great in the tube, but too much like other plum lipsticks i already have, so i'm not getting too excited about it - but i could be won over in a test...

BTW, can anyone recommend a good lip brush? I bought one from Coastal Scents a couple years ago and it sucked - they've since discontinued it. I have a wonderful Revlon retractable lip brush, from the 1960s, i think, back when Revlon was considered a more luxurious brand. The brush comes in a gold tube. It pushes up and when you're done using it, cap presses down on a little flange and retracts the brush. It's really a fantastic brush, too, but i worry about wearing it out.

shontay07108

The new colors are interesting. I might order a couple sooner or later. I was playing with Nylon today and it gets much brighter, actually neon when I applied it with my fingers. The brush toned it down a bit, even when I layered. Definitely digging it either way.

CartoonChic

My free Queen from Beauty.com should be delivered Thursday. I ordered it last week on Friday. It feels like shipping took longer than usual.

Piarpreet

i tried it at the OCC store. I actually tried them ALL lol. and I thought hoochie was more wearable and not as different actually. But I did like the edgy feeling of belladonna, which is like "nobody is gonna wear this...let's do this!"
I received Belladonna on friday and wore it all weekend. I think I might just be in love.

Piarpreet

I got my queen (which I am wearing today and I will post a picture in a min) and anime. I also ordered harlot (since it's been out of stock at OCC for a while now, so I figure I'd do it with beauty.com and they shipped free). I hope I get it soon! It hasnt been shipped yet so i guess i wont be getting it until next week. Queen is NOT how T's swatches look like but it's still a nice coral red. Anime is NOT neon but its a nice bright pink.

martiangurll

I went to the OCC website yesterday and ordered Belladonna (i love the color in the tube - i hope it's as good IRL - anyone have a swatch?) and Butch, a medium-light heliotrope / periwinkle blue from the Fall/Winter 2011 collection. Here are swatches: http://www.temptalia.com/occ-butch-lip-tar-review-photos-swatches
Since Butch is being discontinued i had to get it NOW and it was only $10, so it was a decent deal.

I hope sephora will carry the full range of OCC colors because there are several i want to test, for starters, Pennyroyal, Lydia, and Sibyl. Black Dahlia looks great in the tube, but too much like other plum lipsticks i already have, so i'm not getting too excited about it - but i could be won over in a test...

BTW, can anyone recommend a good lip brush? I bought one from Coastal Scents a couple years ago and it sucked - they've since discontinued it. I have a wonderful Revlon retractable lip brush, from the 1960s, i think, back when Revlon was considered a more luxurious brand. The brush comes in a gold tube. It pushes up and when you're done using it, cap presses down on a little flange and retracts the brush. It's really a fantastic brush, too, but i worry about wearing it out.
I use one I got in a set by Arbonne (coworker was selling the set and I read they were good brushes--the whole set is nice) but the lip brush works very well, I think it can be purchased individually. I have some lip brushes I received from Elizabeth Arden gift sets that work very well too. I love the Butch tar, it would be worth buying to layer over my other purples to make them bluer...

CartoonChic

Where did you find Butch on OCC's website? I keep googling it with no luck.

lilinah

Quote: Originally Posted by CartoonChic
Where did you find Butch on OCC's website? I keep googling it with no luck.

Yeah, they often don't have all their pages linked.

Here's the Pretty Boy Fall 2011 Collection: http://www.occmakeup.com/fw2011.html

And here's Butch by itself: http://www.occmakeup.com/store/cart.php?cat=LIP+TAR%3A+BUTCH

I hope these links work for you...

EDIT: And i am finally back in my home town, eating my dinner at my favorite cafe.

jenjunsan

I sent an email to OCC with my pro "credentials" hoping they give me a discount. Cos I want 6-8 more. Im not a big fan of them not being matte when they dry but still really nice unusual colors which is what i crave. I wanna wear belladonna so badly!
Completely off topic...I know your profile pic is small, but has anyone ever told you how much you resemble Rose McGowan? So pretty!!!

On topic... I must be the only person in the world who bought lip tars and just did not like them.

CartoonChic

Yeah, they often don't have all their pages linked.

Here's the Pretty Boy Fall 2011 Collection: http://www.occmakeup.com/fw2011.html

And here's Butch by itself: http://www.occmakeup.com/store/cart.php?cat=LIP+TAR%3A+BUTCH

I hope these links work for you...

EDIT: And i am finally back in my home town, eating my dinner at my favorite cafe.
Thanks for the links! They work fine. Glad you're back home. There's a Renaissance Festival near my area now and I think I'm going to try to attend before it leaves.

CartoonChic

I was surprised that I got my shipment today. Queen was in the box, but I have to wait for Belladonna because it's backordered. I'll try Queen on tomorrow since it's too late now. I'm also going to experiment with using Lip Tars as bases for lipsticks to make the lipstick colors more vibrant and to see if they last longer. I'll start with Nylon as a base for CYY.

There was also a coupon in my box for $10 off a $40 purchase. It shouldn't be any surprise what I'm going to order.