Pearl Whitening Collection AKA La Perle de Chanel

juujubes

Well, its 7pm here and I just tried out the creme blush. Holy shimmer bomb city. It didn't look too shimmery on my hand but when you look at in the pan and on the face after using it, it has a ton of shimmer. And the shimmer is not just one color - it's like a rainbow on my face underneath my florescent lights lol. I think it'll be okay during the daytime though. The base color is just so, so pretty. Also, this does have a strong fragrance - it smells like the healthy glow multi color powders from last summer :)

Medgal07

@Winthrop44 Thank you for the info - I will be ordering the blush when it arrives on chanel.com
heart.gif
pompom.gif
Did you order MissTania?

Medgal07

Hello ladies! They had the products in today at my counter! Although they only received 3 of each item O_O. I spent about 3 hours chatting with the SA there, she is so lovely and my age too! I bought the two blushes and snapped more pics for you guys. I also took pics of the whole makeup note book with info on the upcoming collection. I will post in the General Chanel thread after dinner - there's another Les Bleu de Chanel collection and some interesting blush sticks for summer from the looks of it. Please check it out if you're interested! Invitation actually has shimmer in it which I forgot to mention - it also has different ingredients than the original line.

Left: Invitation, Right: Crescendo.

I hope you can read the ingredients ok for the creme blush - I wonder if the ingredients are different because it has shimmer in it? Either way, it's a beautiful shade :). I will take pics of the blushes in daylight tomorrow.
Thanks a $Mil for the swatches. They're a huge help. I ordered Crescendo but Invitation wasn't yet available.
It's definitely shimmery which is unique to Chanel's other cream blushes. Did you notice or were you able to
compare the texture of Invitation to another Chanel cream blush? You're correct though----it IS a beautiful
shade!!

Medgal07

Hi Meddy! My friend in the US will order 2 for me
pompom.gif
It reminds me of Narcisse so I want a BU.

Did you order just the JC?
wavey.gif
Ahoy MissTania. I'm so, so glad you were able to order it. I ordered JC, Crescendo, Tissé Rhapsodie, IDO, Mysterio and the eyeliner, Perle de Lune. I really want
the cream blush too but Chanel didn't have it with the collection, but they repromoted a quad & a JC. It was very odd that they did it that way. My goodies will arrive on
Friday! I'm so excited---you'd think I didn't have any makeup at all.

girlhaha.gif

MissTania

wavey.gif
Ahoy MissTania. I'm so, so glad you were able to order it. I ordered JC, Crescendo, Tissé Rhapsodie, IDO, Mysterio and the eyeliner, Perle de Lune. I really want
the cream blush too but Chanel didn't have it with the collection, but they repromoted a quad & a JC. It was very odd that they did it that way. My goodies will arrive on
Friday! I'm so excited---you'd think I didn't have any makeup at all.

girlhaha.gif
Great hauling!

I found it so odd Canaille was repromoted - I have a feeling that was a sly trick to offload some extra stock - I mean how does a dark burnt orange blush fit in?! Hardly sounds suitable for Pearl Whitening!

My mega haul (Stage 1) arrived yesterday - 7 lippies (MAC, Nars, Givenchy), 4 powder foundations (annual supply), a pressed powder, the Jersey JC, Givenchy Confetti Powder, Gucci Blush, 3 lipliners...there may have been more who knows?!
girlhaha.gif

These 2 JC's will be part of Stage 2, a smaller haul.

Lol, I'm the same- I am very excited about this particular JC!!!

I also bought 3 lipsticks from Make-up Forever today! It's make-up mania.

I finally tried MAC Proenza Sunset Beach - I love it! I should have tried it earlier. Too many products
eyelove.gif

juujubes

Thanks a $Mil for the swatches. They're a huge help. I ordered Crescendo but Invitation wasn't yet available.
It's definitely shimmery which is unique to Chanel's other cream blushes. Did you notice or were you able to
compare the texture of Invitation to another Chanel cream blush? You're correct though----it IS a beautiful
shade!!
Hello Meddy! It is such a *pretty* shade. I am NC20 currently on my face, asian, with yellow undertones. It is extremely flattering. The huge amount of shimmer just scared me slightly lol. The texture is creamier than the regular cream blush but it does dry down to a powder. The original cremes are so pigmented, the base on this one is pigmented as well but because of the shimmer, it sheers out more easily. I hope that makes sense. I only wore it for an hour so I cannot tell about the wear time :). That is so weird that they repromoted Canaille. Canaille is actually part of the display unit of the JCs at my counter since it's been released last year.

juujubes

Good morning ladies! I took quick pics of the blushes alongside some other shades. Look at the pretty ribbon and camellia rose they had for Chinese New Year! I thought it was just too pretty not to share, I know it's just ribbon and a sticker lol.

Clockwise from left: Tumulte, Crescendo, Ultra Rose, Burberry Misty, Innocence. Crescendo is a cousin to Tumulte - in the pan they look similar but Crescendo is warmer and peachier, lighter and a tad more yellow. Innocence and Misty look so dusty in comparison. Ultra Rose is more vivid, more blue.

Left ultra rose, right crescendo.

Above: Left tumulte, right crescendo. So, you know how I said Invitation was shimmery. Look at dat shimmer in the pics below! Not color accurate but I wanted to show the level of shimmer, it's not joking aorund. There's even more shimmer underneath the top layer of the product as evidenced by my finger imprint lol.

I'm sorry for spamming this thread with pics. I really hope they're somewhat helpful, my counter only received 3 of each product.

RockDiva

Good morning ladies! I took quick pics of the blushes alongside some other shades. Look at the pretty ribbon and camellia rose they had for Chinese New Year! I thought it was just too pretty not to share, I know it's just ribbon and a sticker lol

I really LOVE it. They never do anything special like that over here.

sugarberry

Hello ladies! They had the products in today at my counter! Although they only received 3 of each item O_O. I spent about 3 hours chatting with the SA there, she is so lovely and my age too! I bought the two blushes and snapped more pics for you guys. I also took pics of the whole makeup note book with info on the upcoming collection. I will post in the General Chanel thread after dinner - there's another Les Bleu de Chanel collection and some interesting blush sticks for summer from the looks of it. Please check it out if you're interested! Invitation actually has shimmer in it which I forgot to mention - it also has different ingredients than the original line.

Left: Invitation, Right: Crescendo.

I hope you can read the ingredients ok for the creme blush - I wonder if the ingredients are different because it has shimmer in it? Either way, it's a beautiful shade :). I will take pics of the blushes in daylight tomorrow.
Fantastic swatches. Thank you so much!

I'm not sure I'm going to get anything from this collection. Crazy! The only thing I'm remotely interested in is the cream blush, but my skin doesn't take to cream products too well; it eats it up. I hope we get it in store so I can swatch it. I love me a good shimmer!

Medgal07

Great hauling!

I found it so odd Canaille was repromoted - I have a feeling that was a sly trick to offload some extra stock - I mean how does a dark burnt orange blush fit in?! Hardly sounds suitable for Pearl Whitening!

My mega haul (Stage 1) arrived yesterday - 7 lippies (MAC, Nars, Givenchy), 4 powder foundations (annual supply), a pressed powder, the Jersey JC, Givenchy Confetti Powder, Gucci Blush, 3 lipliners...there may have been more who knows?!
girlhaha.gif

These 2 JC's will be part of Stage 2, a smaller haul.

Lol, I'm the same- I am very excited about this particular JC!!!

I also bought 3 lipsticks from Make-up Forever today! It's make-up mania.

I finally tried MAC Proenza Sunset Beach - I love it! I should have tried it earlier. Too many products
eyelove.gif
yahoo.gif
MEGA haulage for you my lady. How incredibly awesome. I'm so happy for you and I hope you have a great time with & enjoy every bit of it!!! I love JC Jersey and I just happen to be wearing my Confetti powder today. It gives such a lovely finish to my makeup. I think you'll really enjoy it. I used one of those mini kabuki brushes that we got with our Dior powders. This is the first time that I've used one of them and it's perfect for use with the confetti powder.
I'm glad you're loving the Sunset Beach blush and can't wait to hear what you think of everything else!!! Product overload is a serious but curable ailment!!!
friends.gif

Medgal07

Hello Meddy! It is such a *pretty* shade. I am NC20 currently on my face, asian, with yellow undertones. It is extremely flattering. The huge amount of shimmer just scared me slightly lol. The texture is creamier than the regular cream blush but it does dry down to a powder. The original cremes are so pigmented, the base on this one is pigmented as well but because of the shimmer, it sheers out more easily. I hope that makes sense. I only wore it for an hour so I cannot tell about the wear time :). That is so weird that they repromoted Canaille. Canaille is actually part of the display unit of the JCs at my counter since it's been released last year.
wavey.gif
​Hi there Juujubes!! That;s so interesting about invitation. It almost sounds like a different product than Chanel's current range of cream blushes. The original creams are amazing and I have every one of them! I know I'd also like to have Invitation. I think I can handle a bit of shimmer!!! I was stunned that Chanel included JC Canaille with this collection. I love it and wear it often but including it and Tissé Vendome, which is also lovely with La Perle de Chanel made no sense to me.

Medgal07

Good morning ladies! I took quick pics of the blushes alongside some other shades. Look at the pretty ribbon and camellia rose they had for Chinese New Year! I thought it was just too pretty not to share, I know it's just ribbon and a sticker lol.

Clockwise from left: Tumulte, Crescendo, Ultra Rose, Burberry Misty, Innocence. Crescendo is a cousin to Tumulte - in the pan they look similar but Crescendo is warmer and peachier, lighter and a tad more yellow. Innocence and Misty look so dusty in comparison. Ultra Rose is more vivid, more blue.

Left ultra rose, right crescendo.

Above: Left tumulte, right crescendo. So, you know how I said Invitation was shimmery. Look at dat shimmer in the pics below! Not color accurate but I wanted to show the level of shimmer, it's not joking aorund. There's even more shimmer underneath the top layer of the product as evidenced by my finger imprint lol.

I'm sorry for spamming this thread with pics. I really hope they're somewhat helpful, my counter only received 3 of each product.
girlhaha.gif
Other than making me drool uncontrollably (so not pretty), I'm loving your spam!!! I'm obsessed with the Camelia bloom and even purchased a necklace fashioned after the flower. I just love it. That packaging is to die for!!! I'm glad you shared it. It's hardly spam! It's eye candy at its best. Thank you so, so much!!!!

Medgal07

I really LOVE it. They never do anything special like that over here.
Isn't that sad? Today I got an E-mail from Chanel about Valentine's Day
icon_eek.gif
The gift box they're promoting is okay, and they've selected certain products as good gift

options and separated them by gender. Well my question is, where have you been for the past two weeks??? Valentine's Day is Saturday. They are offering
complimentary overnight shipping ---- but still!

laurennnxox

They're here, they're here!!
th_DANCE.gif

I'm already wearing a full face of makeup, so my first impressions are just based off of swatches!

IDO Mysterio- A stunner! It's a beautiful platinum silver! I can't wait to try it with a smokey eye or as an inner corner highlight. I am in love! This is definitely my favorite piece. I have to note that the consistency does feel a little different from my other newly purchased IDOs, but in a good way! It seemed a little more creamier and I didn't need as much to get the pigment in the swatch picture on my hand! In my photo, the sun really catches on Mysterio and it looks a bit whiter/brighter than it does IRL-- still pretty though!

JC Blush Crescendo- When I first opened the compact I was like: "Oof! That's bright!" But It's very pretty swatched on the hand. My picture shows just ONE swipe! It's definitely the most pigmented out of my JCs, I would say. Though it is still the super smooth and lovely texture. The other JCs I have are Malice, Jersey, Rose Bronze, and the Spring 3D Rose one for reference (I forgot it's name!) I can't wait to try this. The good news is it seemed to sheer out nicely so I don't have to worry about clown cheek.

RA 158 Virevoltante- My first swatch was definitely not love at first sight. It settled into the fine lines on my hand-- which I didn't even know existed because my hands are smooth!
blink.gif
So I swatched it on my inner wrist. Better this time. However, it's the most transparent RA I have. That might not say much because I only have 5 or 6 RAs. But I like my lippies to have more pigment. My swatch picture is definitely built up a few swipes. When I tried it on, it took a couple of swipes and rubbing my lips together to get it how I like it. If you have pigmented lips, it'll effect the color, I think. It definitely had more slip than the ones I have. Honestly, I'm not the biggest fan... but the shade is so pretty I don't know what to do. Maybe layer it over a liner. I am sure this color will not wear as long on me as my other RAs that I have.

Aqualumiere Gloss 92 Corset- This is much more sheer than I thought it would be based on some swatches I've seen. Also.. am I missing something or is this a new formula? I just looked on Chanel.com and only see this and Tutu (the other from the collection) under this formula. Is it an old one brought back? I am fairly new (about 1 year) to Chanel beauty. For some reason, and I don't know why, I thought I'd be getting a gloss in one of the pretty click top ones. Especially from the seemingly opaque swatches I've seen. Imagine my face when I open the box and pull out a pretty much plain and boring tube of lip gloss! Packaging wise, I mean. The color is still pretty! And, plus, it's definitely "shame on me" for assuming since it wasn't a glossimer that it *must* be the RA gloss. My counter only has those two.. I didn't know there were other kinds! Anyway... the slight shimmer in this is beautiful. It was hard to get in pictures, and I'm not sure if it'll show up on lips but it does add a pretty nuance to it. It's nice and smooth, not sticky or tacky at all. Thought I didn't try it on bare lips yet, only layered over RA 158.

All photos taken facing direct sunlight! (Yay, Florida winters!)

Also, the last photo is a comparison shot of Crescendo, TF Wicked, and Guerlain's Spring Blush "Balls". For the sake of comparison, I built up the Chanel swatch by about 3 strokes. The TF swatch was barely a tap into the pan and swiped once on my hand, and Guerlain I dipped my finger into the powder and swiped once on my hand. Wicked is *much* more pigmented, a bit darker (more noticeable in person) and has that BEAUTIFUL glow that makes me love this blush so much. Guerlain's isn't too close to it, but I don't have many shades that are close to Cresendo. Good for my collection, but that also doesn't say much because I only have about 12 blushes.

Crescendo blush, I find this picture to be very close to IRL in my opinion!

Mysterio

Crescendo blush, one swipe. (You can also see Mysterio in this shot, too.)

RA 158 (4 swipes), at the edges of the swatch you can see the "transparency" i am talking about.

Corset Gloss

Top to Bottom: Corset gloss layered over RA 158; Corset gloss by itself-- 2-3 swipes (I can't remember which... but it wasn't 1 swipe.)

^ Quick lip swatch of just RA 158

^ Top to Bottom: Chanel Crescendo, TF Wicked, Guerlain Spring 2015 Blush "Balls"

HTH!!!!

Medgal07

They're here, they're here!!
th_DANCE.gif

I'm already wearing a full face of makeup, so my first impressions are just based off of swatches!

IDO Mysterio- A stunner! It's a beautiful platinum silver! I can't wait to try it with a smokey eye or as an inner corner highlight. I am in love! This is definitely my favorite piece. I have to note that the consistency does feel a little different from my other newly purchased IDOs, but in a good way! It seemed a little more creamier and I didn't need as much to get the pigment in the swatch picture on my hand! In my photo, the sun really catches on Mysterio and it looks a bit whiter/brighter than it does IRL-- still pretty though!

JC Blush Crescendo- When I first opened the compact I was like: "Oof! That's bright!" But It's very pretty swatched on the hand. My picture shows just ONE swipe! It's definitely the most pigmented out of my JCs, I would say. Though it is still the super smooth and lovely texture. The other JCs I have are Malice, Jersey, Rose Bronze, and the Spring 3D Rose one for reference (I forgot it's name!) I can't wait to try this. The good news is it seemed to sheer out nicely so I don't have to worry about clown cheek.

RA 158 Virevoltante- My first swatch was definitely not love at first sight. It settled into the fine lines on my hand-- which I didn't even know existed because my hands are smooth!
blink.gif
So I swatched it on my inner wrist. Better this time. However, it's the most transparent RA I have. That might not say much because I only have 5 or 6 RAs. But I like my lippies to have more pigment. My swatch picture is definitely built up a few swipes. When I tried it on, it took a couple of swipes and rubbing my lips together to get it how I like it. If you have pigmented lips, it'll effect the color, I think. It definitely had more slip than the ones I have. Honestly, I'm not the biggest fan... but the shade is so pretty I don't know what to do. Maybe layer it over a liner. I am sure this color will not wear as long on me as my other RAs that I have.

Aqualumiere Gloss 92 Corset- This is much more sheer than I thought it would be based on some swatches I've seen. Also.. am I missing something or is this a new formula? I just looked on Chanel.com and only see this and Tutu (the other from the collection) under this formula. Is it an old one brought back? I am fairly new (about 1 year) to Chanel beauty. For some reason, and I don't know why, I thought I'd be getting a gloss in one of the pretty click top ones. Especially from the seemingly opaque swatches I've seen. Imagine my face when I open the box and pull out a pretty much plain and boring tube of lip gloss! Packaging wise, I mean. The color is still pretty! And, plus, it's definitely "shame on me" for assuming since it wasn't a glossimer that it *must* be the RA gloss. My counter only has those two.. I didn't know there were other kinds! Anyway... the slight shimmer in this is beautiful. It was hard to get in pictures, and I'm not sure if it'll show up on lips but it does add a pretty nuance to it. It's nice and smooth, not sticky or tacky at all. Thought I didn't try it on bare lips yet, only layered over RA 158.

All photos taken facing direct sunlight! (Yay, Florida winters!)

Also, the last photo is a comparison shot of Crescendo, TF Wicked, and Guerlain's Spring Blush "Balls". For the sake of comparison, I built up the Chanel swatch by about 3 strokes. The TF swatch was barely a tap into the pan and swiped once on my hand, and Guerlain I dipped my finger into the powder and swiped once on my hand. Wicked is *much* more pigmented, a bit darker (more noticeable in person) and has that BEAUTIFUL glow that makes me love this blush so much. Guerlain's isn't too close to it, but I don't have many shades that are close to Cresendo. Good for my collection, but that also doesn't say much because I only have about 12 blushes.

Crescendo blush, I find this picture to be very close to IRL in my opinion!

Mysterio

Crescendo blush, one swipe. (You can also see Mysterio in this shot, too.)

RA 158 (4 swipes), at the edges of the swatch you can see the "transparency" i am talking about.

Corset Gloss

Top to Bottom: Corset gloss layered over RA 158; Corset gloss by itself-- 2-3 swipes (I can't remember which... but it wasn't 1 swipe.)

^ Quick lip swatch of just RA 158

^ Top to Bottom: Chanel Crescendo, TF Wicked, Guerlain Spring 2015 Blush "Balls"

HTH!!!!
Awesome Lauren!!!
cheerleader.gif
Thanks so much for taking the time to overview the products, and take pics & swatches!!!!

​ I'm relieved to see Mysterio shown so beautifully and I'm loving Crescendo and eager to see how it compares to JCs like Pink Explosion.
I just hope it's not too close. A bit of variation will help to justify my purchase. Corset looks very pretty. It's not a new formula.
I have one Aqualumiere Gloss in Baie Rose, 89--a medium pink. I like the formula much better than the Glossimers!
ENJOY your goodies!!!! RA 158 looks really very pretty on you!!!