Perfection Lumière Velvet

shadowaddict

I will give it a try if there is a shade pale enough. I'm still upset that they discontinued Mat Lumiere in Porcelain and then the whole line. It worked really well over Hourglass primer on my oily skin. I like Armani Lasting Silk but having to mix a bit of MUFE pro white to get a good match is such a pain.

Debbs

I am really excited and anxious to see the blushes as well as trying the 070 foundation. I now alternate using my Mac powders with the Chanel powder in #70.

Teger

Some specs about this foundation: Light-medium coverage Natural Matte finish Long-wear, mattifying, second-skin texture Transparent Soft Focus Powder smooths the skins surface Patented Perfect Light Control Complex contains two types of hemispherical, semi-transparent powders: one to amplify luminosity, the other to create a soft-focus effect. Perfect Skin Affinity Complex creates lasting, comfortable wear. Buildable coverage; Colour stays true for hours. (I wonder if this means no oxidizing?)

Sexy Sadie

Definitely matte! Talked to my little birdy on the counter in the UK and she said that the coverage is light to medium, and she described it as something between perfection lumiere and vitalumiere aqua. It hits the counters on the 11th of April in Europe!
I look forward to see it, and if there is a shade light enough, I will purchase.

Teger

This feels a lot like Vitalumiere Aqua, but a moment after PLV hits the heat of your skin *poof* it turns into a powder. I think oily skinned ladies & gents will LOVE this or anyone wanting matte finish.

Twill

http://www.sugarcreambeauty.com/2014/02/chanel-perfection-lumiere-velvet-joues.html

The blushes are gorgeous!
love.gif

Debbs

I have planned for these. I have budgeted for these. I have been looking forward to these. Feels semi-justified after obsessively pulling up the above link a million times. It is still low buy if I have destashed, sacrificed and deprived myself of other goodies to get these, right? Continues to talk to self and the voices, lol. Those blushes are really nice, oh my, choices, decisions, conflicts, emotional turmoils.

Teger

These blushes are supposed to be a "new" formula as well. Not sure if that means baked or what. I'm hoping they are similar in texture to the Delice highlighter from last year... Which was baked without being rock hard.

Winthrop44

These blushes are supposed to be a "new" formula as well. Not sure if that means baked or what. I'm hoping they are similar in texture to the Delice highlighter from last year... Which was baked without being rock hard.
You and me both!
hmm.gif
Can't wait to find out. I noticed in one of the links in the new quads thread the blogger commented that the shadows felt moist as if they might have added oil to them. One difference between the Euro baked JCs and US powder ones, as I'm sure you know, is that the US powder ones contain mineral oil while the baked versions do not. Maybe part of what makes the new formula a "hybrid" is that it contains mineral oil?

Sexy Sadie

I don't like baked, so that makes these blushes out of the question for me. Still curious about the new foundation, though.

purplefatpig

SO, I tried the foundation for the first time today, have a sample of it and I have to say I am well-impressed. Thought it wouldn't give much coverage, kinda like vitalumiere aqua, but I'd say it's pretty close to medium. Goes so nicely on the skin, the skin becomes poreless and with a soft focus effect. So smooth and soft, it feels and it looks nice on the skin. Will report back how long it lasted on the skin, but I nvm because I will definitely be getting it.

urbis

SO, I tried the foundation for the first time today, have a sample of it and I have to say I am well-impressed. Thought it wouldn't give much coverage, kinda like vitalumiere aqua, but I'd say it's pretty close to medium. Goes so nicely on the skin, the skin becomes poreless and with a soft focus effect. So smooth and soft, it feels and it looks nice on the skin. Will report back how long it lasted on the skin, but I nvm because I will definitely be getting it. 
Do you think it's ok for dry skin type?

purplefatpig

I've had it on only for 2-3 hours for now and it doesn't feel drying and tight at all. My skin is usually normal to dry and now it feels just fine, not dehydrated but not too moisturised. It's interesting because it is not mousse texture like, but rather liquid to very fine powder.

urbis

I've had it on only for 2-3 hours for now and it doesn't feel drying and tight at all. My skin is usually normal to dry and now it feels just fine, not dehydrated but not too moisturised. It's interesting because it is not mousse texture like, but rather liquid to very fine powder.
Thanks for this interestin review. The word "velvet" misleaded me into thinking it is a foundation for oily skin

Fermi

So I got a call from Chanel counter at my local The Bay store and they said something about new foundation launch. I hope it is the one.
clapping.gif

Sexy Sadie

This sounds very interesting. Thank you.

Latest posts