Perfection Lumière Velvet

MissTania

I'm looking forward to the 2 JC swatches- they look highly pigmented and unique, I'd be interested to see how they look on fairer skin, I find it hard to apply the heavily pigmented JC's.

I found this image on this blog for 88
eyelove.gif

http://beautyaddiction1.blogspot.com.au/

joues_contraste_88_vivacite_one_shot.jpg

Medgal07

I'm looking forward to the 2 JC swatches- they look highly pigmented and unique, I'd be interested to see how they look on fairer skin, I find it hard to apply the heavily pigmented JC's.

I found this image on this blog for 88
eyelove.gif

http://beautyaddiction1.blogspot.com.au/

joues_contraste_88_vivacite_one_shot.jpg
Insanely beautiful!!!
th_drool.gif
Actually, I'd like to eat it----It looks like raspberry gelato!!!

NYCBeautyJunkie

Just finished playing with the collection at Saks (its available fellow NY'ers) and I'm personally a bit disappointed. The foundation shades are very 'beige' and aren't dark enough for my color (NC50). Even if they were, they are truly neutral to beige toned (not including the rose shades, I didnt look at those). The blushes are pretty but Canaille is nothing like I hoped; it's not too far from the veins of MAC's Sweet As Cocoa in both color and finish (it's brighter, less red but not as orange/yellow as it appears in promo pics). Its a satin/slight frost finish but not garish. Vivacite is a soft matte if that makes any sense... on my skin, it reminds me of NARS Couer Battant. Maybe a bit cooler. Don't get me wrong; the blushes are lovely and a great addition to Chanel's line, but I guess it just wasn't what I expected and isn't terribly necessary/new to my collection. I may still get Canaille because I don't own Sweet As Cocoa. It kinda reminds me of Lorac Hollywood blush as well. Not exact dupes to either but similar looking in my opinion. ETA: took a second look and Vivacite is actually quite purple/violet toned. Very cool in tone and just in general! I think it's unique.

Medgal07

Don't get me wrong; the blushes are lovely and a great addition to Chanel's line, but I guess it just wasn't what I expected and isn't terribly necessary/new to my collection. I may still get Canaille because I don't own Sweet As Cocoa. It kinda reminds me of Lorac Hollywood blush as well. Not exact dupes to either but similar looking in my opinion.
Thanks for taking the time. Appreciate your review/perspective.

NYCBeautyJunkie

I didnt notice but they definitely felt different than the JC's I currently have; Canaille in particular is very similar in feel to my Brume D Or JC, which I specifically sought the Euro version of. I have Canaille and will upload pictures within the next hour. :)

khhmakeup

Thanks a lot for posting your thoughts. Did you happen to notice if the blushes were the Euro baked or US powder formula?
They aren't like the baked versions we have here in Canada, they're much smoother and more pigmented! (See my pictures above for reference).

Medgal07

Both JC are back ordered at Bloomingdales
ssad.gif
I got an E-mail today informing me that they're expected to ship 4/21. Had I known that yesterday I'm not so sure
I would have ordered them. But then again, it's not like I don't have any blush at the moment right?
lol.gif

charismafulltv

Dunno where medgal found them but I saw it on Bloomingdales.com. hth! ETA: http://www1.bloomingdales.com/shop/product/chanel-joues-contraste-powder-blush?ID=89357 and Saks: http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/ProductDetail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524446586555&R=3145891686364&P_name=CHANEL&N=4294907777+306610924&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374306610924&bmUID=kjZyfkM
I was able to place an order at Saks! Thanks A million! :)

charismafulltv

[COLOR=0000FF]   I got an E-mail today informing me that they're expected to ship 4/21.  Had I known that yesterday I'm not so sure[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]   I would have ordered them.  [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]But then again, it's not like I don't have any blush at the moment right?[/COLOR]    :lol:  
I purchased mine at Saks delivery date 4/2

charismafulltv

[COLOR=0000FF]   I got an E-mail today informing me that they're expected to ship 4/21.  Had I known that yesterday I'm not so sure[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]   I would have ordered them.  [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]But then again, it's not like I don't have any blush at the moment right?[/COLOR]    :lol:  
I only got Canaille, Vivacite I skipped thought it be close to Nars Couer Battant. Pls post swatches when u get the chance. Thank u. :)

charismafulltv

Does anyone know when are we ever gonna get the new Eyeshadow quads here in the US? It's not fair if it will be released in the Fall. That's a very long wait.