Perfection Lumière Velvet

Sexy Sadie

But it is weird that the big makeup bloggers have not loaded up any review of it yet. I rememeber that when Chanel Launched Perfection Lumiere Foundation they provided them with lots of products in a good time before the date of launch. Have Chanel started to become gready?

Dominique33

This is a very good formula, second skin effect and good but not overwhelming coverage. I dońh use foundation very often and my fav one would be Guerlain Tenue de Perfection, but the Chanel one is matifying and lightweight, so yes very good indeed

Winthrop44

Here are the ingredients if anyone besides me is interested:

http://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/fda/fdaDrugXsl.cfm?setid=155bf3f2-9484-488b-a208-4521325b1f60

purplefatpig

But it is weird that the big makeup bloggers have not loaded up any review of it yet. I rememeber that when Chanel Launched Perfection Lumiere Foundation they provided them with lots of products in a good time before the date of launch. Have Chanel started to become gready?
They have sent off samples to counters in the UK, not sure about the US.

Dominique33

I think most synthetic components are not safe, even organic makeup is not 100% safe either, if we really want safe products we should not use any perfume, any Beauty product or any makeup product at all. This is a huge concern for all of us, both my parents suffered from cancer ( my father is a survivor my mother died :( and screening was totally useless in both cases ) and other members of the family as well, I think poison is everwhere, from our drinking water to the linen we use, the main problem lies in the information we get and we dońt get the propre information about what we call eco-toxicology. I attended a course on eco-toxicology some years ago well frightening but things are more simple than expected. Less is more is the rule, as far as makeup is concerned it is the same, not everyday and not too many products on the face . Foundation is not recommanded I use some occasionnally but not everyday.

Winthrop44

I'm sorry to hear that about your family Dominique. I avoid the 2 things I mentioned due to my skin being sensitive to them, but I understand what you're saying about safety too. Less is more makes sense, especially when the "experts" tell us one thing is good for us one week and bad for us the next.

User38

Sorry to hear of your family Dominique.. I do agree we are surrounded by toxins and this is what's causing most of the cancers we see daily -- that and the global mess we have made of this planet.

I don't know where there is safety though..

as refers this product, I don't have any reaction to alcohol, but I do not want octinoxate in any product. I do believe there is a trend now and some companies are using it in their foundations/ bb creams etc.

Dominique33

Thanks Winthrop,:) yes sometimes we have sorrow in our lives but makeup is a comfort and à joy. I just think scientists do not know everything and they won ´ t give us enough information but we need information ! It is a délicate issue though and less is more well it is a solution among others.

khhmakeup

I picked up this foundation yesterday! I chose Beige 20 instead of 10 which is what I would normally be, but with spring coming up (or, if you're in Canada, it doesn't look like we're ever getting spring) I thought I would go one shade darker. I can still wear it without much notice of the colour. It's beautiful. It's highly fragranced, which I don't mind and it's buildable. The coverage is actually beautiful and leaves my skin so 'velvety' smooth. I wore it for the full day today and thus far, it has held up. for the last 11.5 hrs. They also had the new blushes out. I picked up Vivacite which was very powdery, but extremely pigmented. It blends out beautifully but you need a light hand. It reminded me of Tarte's Flush blush, giving that just came in from outdoors look.

((The old version of Tarte Flush, not the lighter version re-released)).

Sexy Sadie

I picked up this foundation yesterday! I chose Beige 20 instead of 10 which is what I would normally be, but with spring coming up (or, if you're in Canada, it doesn't look like we're ever getting spring) I thought I would go one shade darker. I can still wear it without much notice of the colour. It's beautiful. It's highly fragranced, which I don't mind and it's buildable. The coverage is actually beautiful and leaves my skin so 'velvety' smooth. I wore it for the full day today and thus far, it has held up. for the last 11.5 hrs. They also had the new blushes out. I picked up Vivacite which was very powdery, but extremely pigmented. It blends out beautifully but you need a light hand. It reminded me of Tarte's Flush blush, giving that just came in from outdoors look.

Cool.

NYCBeautyJunkie

If possible, pictures please! I'd love to take a look at the new blushes.

My local counter have conflicting dates, although are on the same page in regards to around what time it will be available: Early April (boutiques and counters at dept stores have said first week, even)

Fermi

I just got off a conversation with a Chanel SA at my local The Bay store. They have it in stock but they are are still waiting for testers. I'm picking one tomorrow, so excited
eyelove.gif

Medgal07

Just ordered both JCs---couldn't resist since I have nothing like them in my Chanel stash. So excited!!!
yahoo.gif

• 88 Vivacité (Vibrant Magenta) (Limited Edition)
  • 89 Canaille (Warm Copper Gold) (Limited Edition)

User38

Just ordered both JCs---couldn't resist since I have nothing like them in my Chanel stash. So excited!!!
yahoo.gif

• 88 Vivacité (Vibrant Magenta) (Limited Edition)
  • 89 Canaille (Warm Copper Gold) (Limited Edition)
I love that magenta! congrats and enjoy!

realhousewifexo

[COLOR=0000FF]Just ordered both JCs---couldn't resist since I have nothing like them in my Chanel stash.  So excited!!!  [/COLOR]:yahoo:
  • [COLOR=0000FF]88 Vivacité (Vibrant Magenta) (Limited Edition)[/COLOR]
  • [COLOR=0000FF]89 Canaille (Warm Copper Gold) (Limited Edition)[/COLOR]
Where did you order them from?

NYCBeautyJunkie

Where did you order them from?
Dunno where medgal found them but I saw it on Bloomingdales.com. hth! ETA: http://www1.bloomingdales.com/shop/product/chanel-joues-contraste-powder-blush?ID=89357 and Saks: http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/ProductDetail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524446586555&R=3145891686364&P_name=CHANEL&N=4294907777+306610924&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374306610924&bmUID=kjZyfkM

khhmakeup

Sorry for the pictures being so grainy. I quickly took them with my phone before heading out to work. Strangely enough, my pictures will not load. Hopefully when I get home they will load on my personal computer, Sorry!!