periods

spectrolite

Hmm periods.. Normally they are drama free but every few months I get one that is just utterly evil. Like this month for instance - pimples, sore back, aching boobs, totally bitchy mood, and that horrible kind of pain that wakes you up at night and keeps you rolling around clutching a pillow and groaning as you wait for the Advil to kick in...and sometimes it decides not to. That was me around 3am this morning and I am so glad it is my day off so at least I'm not at work
smiles.gif

My favorite remedies are Advil liquid capsules of course, some kind of delicious snacks, dvd's in my pajamas all day and maybe some online shopping. I just do as many enjoyable things as possible to keep myself in a good mood. And I pity the foolish house mate that even *suggests* that it is my turn to wash the dishes or do the laundry... I think he knows that I would quite possibly obliterate him with a single glance if he did. Hehe.
girl_devil.gif

I'm normally a nice girl, I promiss!

Leilani78

exercising regularly does help to ease the pain.
also eating a banana or drinking milk helps to ease cramps because bananas contain potassium and milk contains calcium. both minerals are needed for normal muscle function.

nunu

thats strange because i thought we are not supposed to have dairy products like milk when we are on our periods..with that said i only put a little amount of milk in my tea. Guess it works differently from person to person but exercise definately help
smiles.gif

MACForME

I get KILLER cramps right before my period too. My doctor tried the pill with me but i got the "drunk on a boat" feeling and that was NOT going to work.. at ALL. So I tried The Shot and yea, hello weight gain! What the hell! Ok, off the shot.. and back to bad-cramp-city.. So, my doc said take Aleve (an OTC version of the prescription Anaprox) a few days before it starts and that helped. Made life alot more bearable. I find that I'm most uncomfortable the week or so before, bloating is the WORST. I feel like a slug, crave Coke and cheese ravioli.. how weird it that.

GreekChick

Don't y'all just hate it when you can actually feel the blood "clot" coming out of you, as if you're giving birth or something. You're walking along, minding your own business, and SPLAT! IT'S OUT! It's so annoying.
Also, that strong metallic smell (iron?) of blood is gruesome. It's like, you know people can smell you coming from a mile away. It's so funny, because I'll be sitting down, next to people, and the smell is so strong, but the thing is, only I can smell it. It's like Damn! Gotta go change that tampon/pad!
The worst is old brown blood. You get all hopeful that maybe just maybe your period is over, and 2 days later, you see a dot of brown blood. Ugh.

nunu

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekChick
Don't y'all just hate it when you can actually feel the blood "clot" coming out of you, as if you're giving birth or something. You're walking along, minding your own business, and SPLAT! IT'S OUT! It's so annoying.
Also, that strong metallic smell (iron?) of blood is gruesome. It's like, you know people can smell you coming from a mile away. It's so funny, because I'll be sitting down, next to people, and the smell is so strong, but the thing is, only I can smell it. It's like Damn! Gotta go change that tampon/pad!
The worst is old brown blood. You get all hopeful that maybe just maybe your period is over, and 2 days later, you see a dot of brown blood. Ugh.

I totally agree with you!!! OMG the clot!! EEEEEEEEEEEw the way it comes out its just nasty i hate it when it happens coz i knw i have to go change my pad and it annoys me even more when i just changed my pad like 2 mins ago and then SPLAT blood clot!! EEEEEEWW and yes i hear you about the smell too its sooo yuky!!! hmmm there are sometimes i wish i was a guy...
but then after my period is over im happy being a girl!

nunu

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACForME
I get KILLER cramps right before my period too. My doctor tried the pill with me but i got the "drunk on a boat" feeling and that was NOT going to work.. at ALL. So I tried The Shot and yea, hello weight gain! What the hell! Ok, off the shot.. and back to bad-cramp-city.. So, my doc said take Aleve (an OTC version of the prescription Anaprox) a few days before it starts and that helped. Made life alot more bearable. I find that I'm most uncomfortable the week or so before, bloating is the WORST. I feel like a slug, crave Coke and cheese ravioli.. how weird it that.

I'm bloat and acne city before i get my period...Hello PMS!! grrr
angry.gif

micky_mouse

with me my period i didnt have it for 6 months last year..cause i worked out alot..and eat healthy..salads,soups,no candy,no ice cream,no soda,just water to drink..but then i got a new job and started college..which made me change my workouts and my eating habits...i dont work out anymore...bad michelle... and i eat alot now..it doesnt help i have two jobs now and was is at coldstone..yummy ice cream..
i have my period in the first or second week of the month it usually is really light but idk i had my period at the first week on nov.and i have it right now..i started a couple days ago..so i hoping this means no period in dec..this one is wierd cause its kinda heavy and usually i use 2 pads/tampons...a day(sorry if this is to much info) but now for this one its a lot more...and i have been sick since sunday...so idk if being sick effects my period?any thoughts?

CantAffordMAC

snickers, brownies, cookies, cakes, potato chips, doughnuts--are the best foods for me to eat at that time lol. It makes me happy. and sad all at the same time.

Anyways I take Aleve or advil liqui-gels. they work really good for cramps. Plus, I pop 3 or 4 of them, then 45 minutes later I get a little woozy and fall asleep for like 3 hours. Thats just the best feeling...no pain + sleep+ chocolate+ salty chips= a good period.

I love to use the heat pads that you buy at the drugstore....the ones that you just unwrap then they stick to your underwear so the heat is right on your lower abdomen. Ohhhh my goodness, this makes your whole body the perfect temperature of warm and cozy...its great.

dollbabybex

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunu
Thanks tara!

thanks, i always wanted to go on the pill but i heard that one of the side effects is that you gain weight..is that true?

thats why i didnt go on it!

but theres a pill called yasmin
and your more likely to lose weight than gain weight
and i havent put a pound on!ive been on it on and off for 4 years.

dollbabybex

my periods only last one day,and i only use one tampon! (wether on the pill or not) and rarely get pain.

once a year ill get a HEAVY PAINFUL one...which lasts around 3 days... the last one, which was my last period... i was in so much pain i didnt sleep for 2 days
ssad.gif

my period is always dark as well,like dried blood, my doctor said that was fine tho!

i always feel dirty and sweaty on my period... and if i have any pain it always tends to be in my lower back... like a gnawing pain...ugh!

GreekChick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantAffordMAC
snickers, brownies, cookies, cakes, potato chips, doughnuts--are the best foods for me to eat at that time lol. It makes me happy. and sad all at the same time.

Anyways I take Aleve or advil liqui-gels. they work really good for cramps. Plus, I pop 3 or 4 of them, then 45 minutes later I get a little woozy and fall asleep for like 3 hours. Thats just the best feeling...no pain + sleep+ chocolate+ salty chips= a good period.

I love to use the heat pads that you buy at the drugstore....the ones that you just unwrap then they stick to your underwear so the heat is right on your lower abdomen. Ohhhh my goodness, this makes your whole body the perfect temperature of warm and cozy...its great.

This made me smile
greengrin.gif
!

nunu

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantAffordMAC

mmmm gotta try all that stuff out!
thanks!!

Xqueeze_me

Best not to eat pineapples, watermelon and winter gourd/melon when you have your period according to my mum. It makes the period heavier (prolong the period) and its not really good for the wellbeing especially if you want to have kids in the (near) future.. Avoid those fruits if you're pregnant.

I get sore backs 2 days before my period starts and its about a three-week cycle. First and second days are the worst because I get really bad backaches and I don't take anything for it. Those are the days when I just want to stay home and curl up in bed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekChick

hahaha I hate that too!! Or when the blood flows non-stop for a few seconds then I have to go change my nappy. ERGH!

dollbabybex

do any of you ever get this... or am i just crazy!

when you know your due on... you feel yourself come on...panic...run to the toilet...and theres nothing there!like a phantom period!

i always get this esp when shopping or whatnot!its so annoying!

nunu

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollbabybex
do any of you ever get this... or am i just crazy!

when you know your due on... you feel yourself come on...panic...run to the toilet...and theres nothing there!like a phantom period!

i always get this esp when shopping or whatnot!its so annoying!

It happens to me all the time!! I once actually went into boots bought some pads and ran into the nearest toilet and then there's nothing there!!
girl_devil.gif

Leilani78

Quote:
thats strange because i thought we are not supposed to have dairy products like milk when we are on our periods..with that said i only put a little amount of milk in my tea. Guess it works differently from person to person but exercise definately help
smiles.gif

really?! i've never heard of that.

Leopardskinny

Quote:
It happens to me all the time!! I once actually went into boots bought some pads and ran into the nearest toilet and then there's nothing there!!
girl_devil.gif

LOL I have done that before too.. it's weird because it REALLY feels like you've got your period...

chocodcocoa

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahblov
I used to have cramps just as bad as yours it sounds like! Thankfully I've started the pill and I'm able to have a normal life again. The pill effects everyone different, and different brands with different combinations of hormones will effect people differently too. I've been on Tricyclen, Tricyclen lo and Linessa, and now I'm back on Tricyclen lo. I gained a bit of weight when I was on Linessa, but like I said, it effects everyone differently. I'm pretty sure too, that the weight you gain is just water weight anyway, and it's such a miniscule amount if weight gain that it's really not that noticible even if it does happen to you.

Anyway, I really recommend Tricyclen lo because it has really low dose hormones. I was really mood swingy on all the other ones, but Tricyclen lo hasn't done that to me.

I recommend tricyclen lo as well!
I used to have such horrible cramps... painful enough to make me wanna roll around on the floor... and I had to take advil every four hours just so I could function
nonono.gif

but after I started taking birth control I have had almost zero cramps... except the times when I binge on ice cream...

Honey B. Fly

heating pad + midol xtra strength, girly movies n yummy food in bed all day haha wearing way cute comfy pj`s n a man to rub ur back

thats all i need lol