periods

nunu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopardskinny
LOL I have done that before too.. it's weird because it REALLY feels like you've got your period...

I know! isn't it annoying?? it feels like you're getting it but then it comes a few days later!!!
angry.gif

QTAllStarGurl

I was prescribed pain killers for cramps for a while b/c my cramps got so bad that i wouldn't eat, or go to school or anything...i basically laid on the bathroom floor for the duration of my cramps...it turned out i had ovarian cysts and that what made my cramps so bad...but long story short im on the pill now and i never get cramps....which can be bad sometimes b/c there have beeen occasions that i dont realize i've gotten my period until hours nd hours after...and by then its too late
ssad.gif
lmao

nd i tried heating pads once and for some reason i was walking along at school and the thing started burning sooooo bad...i ended up with a burn on my tummy....i dunno why they hate mee

oh this thread makes me giggle....but omg do u know what i hate sooo much...i only wear pads whan im sleeping or whatever and i guess its because i sleep with my legs closed or something but everytime i wake up in the morning and get out of the bed i feel like everything just falls out...like a monster clot it soo grosss!! so i always end up like running to the bathroom

MiCHiE

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantAffordMAC
snickers, brownies, cookies, cakes, potato chips, doughnuts--are the best foods for me to eat at that time lol. It makes me happy. and sad all at the same time.

Anyways I take Aleve or advil liqui-gels. they work really good for cramps. Plus, I pop 3 or 4 of them, then 45 minutes later I get a little woozy and fall asleep for like 3 hours. Thats just the best feeling...no pain + sleep+ chocolate+ salty chips= a good period.

I love to use the heat pads that you buy at the drugstore....the ones that you just unwrap then they stick to your underwear so the heat is right on your lower abdomen. Ohhhh my goodness, this makes your whole body the perfect temperature of warm and cozy...its great.

I would love to have my period with you! I do the same things. And I usually crave some sort of fast food. That's when I know my period is due.

Jello89

I just had my period 2.5 weeks ago. This was after a horrible wait of 3 months. Now I have the pms thing going on again. Im sure of it. Cramps, soreness you know where, friggin hungry as hell and I normally gain a few pounds. What is wrong with me. I was going to the gym and eating healthy. I lost 4 pounds in like less than three weeks. This killed my fun. What to do?
ssad.gif

*Star Violet*

If you're having really bad cramps with a very heavy period...it can also be Endemetriosis (hope I spelled it right). I had PCOS and my Gyno put me on the pill.
After I got married, I stopped taking the pill and my period got all wacky and wild...then the heavy flow and bad cramps started happening and I had to have a surgery to se whether I have Endemetriosis or not..now I'm much better...I'd definetly go and get checked by a Gyno if I were you to see if everything is normal.

BTW, Advil is bad for you. 2 doctors have told me this. It also stops yr flow and creates problems later on..I take TylenolExtra Strength.

And regarding whether the pill makes you gain weight or not...most women have gained weight, some have not...fof some it gave them acne, and some get prescribed the pill to get rid of acne...the side effects are different for differetnt brands and for every woman.

I had different side effects both times I took it (same brand)...before I got married it was amazing! When I took it after marraige...I gained alot of weight, got real bad acne and a few months after I stopped, had a horrible miscarraige

Kuuipo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xqueeze_me
Best not to eat pineapples, watermelon and winter gourd/melon when you have your period according to my mum. It makes the period heavier (prolong the period) and its not really good for the wellbeing especially if you want to have kids in the (near) future.. Avoid those fruits if you're pregnant.

I get sore backs 2 days before my period starts and its about a three-week cycle. First and second days are the worst because I get really bad backaches and I don't take anything for it. Those are the days when I just want to stay home and curl up in bed.

hahaha I hate that too!! Or when the blood flows non-stop for a few seconds then I have to go change my nappy. ERGH!

It's okay to eat fruit during your period or pregnancy. It will not make you bleed more, and some fruits have a diuretic effect that will help you get rid of extra water, and fibre that helps regulate digestive system (some women get constipated just prior and at the start of their periods-and especially while pregnant. Constipation can cause haemorrhoids)

Don't eat raw fish or fish with high levels of mercury or toxins during pregnancy, or sea mammals like shark.

The length of periods is determined by hormones, genetics, the thickness of the lining of the uterus (endometrium) and if there are fibroids present. Hormones also include birth control pills. Endometriosis can cause longer or heavier periods. The length and the flow can also vary from month to month.

Paramnesia

For me going on the pill helped, but now it's starting to 'wear off'. I get really sick from cramps and the pain, till the point I look like a ghost. I'm going to the doctor on Tuesday to try and find new methods of dealing with the pain because it's really affecting my uni work. I had to skip it this time just because I don't need the distraction, though I'm still having cramps and an upset stomach.

Things I've found in the past to work are:
-Nurofen plus (200mg ibuprofen and 12.8mg codeine phosphate, so not the most ideal medication for regular use)
-Naproxen Sodium (most period specific tablets)
-A wheat bag heated in the microwave and put on my abdomen
-Warm food and liquids like soup.
-Sleep

I'll see what my doctors saying and if there's anything interesting I'll let you all know.

User93

thats cool to have such a thread. My periods are such a roller-coster. Sometimes its ok, sometimes it hurts really bad. The most painful are 1st 6 hours, then i get better.. All i do is stay in bed, sometimes a take a strong pain-killer as i can't take it. It hurts in the back a lot aswell
thmbdn.gif
I cant really eat much, so I just wait for this pain to stop. Sometimes its ok and doesnt hurt.
Also, sometimes my periods are completely off the cycle, i can have it once in 2 months or once in 1.5 months.. I went to the doctor, she said i'm ok, that it's stress, little sleep etc.. Well, it really is. Also, she said a lot of young women have it, do you girls have straight cycle, or it bounces aswell? I mean, i can't even use a caledar, cause i have no idea when my next period gonna be.
And oh, i never suffered from PMS much, but this months that was something hectic - i felt damn nerveous, busted into tears, was crying, was being annoing etc - the full program :/

Julzie

When I get my periods, they never used to hurt until recently
ssad.gif
I get really bad cramps where I can't even stand or walk properly. I take prescibed pills from my doctor - Ponstan and it works!

NatalieMT

My periods were so bad (I was having like 2 cycles a month = hell) I also eventually went on the pill. But it's fine - I've not gained any weight, infact I could even still lose weight no problems. Apparently it increases your appetite which makes you eat more and gain weight. So if you just watch that you don't start over-eating you shouldn't gain weight.

Meh mine last for like 7/8 days too and that sucks. I'm not sure if I'm anaemic but I get all the faintness, I'm always tired, palpatations sort of. Plus I'm a vegetarian which probably means I don't get much iron.

Before the pill I got another prescription painkiller called mefenamic acid, actually it worked pretty good and reducing the pain substantially (more so than any OTC product) and it also seemed to make them slightly lighter.

nunu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alibi
Also, sometimes my periods are completely off the cycle, i can have it once in 2 months or once in 1.5 months.. I went to the doctor, she said i'm ok, that it's stress, little sleep etc.. Well, it really is. Also, she said a lot of young women have it, do you girls have straight cycle, or it bounces aswell? I mean, i can't even use a caledar, cause i have no idea when my next period gonna be.
And oh, i never suffered from PMS much, but this months that was something hectic - i felt damn nerveous, busted into tears, was crying, was being annoing etc - the full program :/

I don't know if i can call my cycle regular but i always expect it 5 weeks later. For example if i got it on the 14th of last month, i will expect it on the 21st of this month. I always have to add 7 days, sometimes longer.
Hope this makes sence.

Paramnesia

My cycle is pretty regular, but I guess thats because of the pill. Though there has been times where I have completely missed my period (once that was scary) and another time I my period it for over a month.

I think Ponstan here is over the counter, I've tried it before and found it didn't really work for me.

stacylynne

I use to be on the pill but my gyno took me off b/c I smoke.
I get terrible cramps. I take painkillers & muscle relaxers for 2 days & stay in bed. The 1st 2 days are terrible for me. After that i'm fine.

What I do, I wouldn't rec. to anyone.

*I have tried over the counter, camomile tea, heating pad; didn't work
ssad.gif

User93

Well Nunu, at least you know when to expect em
winks.gif
I can predict mine only 3 days before. And yeah, baggy pj's ftw
thmbup.gif
! I also love wearing some big cotton childish panties, eg shorts. I look as a complete dork these days.

nunu

^ hahaha don't get me started on "hello un attractive underwear" when i'm on my period! I HAVE to wear comfortable, cotton panties that i don't wear normally when i'm not on my period.

Sushi.

I used to get such bad pains that i would practically pass out. I would have to miss at least week of school every month (which of course was not good) i would be sick to my stomach all the time, and they were like unpredictable, they would start whenever (not regular at all!) and then go for a LONG TIME (at least a week usually more) So my doctor put me on the pill when i was like 12. She told me to take it everyday, without stopping. So i do, starting out you have to stop every few months as your body is not used to it yet kind of thing so you will get spotting. The next time you will beable to go a little longer and longer. And now i dont stop taking it ever. So i never have a period.. and yes i know everyone thinks that sounds bad or unhealthy but its not, my doctor was the one who told me to do it. lol. and i have no problems.
greengrin.gif
I love it, and would never go back to not taking it.

Jello89

I dont know what to do anymore. I still have that feeling in my stomach. I noticed when i do physical education, i start to feel cramps, as if i had my period. I keep going to the nurse cause i want her to prescribe me the pill but shes never thereeee
ssad.gif

user79

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollbabybex
do any of you ever get this... or am i just crazy!

when you know your due on... you feel yourself come on...panic...run to the toilet...and theres nothing there!like a phantom period!

i always get this esp when shopping or whatnot!its so annoying!

Bwahahah yep I know that feeling. Or when you've got a tampon in and you have a feeling like it's leaking, and you're somewhere like on a bus or a place without a toilet, so you start to panic about it seeping through your pants! And when you finally get to a toilet, there's nothing there. Hate that!

fashionette

My periods nearly kills me. I have really bad cramps, they make me puke and faint and I've gone to the hospital because I've been in so much pain.

I use really strong pills, prescription drugs.