POLL: What is your skincare regimine?

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Mmm-mmm-mmm. I can tell how good you smell from way over here
friends.gif
girlhaha.gif
I try to use products with as natural and minimal ingredients as possible. After trying out so many brands and products for years and years, and being allergic to pretty much everything, this is what seems to work best for me. Although some products are still irritating, mainly on my eyes, this is the best skin regimine I had so far. But I guess I could still optimize it.

gmom

AM: Murad vitamin C cleanser with Clarisonic Aria. Obagi vitamin C 20 serum. Sisley All Day All Year moisturizer with a couple drops of argan oil.

PM: Bioderma Sensibio makeup remover or Caudalie Micellar makeup remover. Either Organic Pharmacy carrot butter cleanser or REN balm cleanser with cleansing cloth. REN exfoliating pads or retinol or REN lactic acid peel. Replenix retinol eye cream. Prevage night cream.

andreacelinea

Morning and night I use Garnier Pure 3 in 1 and moisturize with my Nivea moisturizer for oily skin. In the evenings in put tea tre oil or benzoyl peroxid (5%) on my spots/ blemishes. I also use Simple Facial wipes for removing eye and facial make-up.

kzamora01

Morning:
MAC Marine-Bright cleanser
Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer spf 50

One to two times a week exfoliate using Aveeno scrub. Its not so harsh of a scrub.

Night:
Simple eye makeup remover (oil free)
Simple facial wipes to remove makeup
MAC Marine-Bright cleanser
Avon Anew eye cream
MAC Marine-Bright Softening Lotion

alle685

Morning:
Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser
Aveeno Skin Brightening Daily Scrub
AMBI Even & Clear Daily Moisturizer
Make Up

Night:
Simple Kind to Skin Refreshing Facial Wash Gel
Vaseline (I use this to moisturize my face and I’ve noticed it has really helped keep my skin soft and supple)

vyksyn

honestly? LÓreal facial toner both am/pm
Panoyxyl bar soap pm in shower
Retin A pm

That's all folks! OH and Sunscreen!!!! Lots of it!!!!!

craftypepper

AM:
I don't cleanse in the morning - just blot oil off with a Clean & Clear blot sheet.
Replenix CF Serum
Replenix Sheer Physical SPF 50 Spray (going to try Burnout Eco Sensitive SPF 32 soon, though)

PM:
MAC Cleanse Off Oil if I've worn makeup
Boots Expert Sensitive Gentle Cleansing Wash
Paula's Choice Clear Regular Strength BHA Toner or 8% AHA Gel (I rotate)
Chicet Moisturizing Mist Complex

Overall I'm pretty happy, but I may try out Ole Henricksen's Truth Serum soon as I have heard great things about it.

PeppermintMocha

Morning:

-FRESH soy facial wash
-Clinque Face Scrub (every once in a while)
-Murad Toner
-First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream

Night:

-Neutrogena Eye Makeup Remover (if I had mascara on that day)
-FRESH soy facial wash
-Murad Toner
-First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream
-LUSH Grease of Lightning for spot treatment
-Jojoba oil for eyelashes (done once in a while)

stormm

morning:
paula's choice clear acne cleanser
pc clear acne exfoliant
roc calmance moisturizer

night:
paula's choice clear acne cleanser
pc clear acne exfoliant
pc acne treatment

weekly:
yves rocher pomegranate mask

also i use simple gel wash in the shower and I swipe off my face with pc 2%bha liquid after I take off my makeup

aroseisarose

cleanser: clean and clear deep pore cleanser
toner: the body shop tea tree toner or la roche posay serozinc
physical exfoliator: boots no 7 energizing scrub
chemical exfoliator: paula's choice 2% bha liquid exfoliant or nip and fab glycolic pads
moisturiser: shiseido pureness matifying moisturiser
eye cream: kiehl's avocado eye cream
lip care: boots lip and cold sore cream
lash conditioner: talika lipocils
eye makeup remover: lancome bifacial or bobby brown eye makeup remover
face makeup remover: loreal micellar water or macs makeup remover wipes

tiffabutt

Here's mine... I use a lot of indie beauty brands!

Cleanser: Mario Badescu Enzyme cleansing gel; Mario Badescu Glycolic cleanser 3 evenings a week
Toner: Blooddrop Eau lala
Exfoliators: Moonalisa Herbal Mercy, Paula's Choice AHA liquid
Moisturizer: Olay Complete (day), Moonalisa Herbalist's Gold (night)
Eye cream: L'Occitane Shea butter cream for dry skin
Lips: Moonalisa lip balm
Eye makeup remover: Neutrogena eye make up remover

babyjane

Skin care products I use :) Makeup Remover - Maybelline Total Clean Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover & Smartskin Facial Wipes Cleanser - Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel Exfoliator - Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant (for a gentle scrub) & Biore Blemish Clearing Scrub Moisturizer - Dermalogica Active Moist & Lancome's Hydra Zen Multi-Relief (only in winter) Eye Cream - Lancome's Hydra Zen Multi-Relief (using it as a eye cream as well with no complaints) Lip Balm - Burt's Bee's Lip Balm Tubes (amazing!) I used to use Witch Hazel as toner but it contains alcohol which was irritating my skin. So no toner atm!

Rene916

I wash my face with baby wipes then use Benefits Moisture Prep Toning Lotion, eye cream, total moisture facial cream, then finish with ultra radiance re-hydrating mist.

mehrunissa

I've significantly downsized my skincare regimen with the goal of minimally interrupting my skin's natural pH.

AM
cleanser: lukewarm water
moisturizer: Olay Complete Defense Daily UV Moisturizer SPF 30, Sensitive Skin

PM
cleanser: MUJI Sensitive Skin Cleansing Oil
toner: Mario Badescu Glycolic Acid Toner
eyes: Roc Deep Wrinkle Night Cream (not a dedicated eye treatment, but I've been using it for years around my eyes and mouth)
moisturizer: Acne.org moisturizer with a few drops of camellia oil or tamanu oil

Skincare for the lazy girl. :)

Lin1018

girlhaha.gif
I try to use products with as natural and minimal ingredients as possible. After trying out so many brands and products for years and years, and being allergic to pretty much everything, this is what seems to work best for me. Although some products are still irritating, mainly on my eyes, this is the best skin regimine I had so far. But I guess I could still optimize it.
I agree with you, I look for products with as natural and minimal ingredients as possible. I used to use a combination of products, Avon cleanser and toner, Simple moisturizer and Nivea Q10 night cream. I changed after a friend of mine let me use some of her day cream. Now I understand what she means by sticking to one system. Monsia use Shea Butter in their cleanser, toner, day cream with SPF-15, and intense night repair cream. You can find all their ingredients listed on their website http://www.monsiaskincare.com/monsia-advanced-skin-renewal-system.html scroll down to Ingredients.

I have been adding a couple of drops of jojoba oil to Monsia's night repair cream and applying it to neck and eye area. It has tightened and smoothed the neck area but I still have age spots on my left and right cheeks but they are getting lighter.

karmachameleon

My routine is quite simple these days. I have given up bottled cleansers - my skin was too dry.
I use a warm, wet flannel in the morning. A simple moisturiser and sunscreen spf50+
At night I cleanse again with flannel, EVOO if I have make up on. I use some kind of BHA down my nose, Bio Oil on rest of face, neck and decolette.
Exfoliate and mask once per week.

lilinah

Besides cleansing, the two most important skincare habits are:
(1) sunscreen daily - even if you are not in the sun - if you're near a window UVA comes through and is responsible for a lot of skin aging issues and skin cancer;
(2) products with no fragrance/parfum - this is true of natural fragrant plant oils, too - makes them smell good, but is a skin irritant - a lot of skin issues are cumulative, so you may not see problems now, but in the not too distant future...;

Also:
(3) using products in opaque bottles and tubes, not jars - many skin care ingredients cease to be functional when exposed to air and light - every time you open a jar or expose a clear container to light - the product won't hurt you, but the ingredients help you less and less - so you're wasting money, especially when getting expensive products, if they're in jars or translucent containers.

I'm 65, have somewhat dry skin, not too many wrinkles, brown spots in the hollows of my cheeks, and rosacea on my cheeks, nose, and chin.

If i'm in a huge hurry, i do only two things: cleanse and put on sunscreen.

Otherwise, before i get dressed i:
Cleanse - there are many mild gentle cleansers, so i switch off from time to time;
Exfoliate - i use AHA on the sides of my face and forehead; BHA on my cheeks, nose, & chin because of rosacea - must wear sunscreen when using;
Retinol Serum - alternate with exfoliant - must wear sunscreen when using;
Antioxidant Serum + Vitamin C;
Sunscreen with only Zinc Oxide and Titanium Dioxide - yeah, it's white-ish, but by the time i do everything else it's mostly absorbed - and occasionally i mix some foundation into it so it's less white to start with.

I didn't start really taking care of my skin until i turned 60. First i tried some well-known drug store products, but the perfumes in them were very strong and unpleasant to me. Then i switched to fairly high-end stuff, but they were rather expensive, and i began to wonder if they really did what they promised. Then i found Paula Begoun's Beautypedia - http://beautypedia.com - and started shopping for more efficacious products. Someone i work with regularly thought i was in my early 50s, so i guess i'm doing something right.

Beautypedia has really helpful reviews on the efficacy of products. I mostly use Paula's Choice products, but i've found others that are good, too.

Some people complain because she rates her own products highly, but the site rates products by many companies and in every price range, so if you don't want to use hers, you can find products that suit you.
And some people claim she is anti natural products, but many of her own products contain natural ingredients, so that's clearly not the case, if th.

I ignore her makeup reviews because i have very different ideas about what colors and finishes i want to wear, except for foundation, since that covers so much skin.

karmachameleon

great post. I just wanted to say that I read some advice about using zinc based sunscreens on another site. The poster said that she always mixed a little water into her palm with the sunscreen and it stopped the product leaving the white cast. I haven't tried this personally as I had problems with staining on clothes so gave up zinc sunscreens, it also used to collect in the lines around my neck and looked horrible! Otherwise I would have stuck with them.