Porcelain Beauties: Rants and Raves for foundations

user79

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisydeadpetals
I usually use BE in the lightest cool/neutral shade "fair", but I think it may be a tad too dark for me...

I ordered the free sample kit from everday minerals in the lightest cool toned shade (I think it's called fair as well) and it's actually significantly lighter than BE's fair. So if anyone is looking for something lighter, I would check EM out! So far, I would say the quality is similar to BE, maybe better =)

I am Fairly Light in BE and I'm really wanting to try EM next. I love mineral makeup, it's perfect for everyday wear without feeling heavy or greasy at all.

Pixygirl

Quote:
THE ANTHEM right now, NW15 is really orange looking on me...and NC15 makes me look like i rolled around in pink pixie dust. during the summer, NW foundations work perfect for me...but in the winter i get dead pale and nothing works for me anymore with the exception of mineral foundation.

I am a Sothern California Girl too, in the summer sometimes I can pull off a NW15 but in the winter time its way too orange. At the last pro class I went to I asked Pro artist John (cant recall his last name) to Match me in hopes that it would help corprate know how lacking they are in the pale department. after being amaised that Nothing matches and we tried the lightest in every type of foundation. Finnaly we found something that worked

MAC Airbrush (Face and Body) in NW15 and NC10
I mix 5 drops in the palm of my hand of each then apply.

its a pain to do every morning but its a great match and I can lighten or darken as needed. it works freat for me if you can find them I highly recomend it.

MisStarrlight

I just found a foundation that works for me (Full Coverage W 10), but then when I went to buy it-3 stores & the Pro Store-no one had it in stock...one store said that it was d/c, but I don't want to believe that yet.

Since I have to wear foundation to work, right now I am wearing NC15 SFF w/ NW15 Studio Fix.

For those still searching for the right color, give Face & Body or Full Coverage (sheered down w/ F&B Mixing Medium or moisturizer) a shot. They both have a much wider range of colors & can easily be mixed to the right shade.

Ethel

I bought the two lightest Ben Nye foundations made for "white" skin, meaning no yellow, olive, or pink undertones. Just neutral. They were too light! That's really shocking, because I'm always the lightest in every brand.

So if you're finding that most brands aren't light enough, you might try Ben Nye.

ViVaMac

Yes, it's for find the right shade of foundation, specially when you are pale or dark.

No no, mister cosmetics, women are not only medium skin !

For my fair skin, i find the fluidle foundation Urban Decay in "illusion", or i put the concelear like a foundation (Logona or Dr.Hauschka, the very fairest shade) and i put on a little mineral foundation "illusion" Urban Decay. In Mac studio tech i'm Nc15-20, if i put just the 15, i look like a ghost, but it's the right shade
smiles.gif

I will trying the pure luxe and the meow mineral foundations, Meow comsetics are very differents shades (fairest to deepest) and i like the idea of choice for everyone.

GothicGirl

WHAT THE F***!!!! Has any of you girls noticed that Mineralize Satinfinish doesn´t have an NW15 version? MAC is tossing us melanin challenged ones aside...Fan- f***ing-tastic...

Showgirl

I'm not as pale as some of the rest of you (bout NW 20), but I'm VERY sallow skinned/ olive-ish... I have a terrible time getting warm/yellowish hued foundations that are pale instead of just ORANGE - just a nice subtle creamy PALE golden is nigh on impossible to find in the UK without going high-end... so I do totally sympathise with the difficulty in finding natural-looking foundations that folks paler than myself must experience...

From checking out a few different ranges, I'd strongly recommend looking at fyrinnae mineral foundation if you're paler than me. I've found my match - "Sunstone", which Fyrinnae class as a "medium" - after trying a few different samples, but I was amazed and JUST how pale some of the "pale" category shades- "Topaz" (which Fyrinnae describe as a "medium light" shade), for example - were.

Moonstone (described on the Fyrinnae site as "lighter than drugstore brands' 'ivory' shade), Opal (pink-toned ultra pale) and Pearl (very pale yellow toned) might well be worth checking out for the truly pale, and the sample service is a cheap way of experimenting with a few different shades (as I did).

http://www.fyrinnae.com/product_info...products_id=96

Personally I use either mineral makeup or Studio Fix in the summer and Clinique Superfit makeup in the winter, IMHO Clinique are the best manufactor of pale, warm foundations that I've found so far, particularly given that my skin is also quite oily and Clinique offer a range of foundations for my skintype, while most other manufacturors do not.

Hope this helps

user79

The Clinique stick foundation in Fair seems to be a pretty good match to me but I am not really crazy about the formula. Has anyone tried a good Lancome foundation? I've heard theirs are nice...

m4dswine

All Clinique foundations go orange on me.

Chanel used to do a brilliant shade in their Double Perfection range, but they d/c d it just to spite us pallid ladies...

I'm lucky... I have found Select SPF in NC15 is perfect, both in coverage and texture and colour. I have switched to NC5 powder and NC15 concealer as well. Much much better.

I wouldn't be any other way.

daisydeadpetals

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
I am Fairly Light in BE and I'm really wanting to try EM next. I love mineral makeup, it's perfect for everyday wear without feeling heavy or greasy at all.

Yes, you should definitely try it.. I'm switching to EM. I haven't touched my BE since I started using this =)

Shawna

Have any of you girls tried the new MUFE mat velvet + foundation? Mat velvet has always been one of my favorites and now I noticed that they have completely reformulated it and there are lots of porcelain skinned options. I don't have this at my local counter yet but I can hardly wait to try it. Mineral makeup in the lightest shades work for me, but in the winter when my skin is really really dry, I don't like using powder foundation. It just irritates the problem.

Morgana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showgirl
Moonstone (described on the Fyrinnae site as "lighter than drugstore brands' 'ivory' shade), Opal (pink-toned ultra pale) and Pearl (very pale yellow toned) might well be worth checking out for the truly pale, and the sample service is a cheap way of experimenting with a few different shades (as I did).

http://www.fyrinnae.com/product_info...products_id=96

that one makes my skin itch and feels quite tight on, it also doesnt look all that nice, try it before full size and see if works for you well ladies x

Becki

I have pale skin and I love Stila Illuminating Liquid and Powder Foundations, both in 10 watts.

Shawna

So I finally got my hands on the new MUFE matte velvet + foundation and I love it!!!!!!!! It is full coverage, but you can totally sheer it out by only applying a small amount. The best part is that they have lots of fair options. #15 is so pale that it was even too light for me. For the first time in my life, I had to go with the second to lightest choice. That never happens. For all of you that have trouble finding a shade light enough for you, check out #15.

m4dswine

Oo thanks for that, if the MAC foundation doesn't work out (texture and finish rather than colour) I may try Stila.

Glitziegal

When NW15 is too dark: Foundation help

Hi,
Now I am pale but not as pale as others I've seen. But my NW15 foundations are looking to orangey/dark on me. Even my Studio Mist light is a bit too dark. I'm having to go over it with MSF in Light.

Can anyone recommend a different brand which does paler colours and recommend me a shade please.

TIA

claresauntie

Re: When NW15 is too dark: Foundation help

Try Face Atelier. They have some light colors AND a product called Zero Minus that will lighten a foundation.

This company is a new favorite of makeup artists.

The best part is: they sell foundation samples, so you don't have to commit to a whole bottle sight unseen!

Ambi

Not sure what I'm in MAC foundations [they're too dark for me] but L'oreal Infallible in Porcelain and Max Factor foundations in Porcelain are light enough for me, both have great coverage too.

MisStarrlight

Ah yes, this is my life. hehe

I have switched to NC 15 w/ NW powders for several formulas (the best results being with the Mineral Satinfinish since it's not quite as yellow as the rest), but the best thing I've found-MAC-wise, since I have to wear MAC only for work-has been Full Coverage W10 (pro) w/ some F&B mixing medium to sheer it down.

I've heard some good stuff about Face Atelier though.