Pre Airbrushed Gwen.

NaturallyME

maybe im in denial but i cannot MAKE myself believe that she would look like that in real life i agree with the terrible lighting and such it has to be theres no way if u run into her on sunday stroll with her baby in tote she looks like that..I'd die! thats haggard! She always looks so beautiful ....no way!! thats all i can say
jawdrop.gif

dmenchi

AND DON'T forget SUNBLOCK ON YOUR NECK AND HANDS!!! wrinkles/brownspots on the neck and hands always reveal your true age- well sometimes LOL

aziajs

Gwen looks the worst of the bunch. I think it's the makeup and the lighting. That studio makeup brings out flaws and the lighting accentuates them more.

I think Sharon Stone looks great. She looks like a beautiful woman of her age. Janet looks good too. But she's got good genes. Aside from the work just about everyone in their family has done they have aged well. Look at her mother.

Here are a couple more actual shots from another session. I think they look better.

gwen.jpg

gwen2.jpg

xsnowwhite

yeah after seeing the other gwen ones i think that one was just an off day or something lol
i still think gwen is gorgeous!!

frocher

^^ I agree. She is a beautiful woman, but she isn't a teenager. I think the media has conditioned us to believe we should all look very youthful or not be seen at all. She looks great.

SparklingWaves

I totally agree with the poster who stated that she washes out her skin tone with too light of colored foundation and extremely pale hair color. Her body and neck are darker than her face.

Xtina does the same thing in regard to the hair, but she does other techniques to cause some contrast - fake tan, blood red lipstick, and indigo colored contacts. Xtina wears hats to cover her roots and when she doesn't have the full "Xtina" face going on. She is the queen of disguise or I should say her make artists. Her makeup is outstanding.

Personally, I would like both of these ladies to give up the extreme platinum blonde look and go with something more natural looking.

I have seen ladies wear the platinum look very well, but they literally had to dye their hair every two weeks. Marilyn Monroe had to have touch ups to her roots every 3 days when taking photos to prevent shadows. I am sure the roots are photoshopped out now.

Lisa J

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJones
i think someone used photoshop to make her uglier

when you see candids of her she never has THAT bad skin...

Exactly, totally agree.

Kuuipo

Quote:
Originally Posted by I love Brian Kinney
I still think she looks great.

She's 38,she really does look like this. Not bad at all for her age,although she would look better with darker hair because she looks very,very Southern Italian. She was just here in Honolulu the other month.

Kuuipo

I never understood why women are so critical and unforgiving about other womens flaws. Everyone ages,you do not degrade because you get older. (Unless you are a self hater,then I guess the skewed negative perception really goes haywire and the plastic surgeons think "aha...a new victim!")

Miss_M

I think it's very disturbing that, thanks to the modern miracles of Photoshop, people have a very distorted image of peoples real age nowadays.

We are so used to look at heavily Photoshopped people in pictures, ads and magazines, that a person in a normal non-retouched photo is considered "old".

That's why I love those close-up red carpet pictures of celebs. That way you get to see every blemish, flaw, wrinkle, freckle or scar and realize that they don't have perfect skin either.

Just check http://www.iwanexstudio.com, click on "portfolio" and see what people like Cameron Diaz, Justin Timberlake or Cate Blanchett look like without retouching.

Ms.Amaranthine

Oh dear. That's awful. I think the lighting has something to do with it, but.. I could believe it's not been photoshopped to make her look worse. Janet doesn't look that bad, they just removed wrinkles mostly. Everybody tries so hard to look like the women they see in fashion mags and get discouraged when they don't.. it just goes to show that it's all smoke and mirrors. These women are just like everybody else, except that they can afford the make-up artists, hair stylists and professional airbrushers.

glamdoll

I love Gwen, this is a bad pic of her, but I doubt that that is how she looks permanently. We've all had bad to SUPER bad skin/hair/makeup days. We're just lucky enough not to have em plastered everywehre.

Ode to Joy

to the pic in 1st post: why should everything in this pic look so god and her face worse like that? i think it looks more than photoshopped