Pure Luxe (all)

callison

Re: Anyone tried Pure Luxe cosmetics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graziella*K
Alright girls I'm not a Pure Luxe expert but I love their foundation and eyeshadows ! I'm wearing 4 different pigments on my lids right now that I applied dry and the color are exactly the same as in the pot.

Ok now I explain my basic Pure luxe shadow routine ! :

When I first bought my samples I was very pleased with them 'cause they just look so pretty and stuff but I soon was a bit disappointed because applied dry they didn't show up ( on my NW15 skin !!! ) and once applied foiled the colors were vibrant but fell a lot on my cheeks and made my face look like a total mess !

So after 3 or 4 tries ... I gave up and kept these oh-so cute pots in my drawers.

Buttt ... then I discovered Mac Shadesticks !!!!

This stuff is in my opinion the best shadow base I've never tried ! It made a total difference to my eye make up !

For exemple today I'm only wearing pure luxe shadows on my lids ( white diamonds, charisma, risque and bubblegum), applied dry over beige-ing and Crimsonaire shadesticks !

The result is marvelous ... for real.

The s/s seems to make the pigments "stick" very well and it stays put all day long. No more fall out or dull pigment shadows !

Now I loooooove to wear my pure luxe and Mac pigments because I found it as easy to use as regular shadows. ^_^'

Hope this helps 'cause it completely change my pigment make-up life ! hahaha

xoxoGraziellaxoxo

They are even better with MAC paints which give a better color payoff or try Krylon AquaColors for very intense payoff. The key is a definite paint, shadestick kind of base, the richer or deeper the more payoff you will recieve.

madnicole

I recently bought 14 eyeshadow & 2 blush samples from Pure Luxe - and I love love love them. I will be back on their website (which isn't user friendly however for the price of the pigments/shadows, I can live with it!) very shortly to buy some more!
I use UDPP, then either a shadestick or preferably a NYX jumbo crayon (much better than the shadesticks). I then wet my brush with mixing medium (1 part glycerine + 2-3 parts water) (and dab excess on a small cloth), and dip into the pigment. I press this onto my eyelids (packing it on). Give it a few minutes to dry and then blend with a little more shadow/pigment on dry brush this time.
No fall out & the colour is startlingly vibrant, and lasts all day long without creasing or fading. Give it a try and you will be amazed!
As for the blush - I thought they were good (maybe not HG, but still good to have) - just apply lightly after applying setting powder - if you do it before, the pigment 'catches' on the moisture from the foundation and won't apply smoothly.
HTH's

aggrolounge

I find the quality of these e/s totally lacking. Compared to other loose pigments, these are just so sheer and muddy. I get frustrated every time I work with them! I'll stick to MAD x.x

shonntew

I have the eraser and I love it. It really smooths out skin and erases pores. I got a sample in the spring and I am almost out and need more. I will probably purchase the full size this time

InspiredBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by shonntew
I have the eraser and I love it. It really smooths out skin and erases pores. I got a sample in the spring and I am almost out and need more. I will probably purchase the full size this time

Do you mean the cream or powder one? I have samples of both, but I haven't tried them out yet. How do you apply the cream one? I've been a strict mineral makeup user for so long it feels weird to use a non powder product on my face..
smiles.gif

FLYSKYHiGH

Pre-Black Friday sale and 30% Off!

I'm controlling myself & sticking to my project 10 pan... *idon'tneeditidon'tneeditidon'tneeditidon'tneediti don'tneeditidon'tneeditidon'tneedit*

Haha, getting anything ladies?

lumonia

I've been using their loose powders quite some time know and i don't use anymore normal loose powders. I don't think PL powders are that much better but i can't use talc because it cloggs(not sure if that's the right word, so please correct my language ^^)my pores and causes zits which is not very nice. It took me some time and testing before i realized what the problem was
th_LMAO.gif
So i now use their loose powders and like them very much. I also like their foundation which i've been meaning to buy but i have already "few" foundations which needs ro be used
tong.gif

And finally to the eyeshadows. I love the colour selection. I've ordered some samples and like the intensivity of the colours.

shatteredshards

Actually, PL has been nothing but disappointing to me, and I first found them just out of high school (I'm 25 now, so figure that's a few+ years ago). And after figuring out that my favorite color, as sheer as it applies, is actually an exact dupe to a TKB pigment, which, ironically, applies better straight out of the bag? I feel jilted.

That's just my $0.02.

tofuglory1

There have been rumors that many of Pure Luxe's shadows are repackaged. I bought some samples before I knew and weren't overly impressed. Then I read Grey's review on the company (Pure Luxe Cosmetics – A Review Gothique) and now I'm staying clear of the website for good.

The owner actually left a pretty nasty comment on MineralMakeupMutiny (Rainbows, Skittles, Gumballs, Brights, ROYGBIV? Join the Mineral Makeup Mutiny!) and actually threatened to sue. I understand why she'd be unhappy, but imho anyone who resorts to baseless phony legal threats are the worst (think Lime Crime).

hazel06

problems with pureluxe

it says 3-5 buissness days for me to recieve my order not big order just 3 items
they even gave me a tracking number through usps
but i still have not recieved my order

when i check the tracking number this is what i get
Class: First-Class Mail
Service(s): Delivery Confirmation

Your item was accepted at 2:23 pm on August 06, 2010 in THEODORE, AL 36582. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

that was 10 days ago
is this normal ????
what do i do ?

InspiredBlue

Re: problems with pureluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazel06
is this normal ????
what do i do ?

Contact the company and/or the post office.
winks.gif