Red lipstick

dreamer246

^^ That looks hot! May I know what finish is Burning? I should stop getting red lippies since I hardly wear this color, but somehow I'm addicted to buying red lipsticks. Something must be wrong with me.
tong.gif

User27

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer246
^^ That looks hot! May I know what finish is Burning? I should stop getting red lippies since I hardly wear this color, but somehow I'm addicted to buying red lipsticks. Something must be wrong with me.
tong.gif

It's one of those creme lipsticks...heavy vanilla scent too. For some reason I own mattes but I prefer the Amplified ones. This one shows up a vampy burgandy like her pic above and it really goes on smooth.

I have no idea why but I end up buying reds too. Just bought New York Apple to give it a test run. I thought I was the only one that did this but I have all these NYX reds here too...Snow White, Medusa, Chaos, Electra, Alecto, Hebe and Fire. Still in a box from Cherry Culture with the eyeshadows and mascaras. Thanks for making me feel normal because my fiance is still like red is red is red and I'm like no this was one's darker and this ones vamp. lol

TISH1124

Quote:
tong.gif

Amplified Creme

Ooops just saw this was answered....repeat

dreamer246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casadalinnis
It's one of those creme lipsticks...heavy vanilla scent too. For some reason I own mattes but I prefer the Amplified ones. This one shows up a vampy burgandy like her pic above and it really goes on smooth.

I have no idea why but I end up buying reds too. Just bought New York Apple to give it a test run. I thought I was the only one that did this but I have all these NYX reds here too...Snow White, Medusa, Chaos, Electra, Alecto, Hebe and Fire. Still in a box from Cherry Culture with the eyeshadows and mascaras. Thanks for making me feel normal because my fiance is still like red is red is red and I'm like no this was one's darker and this ones vamp. lol

^^ No you're not the only one who has a red fetish, so don't worry.
tong.gif

I have lippies (all MAC): Dark Side, Kirsch, Dubonnet, So Scarlet, Flourish, On Hold, Crazee, "Red" She Said, Hot Tahiti, Russian Red, Liza Red, True Couture

On its way to me are possibly: Cockney, Lady Bug, So Chaud, and counting...

I may have more, but those are the only ones I can recall from memory. Wth am I doing with 15 red lippies when I hardly ever wear the color.
sneaky.gif

jacquelinda

i bought Ruby Woo and let me tell ya.... its red! a bright, pin-up-esq red. red lips are such a bold statement, everytime i wear it, i swear i get some confidence boost because i know i could pull it off. i feel daring, confident and Ruby Woo is my lucky lipstick haha i can definitely get a free drink at the bar with this lippie.

i just hate when red lipstick is on my teeth. its the worse!

User27

I perused Bunny<3's update of his train case and noticed a lipstick called Queen's Sin and it jumped out at me. Does anybody have a swatch for this one? I tried a search and lots of collections and some other train cases show up but I'd love to see a swatch on skin. That thing looks gorgeous and I want it.....

Many thanks!
smiles.gif

Ggxox

When I do the whole red lips thing I always reach for Russian Red. It suits my red hair and mega pale skin perfectly. I was thinking about getting Ladybug for a more softer look.

xoxo

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casadalinnis
I perused Bunny<3's update of his train case and noticed a lipstick called Queen's Sin and it jumped out at me. Does anybody have a swatch for this one? I tried a search and lots of collections and some other train cases show up but I'd love to see a swatch on skin. That thing looks gorgeous and I want it.....

Many thanks!
smiles.gif

i think queens sin came out with the holiday 2007 collection. so maybe try having a look at that collection
smiles.gif

LMD84

yes i was correct it was holiday 2007- here is a swatch on skin with credit to musingsofamuse.com!

Picture+032.jpg

User27

Quote:
^^ Both Port Red and Queen's Sin are on my wanted list.
sigh.gif
Too bad they're so hard to find.
ssad.gif

I officially want that and Red Pepper. I figure the only way to get them is steal his train cases as he's sleeping but with that much organization, that mission would be hard. Probably has security on stand by like blindpassion does....drats.

I honestly was like I see him in a lighter color all the time and didn't expect to see them there but the guy has amazing taste. I could see adding his MSF's to the burglary.
lol.gif

YouTube - M·A·C Senior Artist, Fatima, Creates The Perfect Red Lip

This woman is a godsend and the MAC website section Artistry in Action lets you print the steps. My fave red lip vid ever and I wouldn't have thought it this detailed.
smiles.gif

monlnd

red lips

I wonder how to wear red lips properly. I never managed to have red lipstick, because it lokks crazy on me. I don´t seem to get these red, perfect lips that other beautyful women have. I know I should wear a kind of primer underneath, and use a lip liner, but this don´t seem to be enough...?
th_confused_new.gif

gildedangel

Re: red lips

What lipstick are you using? You may be using one that isn't pigmented enough or doesn't suit your skintone.

Dani California

Hi guys
greengrin.gif

I was searching for a post on here about some deeper reddy coloured lipstick worn by Drew Barrymore I think it was.....and I cannot find it. Does anyone know the one I mean? or indeed the actual lipstick?

Thanks guys
greengrin.gif

User38

Red Lizzard - Nars, Russian Red - MAC, Maneater - Illamasqua, YSL #131, Flamenco - NARS, Brave Red - MAC, Dubonnet - MAC, Jungle Red - NARS
greengrin.gif

my favs!

cno64

Quote:
^^ No you're not the only one who has a red fetish, so don't worry.
tong.gif

FAAAAAAAR from it!
blush-anim-cl.gif

I own the following: Ruby Woo, Russian Red, Powerhouse, Tassel, Rapturous Mattene, Lady Danger, Berry Boost, M.A.C. Red, Queen's Sin, New York Apple, Classic Dame Mattene, Rougette Mattene, So Scarlet, and Port Red.
And I'm actually contemplating Back to MACing for Brave Red.
I *think* I'm still sane, really.
th_crazy.gif