Resolution "LOW-BUY" 2015

VAL4M

This month, I've both made progress and kinda screwed up. I purchased as much makeup as never before during the last six months and it feels sooo extreme. I got five items from the Mac is Beauty collection, then Oxblood lipstick at the beginning of the month, and Brave and Faux lipsticks (the had been sold out and I've been waiting for sooo long and I took my chance). Plus, my foundation buffer started shedding and finally fell apart, so I ordered a new one by Zoeva. I guess at least this was a smart choice since I wanted a Mac one at first, but then went for a much less pricey one which is working really great for me so far. About the makeup, I can at least say that I only picked colors that are appropriate for work and everyday looks, no bright lippie I won't use. This month should be an exception so I won't purchase as much again this spring/summer.

But looking at my clothes shopping behavior, I think I've made really good decisions. I purchased quite a lot of things this month, but they all match other items I already own and I paid attention to the "perfect fit" etc. more than usual. Especially when it comes to dresses, some I own are a tiny bit too short. I always wear opaque black tights or leggings, so the problem is not about showing "too much" skin, but I'm a plus size girl, so one or two inches of skirt can change my appearance sooo much. So I skipped a lot of clothes I tried on although I probably would have purchased them in the past. But why take a mediocre item home with me, when I could have something that's perfect for me (even if I need to look for that).
I also purged the two blushes we talked about some days ago (Scene to be seen and Worldly wealth), and three baby pink lipsticks (Rose Lily, Sweet Experience, Steady Going). Those shades simply don't work for me so I need to accept this and move on instead of hoarding them to "make them work" in the right combo. I only own pricey makeup, so I wanny use my favorite things and they should be fine just as they are - I wanna put a lipstick on and feel fab instantly instead of having to mix it with something else to make it look okay, just to go on feeling weird while wearing it. Purging still is kinda hard for me. Not because I don't wanna let go of those things, but because I'm confronted with the mistakes I've made, but it also feels so good and carthartic afterwards.
Next week I will take pictures, it is sad I didn't think about that before do a ''before and after'' for all the items I'm working on aka Project pan.
As for the clothing I totally agree with you, no one need 10 pairs of so-so fitted pairs of Jeans in their closet. You only need 3-4 of them even if they cost twice as much it is still ''better'' investments. same with blouses, shirt and dresses!

HppyLittleNinja

Quote: Originally Posted by Buffy89
I love your idea of making a "use it or purge it" list. I should do that for my glosses bacause I barely wear them (long hair and wind vs. sticky lipgloss) and there are some colors I'm too shy to wear or some colors that need a better formula. For example Modern(?) Lure lipglass (a dark purplish shade) from the Alluring Aquatics collection - it's too dark for me I think, and I'm feeling a little uncomfortable wearing it because of the shade and texture. The color is too dark to have a runny gloss texture, I think, and I prefer dark shades in dry, long lasting lipstick textures. But the packaging is sooo nice. So you can see my problem? The struggle is real haha.

If you like the packaging but not the product, you could clean the cap+doe foot part well and use it with a MAC lip glass you prefer. Swapping the doe foot caps allows you to B2M the Modern Lure lipglass you don't like. [This isn't my idea. I read it somewhere on Specktra.]

Maris Crane

I gave in, and I'm blaming Specktra. I missed out on the Laura Mercier Artist palette (the all eyeshadows one) and.... I gave in.

I swear I am really done now, though. XD

B

Buffy89

If you like the packaging but not the product, you could clean the cap+doe foot part well and use it with a MAC lip glass you prefer. Swapping the doe foot caps allows you to B2M the Modern Lure lipglass you don't like. [This isn't my idea. I read it somewhere on Specktra.]
Oh!!! Why do I never get those ideas myself? It's super simple and I'll swap the caps today
cheerleader.gif
Thank you!!!

veronikawithak

I gave in, and I'm blaming Specktra. I missed out on the Laura Mercier Artist palette (the all eyeshadows one) and.... I gave in.

I was tempted by that too.. and I entertained the idea of buying one of the new Tarte palettes.. but then I reminded myself that I've used eyeshadow like twice in the past month. I'm so lazy. Plus some of the shades in each palette I would just never use and that would bother me. I know the LM was hugely popular though and the shades look great, so I can see why you got it! Hopefully you really love it! :)

treasuremymac

I say the same thing every week and give into something new ...grr...why cant there just be ONE brand to buy from? So many pretty things!

I ended up buying new facial cream with SPF today (in my defense the stuff I was using didnt have SPF and now that its spring I need something to protect my aging skin)

Proud of myself for skipping Julie Petit (although I later bought a Boca for $32), Beauty is Now and Philip Treacy.

I'm starting to worry about Giambattista Valli because all the items in that release look absolutely beautiful. Im a total sucker for packaging. So i ask myself...do i plan accordingly to give into this release or do i just forget it all together (and then somehow end up regretting it and buy it on ebay for more than i should? its a dilemma!)

Ive seen some people comment that they are x number of days into their no buy plan but i feel as though i struggle when i have those type of restrictions. is there another method people find helpful to reducing spending on makeup? Maybe i can give myself a budget of $X a month in a cash envelope and say this is all i can spend but knowing me, Ill use my check card or paypal to pay for things. Plus shipping things online is sooo convenient since I dont shop for much of my makeup in stores in anymore. Any suggestions?

Thanks everyone!

B

Buffy89

I say the same thing every week and give into something new ...grr...why cant there just be ONE brand to buy from? So many pretty things!

I ended up buying new facial cream with SPF today (in my defense the stuff I was using didnt have SPF and now that its spring I need something to protect my aging skin)

Proud of myself for skipping Julie Petit (although I later bought a Boca for $32), Beauty is Now and Philip Treacy.

I'm starting to worry about Giambattista Valli because all the items in that release look absolutely beautiful. Im a total sucker for packaging. So i ask myself...do i plan accordingly to give into this release or do i just forget it all together (and then somehow end up regretting it and buy it on ebay for more than i should? its a dilemma!)

Ive seen some people comment that they are x number of days into their no buy plan but i feel as though i struggle when i have those type of restrictions. is there another method people find helpful to reducing spending on makeup? Maybe i can give myself a budget of $X a month in a cash envelope and say this is all i can spend but knowing me, Ill use my check card or paypal to pay for things. Plus shipping things online is sooo convenient since I dont shop for much of my makeup in stores in anymore. Any suggestions?

Thanks everyone!
Well my summary of what I purchased last month (which I posted yesterday) might not be the best example, but there are some guidelines, among others that were already mentioned by others here, that are helpful for me:
- asking myself "will I really wear this, like, tomorrow?": helps me to stay away from products I won't use anyway because they don't match my habits and everyday behavior, for example bright lipsticks. Buying bright lipsticks is like buying several ball gowns at the same time for me - I only wear them on special occasions, so there's no need to hoard. I don't buy things any more because I might wear them "one day".
- setting a limit of items I'm allowed to purchase per collection; trying to stick to that limit. Only pick what's perfect for you! All those other subpar items will only collect dust.
- making a "shopping list" when I'm checking a new collection out at the counter. this way, it's easier for me to stick to my original plan, remember why exactly I've chosen the items on the list (and why I did not write other items down) and to stay away from impulse shopping.
- while I do some research on the products I plan to purchase, I try to spend as little time as possible in the collection chats and I don't watch haul videos. Everybody's showing their hauls there and getting compliments on how great they look, swooning because of all those products - that's not helpful for me. Also remember - the internet beauty community and the users' shopping behavior is soooo different from regular consumers' behavior. One easily gets a distracted/blurred view on makeup "collections" here.
- instead, I read/watch inspirational things about minimalism and decluttering. Try Pinsofoxy's videos for the start, or blogs like Into Mind.

Some time ago, veronikawithak posted a greatgreatgreat list of helpful tips here, I guess it was sometime in February.
Got no time to give an elaborate answer, so I have to keep it short, but I hope this helps a little for the beginning.

shellygrrl

Staff member
You can set a monetary spending limit per month. You can set a total item limit (no more than X products per month, per year, and/or per MAC collection). You can unsubscribe from store or brand emails, to take the temptation away. You can restrict your makeup shopping to in store/at counters only, force yourself to swatch or test things in person. You can restrict your purchasing by product category/type (e.g., set a no-buy on product types that you need to use more but give yourself leeway on others).

Glitteryvegas

EEEEEEE THIS MADE MY LIFE. (Yes, I have a boring life haha..just kidding...but THANK YOU! for this suggestion!)

I have a lip gloss from To the Beach which I love and use sparingly but I've been putting of finishing (even though that collection is very old) because I LOVE the packaging with the seahorse! This makes me so happy and its something I hadn't even thought of!

HppyLittleNinja

EEEEEEE THIS MADE MY LIFE. (Yes, I have a boring life haha..just kidding...but THANK YOU! for this suggestion!)

I have a lip gloss from To the Beach which I love and use sparingly but I've been putting of finishing (even though that collection is very old) because I LOVE the packaging with the seahorse! This makes me so happy and its something I hadn't even thought of!
Your *reaction* made my day. lol.

Prettypackages

A few random updates..

Finished up my Hourglass primer recently and I surprised myself by not repurchasing it! I finally found a physical sunscreen I like for the face and it works well with my loose mineral foundation if I want some coverage. I'm hoping to start making some progress on my MAC Aphrodite's Shell bronzer this summer. I haven't been using it much during the winter but I'm excited to pull it out again for our trip down south.

What sunscreen did you find? I also want to check out the natural products you've found.
Quote: Originally Posted by kerry-jane88

I've had a good day today
smiles.gif

My mahoosive black box from Mac with my Mia moretti haul arrived.

I've kept the makeup bags, Maria moretti lipstick and summer wind ccb.

I sent back desert roadtrip ccb as it was way too golden, the tote bag as the width on it was too small and who's the dj? Lip palette as even though id have fun using it, I honestly wouldn't use it enough to justify owning it.

That's half of my haul returned
smiles.gif

So I got a bjork gig ticket for summer and I joined the gym today, better use of my money eh gals?
smiles.gif
Bjork ticket? Hecky yeah it's better. :)
How do you like the makeup bags?

kerry-jane88

[@]Prettypackages[/@] I like the MM makeup bags a lot :) I'm using the medium one as my actual makeup bag and I think The fact that it's kind of see through is helpful as I can get to what I want out of it quicker. The biggest bag will be my travel wash bag, but it's the smallest one I don't know what to do with really. It's too small to even be a makeup bag for just the essentials: like I can't fit my msfn powder in it, so for now I've just kept my concealers and foundation brush in it and kept it out on my desk so it looks pretty :)

veronikawithak

Quote: Originally Posted by treasuremymac

Thanks everyone!

I went through this last year. I set myself a crazy limit of 12 items for the entire year.. yeah, that didn't happen at ALL. I blew through it right away and then some.. I spent an obscene amount of money on makeup in 2014. I think my biggest problem honestly was that I wasn't ready to change. I set myself up to fail because I kept making excuses for myself and I wasn't realistic about how much of a shopping problem I had. Here are the three things I think made the biggest difference during the second half of the year:

- Gave myself a little tough love and confronted my shopping head on. Set a reasonable item limit based on a slow reduction from my current purchasing habits (at that time my limit was 5 items per month).
- WROTE DOWN EVERY. SINGLE. PURCHASE. + THE COST. This was huge. I set up an Excel table with a detailed inventory of my stash and the prices of everything. Every time I made a purchase, I added the item to my inventory and also to a separate sheet that totalled my spending for the month and a final total for the year. The visual impact of seeing how much you've spent on your stash for each purchase and also over time is striking.
- Avoided advertising. Cut back on YouTube hauls, unsubscribed from emails, deleted credit card information from websites, and most importantly - I stopped reading collection threads.

Once you break the habit, it gets so much easier to do something like a No Buy and not be tempted. This year, I've cut my spending by more than 90%! It can be done.. just stay focused on your goals and you will succeed!

Quote: Originally Posted by Prettypackages
What sunscreen did you find? I also want to check out the natural products you've found.
Bjork ticket? Hecky yeah it's better. :)
How do you like the makeup bags?

The brand is called Badger and I use their SPF 35 unscented version. Here's a link to its page on EWG: http://www.ewg.org/2014sunscreen/about-the-sunscreens/566249/Badger_Sport_Sunscreen_Cream%2C_Unscented%2C_SPF_35_/. The only ingredients are zinc oxide, plant oils, butters, beewax and Vitamin E which is nice. It blends into my skin much better than other natural formulas.

Keep in mind that with some of the natural makeup products like Red Apple Lipstick, they do have a sheerer formula than the mainstream brands. Also they don't really do formulas like matte lipsticks or intense eyeshadows well. Which works out well for me since I prefer sheer washes of color and lipsticks that are hydrating.

janette9687

woot! I havent been here in awhile but still doing good, only bought some replacement liners and mascara so far nothing else, oh i bought a LE Riri VG but thats it

today is a glorious day becuz I have finished a whole entire e/s and its wasnt even my first one lol

mac wedge loved it, gonna repurchase? no cuz I have so many other matte browns lol

Mayanas

First off: Yay you! :cheer: I think a 30-day challenge may help you. You may remember last year that I wore them exclusively for a month (Naked 2 for one month, Naked 1 for one month), and that helped me in that regard. That's something you could do. Wear them, and only them, exclusively for a time. If you fall back in love with one, keep it; if you don't, you can either sell it, give it away, or toss it.
You can set a monetary spending limit per month. You can set a total item limit (no more than X products per month, per year, and/or per MAC collection). You can unsubscribe from store or brand emails, to take the temptation away. You can restrict your makeup shopping to in store/at counters only, force yourself to swatch or test things in person. You can restrict your purchasing by product category/type (e.g., set a no-buy on product types that you need to use more but give yourself leeway on others).
Great ideas. Thanks

Prettypackages

I went through this last year. I set myself a crazy limit of 12 items for the entire year.. yeah, that didn't happen at ALL. I blew through it right away and then some.. I spent an obscene amount of money on makeup in 2014. I think my biggest problem honestly was that I wasn't ready to change. I set myself up to fail because I kept making excuses for myself and I wasn't realistic about how much of a shopping problem I had. Here are the three things I think made the biggest difference during the second half of the year:

- Gave myself a little tough love and confronted my shopping head on. Set a reasonable item limit based on a slow reduction from my current purchasing habits (at that time my limit was 5 items per month).
- WROTE DOWN EVERY. SINGLE. PURCHASE. + THE COST. This was huge. I set up an Excel table with a detailed inventory of my stash and the prices of everything. Every time I made a purchase, I added the item to my inventory and also to a separate sheet that totalled my spending for the month and a final total for the year. The visual impact of seeing how much you've spent on your stash for each purchase and also over time is striking.
- Avoided advertising. Cut back on YouTube hauls, unsubscribed from emails, deleted credit card information from websites, and most importantly - I stopped reading collection threads.

Once you break the habit, it gets so much easier to do something like a No Buy and not be tempted. This year, I've cut my spending by more than 90%! It can be done.. just stay focused on your goals and you will succeed!

The brand is called Badger and I use their SPF 35 unscented version. Here's a link to its page on EWG: http://www.ewg.org/2014sunscreen/about-the-sunscreens/566249/Badger_Sport_Sunscreen_Cream%2C_Unscented%2C_SPF_35_/. The only ingredients are zinc oxide, plant oils, butters, beewax and Vitamin E which is nice. It blends into my skin much better than other natural formulas.

Keep in mind that with some of the natural makeup products like Red Apple Lipstick, they do have a sheerer formula than the mainstream brands. Also they don't really do formulas like matte lipsticks or intense eyeshadows well. Which works out well for me since I prefer sheer washes of color and lipsticks that are hydrating.

thank you ladies!

DarylandCarole

I gave in, and I'm blaming Specktra. I missed out on the Laura Mercier Artist palette (the all eyeshadows one) and.... I gave in.  I swear I am really done now, though. XD 
I say the same thing every week and give into something new ...grr...why cant there just be ONE brand to buy from? So many pretty things! I ended up buying new facial cream with SPF today (in my defense the stuff I was using didnt have SPF and now that its spring I need something to protect my aging skin) Proud of myself for skipping Julie Petit (although I later bought a Boca for $32), Beauty is Now and Philip Treacy. I'm starting to worry about Giambattista Valli because all the items in that release look absolutely beautiful. Im a total sucker for packaging. So i ask myself...do i plan accordingly to give into this release or do i just forget it all together (and then somehow end up regretting it and buy it on ebay for more than i should? its a dilemma!) Ive seen some people comment that they are x number of days into their no buy plan but i feel as though i struggle when i have those type of restrictions. is there another method people find helpful to reducing spending on makeup? Maybe i can give myself a budget of $X a month in a cash envelope and say this is all i can spend but knowing me, Ill use my check card or paypal to pay for things. Plus shipping things online is sooo convenient since I dont shop for much of my makeup in stores in anymore. Any suggestions? Thanks everyone!
I'm not good at following a lot of rules or limitations, either. I've almost stopped buying eyeshadows altogether buy reminding myself of colors that I already have that are similar. In the past year I've only bought e/s from 2 collections using that method (1 collection was Alluring Aquatics which was quite different for me as I don't have many of the extra dimension shadows). Lipsticks are my weak spot, but still, I've been buying much less by reminding myself of the dupes I have. I also think "how often will I wear this? I think of others that I already have that I likely won't wear if I get the new one. Sometimes I think of other things I'd like or I need that I'd rather spend my money on. Hth

kerry-jane88

ok, my March round up *deep breath*

Senna lip liner in fresh - total guilt free purchase, as my iother senna lip liner is one of my faves and this shade fills a gap in my stash colour wise, plus it was £1.10!
Balance Me Tinted Lip salve - free with £2 glamour magazine but specifically bought for the freebie, it was mint though which i dislike so i gave it to my little sis.
Balance Me Radiance Mask - mag freebie, disliked so gave to sis.
Balance Me Face Wash - mag freebie, i needed a face wash as i'd run out of one for the shower.
Balance Me Body Wash - mag freebie, i also needed a non-sweet body wash.
Mac Cinderella Mystery Princess Beauty Powder - my one cinders purchase!
Lush Cosmetics Eau Roma Toner Water 100ml - free as i made an exchange, i fancied a rose water.
Lush Cosmetics Jungle Solid Conditioner Bar - free from exchange, i needed an alternative conditioner.
Lush Ultimate Shine Shampoo Bar - £1 excess to pay from exchange, i needed a clarifying shampoo and this one is really good :)
Mac Morange Lipstick - FREE B2M :)
Mac Media Lipstick - lemming after the Mia Moretti SXSW promotion.
Mac Tint Cream Color Base - additional MM lemming.
Lush Cosmetics BB Seaweed Mask - a good all rounder mask :)
Lush Cosmetics Mask of Magnaminty Self-Preserving - has become a hero product so i'm really glad i got this, plus my mum loves it too! :D
Mac Julia Petit Boca Lipstick - a wearable shade for me
Mac Julia Petit Linda Blush - a good addition to my blush collection as it's similar to ones i reach for often but more colourful and pretty than straight bronze :)
Mac Julia Petit Liquidlast Liner in Wet Road - my most frivolous mac purchase :/ though at least it wears well on me
Orly Taffy Nail Polish - impulse buy in the sale section of the wholesalers
Orly Coachella Dweller Nail Polish - ^ ditto :/
Haed Jog Detangling Brush - i needed a new brush as im not keen on my tangle teaser but sadly this one makes my hair a static mess :(
Rihanna Nude 30ml Gift Set - i've wanted this for ages so i caved
Dr Hauschka Revitalising Mask - staple repurchase, but i will be returning this as the one i was sent expires in DEC and that's not good enough for me, i'd rather have a fresher product that I dont have to panic about using up quickly, plus i think the last bit of the one im using up will last longer than i anticipated anyway.
Dr Hauschka Moisturising Day Cream - i hoped would be similar to my beloved Revitalising Mask by Dr H, i'll have to see.
Dr Hauschka Lip Balm Stick - staple repurchase.
Mac Maria Moretti Lipstick - no justification really, not as if i need another red! I do like it on me though.
Mac Summer Wind Cream Color Base - I like how it has a warmth to it, it suits my pale yellowy skin haha :)
Mac Desert Roadtrip Cream Color Base - returned as was too golden.
Mac Mia Moretti makeup bags - these are awesome.
Mac Mia Moretti Tote bag - returned as width was too small.
Mac Mia Moretti Who's the DJ? Lip Palette - returned as honestly, when was i going to use it?

where do we think i lost the plot there? :/
man i got so tired writing all of that out.
now to sit and think!

B

Buffy89

ok, my March round up *deep breath*

Senna lip liner in fresh - total guilt free purchase, as my iother senna lip liner is one of my faves and this shade fills a gap in my stash colour wise, plus it was £1.10!
Balance Me Tinted Lip salve - free with £2 glamour magazine but specifically bought for the freebie, it was mint though which i dislike so i gave it to my little sis.
Balance Me Radiance Mask - mag freebie, disliked so gave to sis.
Balance Me Face Wash - mag freebie, i needed a face wash as i'd run out of one for the shower.
Balance Me Body Wash - mag freebie, i also needed a non-sweet body wash.
Mac Cinderella Mystery Princess Beauty Powder - my one cinders purchase!
Lush Cosmetics Eau Roma Toner Water 100ml - free as i made an exchange, i fancied a rose water.
Lush Cosmetics Jungle Solid Conditioner Bar - free from exchange, i needed an alternative conditioner.
Lush Ultimate Shine Shampoo Bar - £1 excess to pay from exchange, i needed a clarifying shampoo and this one is really good :)
Mac Morange Lipstick - FREE B2M :)
Mac Media Lipstick - lemming after the Mia Moretti SXSW promotion.
Mac Tint Cream Color Base - additional MM lemming.
Lush Cosmetics BB Seaweed Mask - a good all rounder mask :)
Lush Cosmetics Mask of Magnaminty Self-Preserving - has become a hero product so i'm really glad i got this, plus my mum loves it too! :D
Mac Julia Petit Boca Lipstick - a wearable shade for me
Mac Julia Petit Linda Blush - a good addition to my blush collection as it's similar to ones i reach for often but more colourful and pretty than straight bronze :)
Mac Julia Petit Liquidlast Liner in Wet Road - my most frivolous mac purchase :/ though at least it wears well on me
Orly Taffy Nail Polish - impulse buy in the sale section of the wholesalers
Orly Coachella Dweller Nail Polish - ^ ditto :/
Haed Jog Detangling Brush - i needed a new brush as im not keen on my tangle teaser but sadly this one makes my hair a static mess :(
Rihanna Nude 30ml Gift Set - i've wanted this for ages so i caved
Dr Hauschka Revitalising Mask - staple repurchase, but i will be returning this as the one i was sent expires in DEC and that's not good enough for me, i'd rather have a fresher product that I dont have to panic about using up quickly, plus i think the last bit of the one im using up will last longer than i anticipated anyway.
Dr Hauschka Moisturising Day Cream - i hoped would be similar to my beloved Revitalising Mask by Dr H, i'll have to see.
Dr Hauschka Lip Balm Stick - staple repurchase.
Mac Maria Moretti Lipstick - no justification really, not as if i need another red! I do like it on me though.
Mac Summer Wind Cream Color Base - I like how it has a warmth to it, it suits my pale yellowy skin haha :)
Mac Desert Roadtrip Cream Color Base - returned as was too golden.
Mac Mia Moretti makeup bags - these are awesome.
Mac Mia Moretti Tote bag - returned as width was too small.
Mac Mia Moretti Who's the DJ? Lip Palette - returned as honestly, when was i going to use it?

where do we think i lost the plot there? :/
man i got so tired writing all of that out.
now to sit and think!
Ohhh, that's quite a list at a first glance, but crossing out your skincare staples like the Dr Hauschka and Lush things, I guess I didn't do any better last month (eight makeup items in March). Enjoy your new products! I'm also impressed that you're returning quite a lot of items. Returning makeup isn't really something customers over here do, they rather keep everything to let it sit in the drawers and collect dust
sigh.gif
I only once returned a lipgloss (Mac Sheen Supreme gloss) in store because I was super disappointed because of the product's sheerness. Well, one can always return things in case of allergies and stuff, and one can return online purchases within limited time, too, but to be honest, in the past I've kinda been to lazy to make my way to the post office etc. So now it's too late for me...looking at the super generous return policy in the U.S. (don't know much about how it is in the UK), well I'd return stuff for hundreds of euros now if I only could...all those LE items ordered in a rush during stalking sessions - of course, many of them aren't perfect for me. But of course, now I only buy things I love, so no need to return anything, lol
angelic.gif

I'm already planning my "wish list"/limit of items to be purchased for the next months. For April, I don't really have anything on my list. I might need to repurchase my cleansing oil or powder, but that's it. In case I don't spend as much money on things like coffee and takeaway food, I might invest in a nice Mac eye brush (mine are all Zoeva, of which some are nice, but some older ones aren't, except for the 266 liner brush by Mac). I'm super interested in the new Rouge Cocos, but I hope I can resist. May is gonna be tougher, I guess, with all those nice Mac collections arriving. But I'm already talking myself out of certain products, for example Hipness blush - I'd probably not buy it if it was a product from the regular range since I don't really wear corals often. I already own more than twenty blushes which will probably turn into dry, chalky hockey pucks before I can finish them. And I don't need every freaking blush under the sun! Written down, this makes so much sense to me, but there are weak moments in which I just wanna buy that blush in spite of all those reasons against it. Can anybody relate?
sigh.gif
I hope I'll get better at not giving in to those impulses, or even stop having those cravings at all. I got more than a month to go before I'll be put to the test, so I've got plenty of time to practice!
cheerleader.gif