Resolution "LOW-BUY" 2015

shellygrrl

Staff member
Talking of FOTD... * Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer * NARS Sheer Glow - Siberia * MAC Studio Sculpt Concealer - NW15 * OCC Skin Conceal - Y1 * Rimmel Stay Matte Powder - Transparent * Anastasia Brow Powder Duo - Ash Brown * NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base * MAC Pigment - Naked (I started with Blue Brown over a black khol pencil as a base, but decided against it) * MAC Eyeshadows - Omega (crease) and Mystery (lashlines) * Bare Minerals Flawless Definition Mascara - Black * MAC Blushes - Next to Skin (initial contour), Taupe (contour deepening), Pink Cult (cheeks) * Maybelline Color Sensational Vivids - Shocking Coral * NYX MegaShine Lip Gloss - Nude Pink

B

Buffy89

Yesterday's FOTD (1st one ever posted): - Mac Studio Sculpt Foundation NC15, Select Moisturecover Concealer NW15, Pro Longwear Concealer NC15, Blot Powder Light - Mac eyeshadow Shroom as cheek highlight, Crew Highlight Powder used a blusher - Mac Fluidline for brows in Ash Blonde - UDPP Eden - Mac Sea Worship (lid), Brun, Smut (crease) eyeshadows and UD Foxy as brow highlight - Mac Fluidline Siahi - Benefit They're Real Mascara - Nuxe Lipbalm (went to the counter in the morning to try and purchase Nippon lipstick)

B

Buffy89

FOTD: - Mac Studio Sculpt Foundation NC15; Pro Longwear Concealer NC15; Moisturecover Concealer NW15; Blot Powder Light - Animal Instincts Blush, Shroom eyeshadow as cheek highlight - Omega eyeshadow as brow powder - UDPP - Pearlfusion palette in Peachluxe (all shades) - Midnight Snack Fluidline - Benefit They're Real mascara - Mac Siren Song lipstick

shellygrrl

Staff member
Made a Sephora order on Monday; it arrived today. I replenished my usual nighttime cleanser as I'm starting to run low (Nude Perfect Cleanse Omega Cleansing Jelly), and I welcomed a new foundation into my rotation: MUFE Ultra HD! I also claimed the NARS BI/VIB birthday perk for this year (two mini lip pencils: Velvet Matte in Cruella and Satin in Rikugien). I've got nothing quite like Rikugien in my stash, colour-wise, and I can try out NARS' matte formula. :nods:

DMcG9

Made a Sephora order on Monday; it arrived today. I replenished my usual nighttime cleanser as I'm starting to run low (Nude Perfect Cleanse Omega Cleansing Jelly), and I welcomed a new foundation into my rotation: MUFE Ultra HD! I also claimed the NARS BI/VIB birthday perk for this year (two mini lip pencils: Velvet Matte in Cruella and Satin in Rikugien). I've got nothing quite like Rikugien in my stash, colour-wise, and I can try out NARS' matte formula.
yes.gif
I love Rikugien... such a pretty everyday colour
smiles.gif

shellygrrl

Staff member
And I wore it yesterday! :) On me, it's very close to MLBB territory. * Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer * MUFE Ultra HD - mix of Y205 and Y225 * MAC Studio Sculpt Concealer - NW15 * OCC Skin Conceal - Y1 * Rimmel Stay Matte Powder - Transparent * Anastasia Brow Powder Duo - Ash Brown * NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base * Victoria's Secret eyeshadow - Bunny * MUFE Smoky Extravagant Mascara - Black * MAC Blush - Next to Skin (contour) * The Body Shop Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder - 02 * NARS Satin Lip Pencil - Rikugien So I've had a few looks with MUFE Smoky Extravagant (mini version I got with points from Sephora). I like the blackness of it, the formula is a touch wetter than I prefer, and I'm a bit "meh" on the wand (it's the same size of conical wand as Prestige Total Intensity Mascara and LORAC Pro Mascara). I don't think I'd shell out the money for the full size. I wonder if I'd like Smoky Lash better? (Edited to add my Sunday FOTD...) * It Cosmetics YSBB CC Cream - Fair * MAC Studio Sculpt Concealer - NW15 * Anastasia Brow Powder Duo - Ash Brown * NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base * MAC Pigment - Teal * MAC Eyeshadow - Copperplate * Prestige True Khol Kajal - Matte Black * Bare Minerals Flawless Definition Mascara - Black * The Body Shop Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder - 02 * NARS Satin Lip Pencil - Rikugien

shellygrrl

Staff member
Birthday FOTD... * Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer * MUFE Ultra HD Foundation - Y205 * OCC Creme Colour Concentrate - John Doe (to contour under foundation) * MAC Studio Sculpt Concealer - NW15 * OCC Skin Conceal - Y1 (mixed with above concealer) * Anastasia Brow Powder Duo - Ash Brown * hairspray on a spoolie * NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base * MAC Paint Pot - Tailor Grey * MAC Eyeshadows - Omega (crease and above), Mystery (outer corner) * UD Naked 2 Palette - Suspect (inner and outer thirds, inner and outer lower lashine), Verve (centre of lid and middle of lower lashline), Bootycall (face highlight) * MUFE Smoky Extravagant Mascara (applied with disposable spoolie) * MAC Blush - Next to Skin (to intensify contouring) * The Body Shop Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder - 02 * NARS Blushes - mix of Sex Appeal and Sex Fantasy * Prestige Waterproof Lip Liner - Andorra * NARS Satin Lip Pencil - Rikugien * MAC Lipstick - Feed the Senses (centre of lips for a little somethin') (All used in my new avvie.)

jennyap

Birthday FOTD... * Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer * MUFE Ultra HD Foundation - Y205 * OCC Creme Colour Concentrate - John Doe (to contour under foundation) * MAC Studio Sculpt Concealer - NW15 * OCC Skin Conceal - Y1 (mixed with above concealer) * Anastasia Brow Powder Duo - Ash Brown * hairspray on a spoolie * NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base * MAC Paint Pot - Tailor Grey * MAC Eyeshadows - Omega (crease and above), Mystery (outer corner) * UD Naked 2 Palette - Suspect (inner and outer thirds, inner and outer lower lashine), Verve (centre of lid and middle of lower lashline), Bootycall (face highlight) * MUFE Smoky Extravagant Mascara (applied with disposable spoolie) * MAC Blush - Next to Skin (to intensify contouring) * The Body Shop Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder - 02 * NARS Blushes - mix of Sex Appeal and Sex Fantasy * NARS Satin Lip Pencil - Rikugien * MAC Lipstick - Feed the Senses (centre of lips for a little somethin') (All used in my new avvie.)
:birthday: :pompom: :heart:

B

Buffy89

First of all, happy belated birthday @shellygrrl !!!
flower.gif
I'm sure you had a wonderful day! How's everyone else?
Haven't posted in this thread a lot lately. I do post in other threads on my phone when I'm having a coffee break or when I'm on the bus (i.e. give thanks or post some short comments), but I like to sit down at my computer and take some time to write longer texts for this thread. During the last week, I KonMari-ed my clothes, shoes and part of my makeup and now I'm quite exhausted, but super happy!!! I purged A LOT of clothes, most of them didn't fit properly and I had kept them "in case I lose weight" (which never happened). So I got rid of about 30% of my T-shirts, tops, sweaters, several jackets and dresses, etc. I also tackled my "collection" of shoes and bags which has been growing for...the last ten years, just because I never properly purged them. So now, I've gotten rid of more than half of my handbags and shoes. Let's not mention the silly amount of fashion jewelry from 2006 I still had in some boxes (from my emo teenage years...nope, I won't wear those guitar shaped earrings any more, lol). At first, making decisions was a bit tough, but soon, it was surprizingly easy and I really just followed the feelings I had holding/trying each item. I'm quite surpized of myself how bravely I managed to pull it through!
cheerleader.gif
I've already booked a stand at a women's flea market for late September, so for now I need to store everything (I'm lucky to have enough space for this), but I'm really looking foward to really getting rid of everything. I'll see how lucky I'll be selling, otherwise at least I'll know that I've tried; the rest will be donated to the charity shop.
Now, I can finally recognize what my style is like and what kinds of clothes suit me well because I've only kept my favorite things. The number of them is still far away from a capsule wardrobe concept, but I lovelovelove to open my closet and to see my clothes not pushed in tightly, but they got some "air to breathe". I've always been a neat person so my closet and drawers have never been messy, but everything had been stuffed in because of the amount of stuff. So I really hope (and know) that this will influence my shopping behavior for the future.

Makeup wise, I did okay this month. I ordered Mac Pillow Talk lipstick already at the end of July, and I picked up Whirl and Nippon lipstick which finally are available here. Ok, I don't really need more lipsticks
sigh.gif
But I got rid of some more brights I never used (my stash is about 2/3 of its original size now) and I wanna stick to nudes and neutrals for the future, so I've already worn them often. I also broke my nail polish no-buy which had been existent since October, so my success is not quite great...BUT it was a 1.50€-"dupe" for a Chanel polish (Terrana) I had been coveting for months. I came to the conclusion that any shimmery brown polish would make me as happy as the pricey Chanel one, and I'm really amazed by the formula so I've applied it twice in the two weeks I own it (the polish is by Essence and seemingly, they've improved their formula some time ago). Brands like Essie or OPI, or even more expensive ones like Chanel still don't really evoke my attention, which I'm really happy about. I'm really ok with having colors similar to hyped original polishes, especially because Chanel doesn't perform quite well on my nails. So at least my polish addiction has been cured, I think, even though I've slipped (but lippies are my soft spot...).
I also had to repurchase my regular face cream (Roche Posay Effaclar Duo) and decided to give Avene Triacneal a try as a night cream. I think my skin has improved because of it and I'm happy I bought it. I also had to repurchase my powder and cleansing oil, so unfortunately I spent a lot of money on necessities this month (no "fun" shopping in comparison to the lipsticks). All in all, I'm quite satisfied about my low buy, but of course there's always room for improvement.
I'll go on a mini holiday to Paris in two weeks, and of course, I'd like to do some shopping there. I think I will behave, lol, but if not on holiday, when else can I treat myself, huh? But I'll make a list of stores and brands that aren't available here for some rather special items (like &other stories, Monki, Nafnaf, New Look...and 1 or 2 Nars items) instead of heading towards H&M and similar average stores I can always visit.

VAL4M

I've been looking at my beauty purchase so far this year, I did behave makeup up wise my sephora and Hautelook account says I spend 573.70$ (combined taxes not included) and my limite of 100$ per months was kind of meet as far as makeup is concerned..... but not for perfume I think I spend 600$ on perfume so far that need to stop, but I see so many great deal on Ebay damn it!!
Anyway I just spend 56$ for Chanel fall collection because I used all my optimum point at Mural so i'm really happy. the only thing i'm looking forward to is Guerlain Fall- holiday collection, I guess it will be my birthday gift from me to me (I'm a great gifter hehehehe)
hope every one is doing well.

veronikawithak

@Buffy89, awesome job with the KonMari process! Sounds like you made a ton of progress!!
cheerleader.gif
It does get easier as you go, doesn't it? You should be super proud of yourself!

I haven't purchased any cosmetics in almost 2 months, and the last thing I did purchase I actually tossed anyway because I didn't like the applicator. I was so excited today when I received an email from Sephora telling me not to let my VIB benefits "slip away" and spend $X to renew it.. no thank you. :) I'm quite happy not even reaching VIB status yet, let alone VIB Rouge like last year. I also haven't purchased anything from MAC since December.

To get myself to use things more, I took a small cosmetic bag with a blush, mascara, and a variety of lipsticks with me to work. I keep it in my desk and apply in the morning when I get there. Otherwise, I feel like I don't want to bother. I also threw away the box for my Bite lipgloss set and just tossed them in the bag.. I found that keeping the box around made it feel more like a collection and less like something usable which is what I don't want. It's working so well! The one thing I need to do is work my way through a bunch of samples I got a while back.. with the move they've just kind of sat there.

Since I last posted a few weeks ago, I did purchase a new purse and wallet (I only owned one of each). I also bought a new pencil skirt to add to my work capsule wardrobe (total: 3). At work I wear fitted long sleeve shirts either with pants or tucked into a pencil skirt. I have patterned tops that I wear with solid colored bottoms, or solid tops that I wear with patterned bottoms. Simple, easy, and it always looks put together. Shopping for work clothes is a breeze, since I'm limited to one brand and style and I know my size. When new things come out in those defined categories and I really love them, I just add them into the rotation. Since I've settled into a full time job and only wear casual clothes twice a week now, I was able to pare down that section of my wardrobe. Still struggling with letting go of some things that I know I should, but every once in a while I pull something out to donate.

Most of my other spending has been on a few things we still needed for the apartment, consumables and social activities, and the occasional book or small item.

The one category of personal items that I haven't been trying to be a minimalist about is my BPAL perfume oils. They're the only things I have that resemble a collection. I placed a decent sized order a little while ago, after several months of a break, including some full sizes of samples I loved, and some things from their newly resurrected Carnaval collection. I usually plan for a bit of a splurge when larger releases like this and their seasonal releases come out, so it wasn't an impulse purchase by any means. Sometimes it's nice to have one thing that you treat yourself to though, guilt-free. :)

shellygrrl

Staff member
Belatedly, my Sunday FOTD. I didn't post it straight away because I didn't want to have three posts in a row on this thread. :shock: That would have been weird for me. * Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer * MUFE Ultra HD - Y205 Alabaster * MAC Studio Sculpt Concealer - NW15 * Rimmel Stay Matte Powder - Transparent * Anastasia Brow Powder Duo - Ash Brown * NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base * MAC Eyeshadow - Malt (transition) * Makeup Geek Eyeshadows - Unexpected (crease), Moondust (lid) * Sephora Waterproof eyeliner pencil - 5th Avenue * Bare Minerals Flawless Definition Mascara - Black * The Body Shop Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder - 02 * NYX MegaShine Lip Gloss - Nude Pink (Edited because I'd mentally mixed up where Moondust and Prom Night were in my palette where I keep my Makeup Geek shadows. So I thought I'd worn Prom Night when I actually had on Moondust. Oops! The combo still kinda worked, though.)

CrimsonQuill157

First of all, happy belated birthday @shellygrrl !!!
flower.gif
I'm sure you had a wonderful day! How's everyone else?
Haven't posted in this thread a lot lately. I do post in other threads on my phone when I'm having a coffee break or when I'm on the bus (i.e. give thanks or post some short comments), but I like to sit down at my computer and take some time to write longer texts for this thread. During the last week, I KonMari-ed my clothes, shoes and part of my makeup and now I'm quite exhausted, but super happy!!! I purged A LOT of clothes, most of them didn't fit properly and I had kept them "in case I lose weight" (which never happened). So I got rid of about 30% of my T-shirts, tops, sweaters, several jackets and dresses, etc. I also tackled my "collection" of shoes and bags which has been growing for...the last ten years, just because I never properly purged them. So now, I've gotten rid of more than half of my handbags and shoes. Let's not mention the silly amount of fashion jewelry from 2006 I still had in some boxes (from my emo teenage years...nope, I won't wear those guitar shaped earrings any more, lol). At first, making decisions was a bit tough, but soon, it was surprizingly easy and I really just followed the feelings I had holding/trying each item. I'm quite surpized of myself how bravely I managed to pull it through!
cheerleader.gif
I've already booked a stand at a women's flea market for late September, so for now I need to store everything (I'm lucky to have enough space for this), but I'm really looking foward to really getting rid of everything. I'll see how lucky I'll be selling, otherwise at least I'll know that I've tried; the rest will be donated to the charity shop.
Now, I can finally recognize what my style is like and what kinds of clothes suit me well because I've only kept my favorite things. The number of them is still far away from a capsule wardrobe concept, but I lovelovelove to open my closet and to see my clothes not pushed in tightly, but they got some "air to breathe". I've always been a neat person so my closet and drawers have never been messy, but everything had been stuffed in because of the amount of stuff. So I really hope (and know) that this will influence my shopping behavior for the future.

Makeup wise, I did okay this month. I ordered Mac Pillow Talk lipstick already at the end of July, and I picked up Whirl and Nippon lipstick which finally are available here. Ok, I don't really need more lipsticks
sigh.gif
But I got rid of some more brights I never used (my stash is about 2/3 of its original size now) and I wanna stick to nudes and neutrals for the future, so I've already worn them often. I also broke my nail polish no-buy which had been existent since October, so my success is not quite great...BUT it was a 1.50€-"dupe" for a Chanel polish (Terrana) I had been coveting for months. I came to the conclusion that any shimmery brown polish would make me as happy as the pricey Chanel one, and I'm really amazed by the formula so I've applied it twice in the two weeks I own it (the polish is by Essence and seemingly, they've improved their formula some time ago). Brands like Essie or OPI, or even more expensive ones like Chanel still don't really evoke my attention, which I'm really happy about. I'm really ok with having colors similar to hyped original polishes, especially because Chanel doesn't perform quite well on my nails. So at least my polish addiction has been cured, I think, even though I've slipped (but lippies are my soft spot...).
I also had to repurchase my regular face cream (Roche Posay Effaclar Duo) and decided to give Avene Triacneal a try as a night cream. I think my skin has improved because of it and I'm happy I bought it. I also had to repurchase my powder and cleansing oil, so unfortunately I spent a lot of money on necessities this month (no "fun" shopping in comparison to the lipsticks). All in all, I'm quite satisfied about my low buy, but of course there's always room for improvement.
I'll go on a mini holiday to Paris in two weeks, and of course, I'd like to do some shopping there. I think I will behave, lol, but if not on holiday, when else can I treat myself, huh? But I'll make a list of stores and brands that aren't available here for some rather special items (like &other stories, Monki, Nafnaf, New Look...and 1 or 2 Nars items) instead of heading towards H&M and similar average stores I can always visit.
I've been considering trying the KonMari method and I think you just convinced me to buy the book. I seriously need to do a clothes purge.

B

Buffy89

I've been considering trying the KonMari method and I think you just convinced me to buy the book. I seriously need to do a clothes purge.
That's great, go for it
cheerleader.gif
Getting dressed in the morning is soooo easy and refreshing now. I even open my closet several times a day and admire how great my curated wardrobe is now...yep, that's kinda dorky and embarassing, but I'm so happy about everything
heart.gif
And I didn't even follow her advice in detail, I just picked out the points that seemed relevant to me or altered her suggestions a little. For example, I still need to declutter my ******* supplies, bathroom stuff like towels, etc., and I don't agree with her on decluttering documents, but my wardrobe was my main priority/problem and the KonMari method is perfect for this.

shellygrrl

Staff member
Did some purging last night. I tossed a few single eyeshadows, a blush, one of my piggies, two lipliners, an eyeliner, several brushes, a paint pot, and an eyeshadow palette. I also noticed, as I was going through my stash, that I saw a teeny-tiny amount of pan in my NARS Sex Appeal blush. A very miniscule sliver of pan, but very exciting to see.

shellygrrl

Staff member
Yesterday's FOTD... * Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer * MUFE Ultra HD Foundation - Y205 * MAC Studio Sculpt Concealer - NW15 * OCC Skin Conceal - Y1 * Rimmel Stay Matte Powder - Transparent * Anastasia Brow Powder Duo - Ash Brown * NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base * MAC Paint Pot - Painterly (as eyeshadow base and undereye corrector pre-foundation) * Victoria's Secret eyeshadow - Bunny * MAC Eyeshadow - Copperplate * Makeup Geek Eyeshadow - Rockstar * Bare Minerals Flawless Definition Mascara - Black * MAC Blush - mix of Next to Skin and Taupe (contour) * The Body Shop Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder - 02 * Prestige Waterproof Lip Liner - Andorra * NYX Slim Lip Pencil - Pale Pink * NARS Satin Lip Pencil - Rikugien

Audrey C

I also noticed, as I was going through my stash, that I saw a teeny-tiny amount of pan in my NARS Sex Appeal blush. A very miniscule sliver of pan, but very exciting to see.
NARS are the only blush I've finished since replacing all my makeup and building a ridiculous stash starting in 2012. I've finished one Douceur and have hit serious pan on Deep Throat.

I'm just back from a family vacation in Australia/New Zealand. I didn't buy any makeup items there (didn't even look) but I did splurge on a few sports bras by a local brand. I'm definitely cured. I'll renew VIB but won't come anywhere near Rouge this year. Thankfully. I have enough empty MAC containers for 2 BTMs, but there's just nothing I want. The last thing I need is another lipstick or eyeshadow.

Audrey C

I usually give them to one of my daughters, but they both have plenty of lipstick on the go. Maybe my older daughter will eventually use them for a couple of eyeshadows. MAC are her favourite.