Resolution LOW-BUY 2016

fur4elise

Swinging in to say Hiiiyeeeeee! :D Hope y'all had a great weekend!

All is good in beauty land. Busy at work. My last makeup purchase was Sept 28. I bought a Selena x MAC eye shadow and lipstick and that is it.
No other purchases made.

And this even though I stopped by the SiJCP on Saturday. I got to visit my favorite MUA...who turns out is leaving.
:tear:
But I am very happy for her! She is returning to her career in furniture design. She is such a sweetie! Funny enough I told her I was being good until the VIB sale. She in turn gave me a F&F card for the sale that starts Oct 23. So as I said in the Sephora thread if you are friendly with any of your MUAs in Sephora (and/or did not get your name/email in) you should inquire. I swatched some NARS & MUFE lippies that are on my must/lust list and have been able to narrow down to just one color each. ;)

I have not been able to find a new scent in years. I tried the E&J Black earlier this year and it really is not to my liking. I discovered My Burberry Black a few weeks ago and finally got to spritz some on. It was between that and the E&J Bourbon and I prefer the Burberry. I think it is the perfect fall/winter scent...the kind that stays in your sweaters and scarves. I have decided I really like it, so that is on my wish list.

Speaking of which I finally got to switching over my closets from S/S to F/W. I love fall fashion the most!

I am resisting all the ABH hype hardcore...No no no! No more eye shadow palettes!

And that's all she wrote. Just keeping an eye on all the holiday madness being released. Really keeping my wish list clipped down to really unique things and things I know I will wear...as opposed to FOMO stuff.

Have a great week! x0x0x

Alysse011

Swinging in to say Hiiiyeeeeee! :D Hope y'all had a great weekend!

All is good in beauty land. Busy at work. My last makeup purchase was Sept 28. I bought a Selena x MAC eye shadow and lipstick and that is it.
No other purchases made.

And this even though I stopped by the SiJCP on Saturday. I got to visit my favorite MUA...who turns out is leaving.
:tear:
But I am very happy for her! She is returning to her career in furniture design. She is such a sweetie! Funny enough I told her I was being good until the VIB sale. She in turn gave me a F&F card for the sale that starts Oct 23. So as I said in the Sephora thread if you are friendly with any of your MUAs in Sephora (and/or did not get your name/email in) you should inquire. I swatched some NARS & MUFE lippies that are on my must/lust list and have been able to narrow down to just one color each. ;)

I have not been able to find a new scent in years. I tried the E&J Black earlier this year and it really is not to my liking. I discovered My Burberry Black a few weeks ago and finally got to spritz some on. It was between that and the E&J Bourbon and I prefer the Burberry. I think it is the perfect fall/winter scent...the kind that stays in your sweaters and scarves. I have decided I really like it, so that is on my wish list.

Speaking of which I finally got to switching over my closets from S/S to F/W. I love fall fashion the most!

I am resisting all the ABH hype hardcore...No no no! No more eye shadow palettes!

And that's all she wrote. Just keeping an eye on all the holiday madness being released. Really keeping my wish list clipped down to really unique things and things I know I will wear...as opposed to FOMO stuff.

Have a great week! x0x0x

Thats great that the SA gave you a code! I tried for a code on someone's Instagram, so we will see. I really only stick to a couple perfumes. I'm pretty finicky too. I smelt the new Louboutin scents and all three smell really good. I want one, but not any time soon. They're pretty spendy (as you might expect).

So, I see you gave in to the ABH hype lol. It's such a good palette though! I think you'll find a lot of use for it.

Alysse011

I cut down my Sephora wish list for the sale. It only includes one set (L'Occitane), and the rest are pretty boring staples. I was going to let myself get a MJ Airblush, but I don't need it. I also thought of getting the Viseart Minx palette, but I don't need that either. I'm considering getting a toner, but I don't know if that's an unnecessary step. I have never used a toner...but what if I'm missing out on a critical piece? Or what if I really don't need it? I'm divided here. Does anyone have a strong opinion on toners??

Here's my Saturday night face:
-Becca Pearl liquid shimmering skin perfector as a "primer"
-mix of Koh Gen Do Moisture and KGD Aqua Illuminator
-By Terry concealer
-Anastasia pomade in taupe
-UD primer potion
-Tom Ford Golden Peach cream and powder eyeshadow duo
-MAC Swiss Chocolate in the crease and lower lashline
-Bobbi Brown Chocolate Shimmer Ink gel liner
-Armani Eccentrico mascara
-Chanel Soleil Tan bronzer
-Kevyn Aucoin cream blush in a peach shade
-Artist Couture highlighter in Illuminati
-Tom Ford Hudson lipstick

shellygrrl

Staff member
I cut down my Sephora wish list for the sale. It only includes one set (L'Occitane), and the rest are pretty boring staples. I was going to let myself get a MJ Airblush, but I don't need it. I also thought of getting the Viseart Minx palette, but I don't need that either. I'm considering getting a toner, but I don't know if that's an unnecessary step. I have never used a toner...but what if I'm missing out on a critical piece? Or what if I really don't need it? I'm divided here. Does anyone have a strong opinion on toners??

There's a more dedicated thread on toners in Skin and Bodycare if you want to check that out. :)

Anyhoo, FOTD...

* MUFE Step 1 - mix of Mattifying and Smoothing Primers (across the nose, where I'm most porous)
* MUFE Ultra HD - Y205
* MAC Studio Sculpt Concealer - NW15
* Kevyn Aucoin SSE - SX01
* Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder
* Cinema Secrets Ultralucent Setting Powder - Colorless
* Hourglass Arch Sculpting Brow Pencil - Ash
* NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base
* MAC Eyeshadow - Omega
* UD Eyeshadow - Suspect (from Naked 2 Palette)
* MAC Pro Beyond Twisted Lash
* MAC Blush - Next to Skin
* NARS Blush - Sex Fantasy
* MAC Lipstick - Up the Amp

fur4elise

Thats great that the SA gave you a code! I tried for a code on someone's Instagram, so we will see. I really only stick to a couple perfumes. I'm pretty finicky too. I smelt the new Louboutin scents and all three smell really good. I want one, but not any time soon. They're pretty spendy (as you might expect).

So, I see you gave in to the ABH hype lol. It's such a good palette though! I think you'll find a lot of use for it.
:blush: :hide: I absolutely did...LOL!

And I'm pretty excited about it! ;) I am NOT going to get the new UD Full Spectrum as I pulled out my Electric, Spectrum and the KVD Metal Matte! I have ALL the colors I need! I am still going to splurge on the TF Honeymoon quad! And that is it. I think I have a pretty well rounded selection of eye stuffs I can play with now.

The only other purchase I made was a LE Sonia Kushak Brush set & matching cup on clearance from Target. I just love the decorative wooden handles and it was a great bargain. I have not used the brushes yet but can say the larger domed brushes feel softer to the touch.
SK_Brush_Cup.jpg

As we head into the F&F/VIB sales my list keeps shifting and changing. Essentially I am editing down so I don't overdue it! I see myself honing in on those special LE items. It feels good to keep the list clipped...than I might appreciate what I do purchase a whole lot more!

Have a happy week ladies! See ya around the threads! :D

shellygrrl

Staff member
Yesterday's FOTD...

* MUFE Step 1 - Smoothing Primer
* MUFE Step 1 - Mattifying Primer
* MUFE Ultra HD - Y205 + MAC Strobe Cream
* Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil - Ash
* MAC Paint Pot - Nice Composure
* MAC Eyeshadow - Copperplate
* MAC Pro Beyond Twisted Lash
* The Body Shop Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder - 02 Fair
* MAC Lipstick - Feed the Senses

shellygrrl

Staff member
Sunday's FOTD...

* MUFE Step 1 - Smoothing Primer (across nose)
* MUFE Ultra HD - Y205 (mostly in the centre of my face only, but a little bit on the chin as well)
* Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Powder - Ash
* MAC Eyeshadow - Satin Taupe
* mix of MAC Eyeshadow - Copperplate + Makeup Geek Eyeshadow - Unexpected
* MAC Pro Beyond Twisted Lash Mascara
* MAC Blush - Taupe (as a bronzer)
* NARS Blush - Sex Appeal
* MAC Lipstick - Blankety

shellygrrl

Staff member
FOTD...

* MUFE Step 1 - Mattifying Primer (nose only)
* MUFE Step 1 - Smoothing Primer (across porous areas)
* MUFE Ultra HD - Y205
* Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpt Pencil - Ash
* Victoria's Secret eyeshadow - Bunny (all over base)
* MAC Eyeshadow - Omega (transition)
* Makeup Geek Eyeshadow - Hipster
* Urban Decay Eyeshadows - Suspect (lid) and Snakebite (lower lashline)

I think I'm very close to finished with my MUFE foundation!

Alysse011

FOTD...

* MUFE Step 1 - Mattifying Primer (nose only)
* MUFE Step 1 - Smoothing Primer (across porous areas)
* MUFE Ultra HD - Y205
* Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpt Pencil - Ash
* Victoria's Secret eyeshadow - Bunny (all over base)
* MAC Eyeshadow - Omega (transition)
* Makeup Geek Eyeshadow - Hipster
* Urban Decay Eyeshadows - Suspect (lid) and Snakebite (lower lashline)

I think I'm very close to finished with my MUFE foundation!

That's great! Do you think you will repurchase, or is it time for a change?

shellygrrl

Staff member
I'm going to try the ABH stick foundation next. I also have my eye on Makeup Atelier's liquid foundation, but it's currently out of stock. I like Ultra HD, and I may repurchase down the road, but I want to try some others first.

pandorablack

Ok I so I have been a really good panda. I didn't buy any makeup cosmetics skincare haircare NOTHING for eight months! I didn't even get my hair done and pretended my grown out roots were an brown to blonde ombre when really it was just blonde hair with dark brown roots lol.

And then I got my hair done, and my hairdresser suggested buying a dry shampoo since I went red and shouldn't shampoo too often so as not to fade the color quickly. And well, that started an avalanche of ordering drybar hair products from Sephora :blush:

On the upside, I am about to make VIBR again. I'm probably going to just buckle down and do it, since I'm really close and I like the perks. Plus it's an excuse to buy the drybar flat iron (which is really made by bio ionic, but anyway).

But I am still low buy with makeup. I had to cut myself off. I had more than I could actually store. I cleaned out my stash, gave a lot to my daughters who are getting to be just about old enough to wear makeup.

shellygrrl

Staff member
A very no-makeup makeup(ish) FOTD...

* MUFE Ultra HD - Y205 (still have some, apparently!)
* Victoria's Secret eyeshadow - Bunny
* The Body Shop Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder - 02
* NARS Satin Lip Pencil - Rikugien

I also placed a Sephora order during the VIB Sale.

fur4elise

:hide:Back on the bandwagon...since the VIBR Sephora sale! My wallet has been on lock-down! :lockd:

Actually, I did very well with the sale and stayed way under what I thought I was going to spend.
I even returned an e/s palette I should not have purchased in the first place! BUT I did re-purchase the ABH MR palette I originally returned.
However I love it and it is in heavy rotation! My other purchases were some LE lip products from Dior & NARS. #teamred

We booked our vacation January 1st - 11th! Wooooo Hoooo! So I am officially broke, but very happy.
Hubby and I do not eat out a lot, nor get away any other time during the year due to our work schedules. So vacation is a big deal!

I do not really have anything on my radar for makeup/beauty purchases now.
Maybe a concealer...maybe the Guerlain #5 4 Seasons Terracotta (which I can buy a lot cheaper from beautytheshop).
I purchased the #3 and it is lovely, but I would also like a darker cross section of powder for contouring.
The last hold out is my long lusted after TF Honeymoon palette. I am waiting for a coupon code to splurge on that.
So my lust/must list is quite empty at the moment...

In other news...in part for early Christmas hubby is going to buy me a really nice set of dressers for my studio/office/closet space. So, I will be doing a ton of de-krappifying...again...mostly clothing this time., between the holidays and before our vacation. My room is such a disaster area with my open IKEA basket system. Waaaay overdue to be replaced. Yup, this Virgo loves getting organized!

And that is all she wrote...Happy Thursday...soon to be weekend! :D

ETA - Friday 11/18 ~
Orleans_Lingerie.jpg
Orleans_10Drawer_Dresser.jpg
:yess:I am so excited! :twirl:
We were able to order my set 25% (Pre-Black Friday sale!) It arrives next Wednesday. I ended up ordering 2 of the 10 drawer dressers. One of which will have a mirror and house pretty much all my makeup. I definitely need to purchase some storage containers to go inside of the drawers. I will also have a much larger surface area so I can keep items I use regularly in sight and handy. Maybe even a super pretty display of some sort for my lippie treasures. So serious dekraapification is already underway and will take me all weekend to complete! Lots of garbage & donation bags by Monday!
:thumbsup:

Last edited:

shellygrrl

Staff member
Yay Elise! :rocker:

FOTD, featuring three new products purchased during Sephora's VIB sale...

* MUFE Step 1 - Mattifying Primer (across nose)
* MUFE Step 1 - Smoothing Primer (across nose and porous areas)
* MUFE Step 1 - Hydrating Primer (in between the brows)
* Anastasia Stick Foundation - Porcelain
* Makeup Geek Eyeshadow - Moondust (lid to brow)
* Victoria's Secret eyeshadow - Bunny (to blend out harsh lines)
* MAC Eyeshadow - Typographic (upper lashline and halfway across lower lashline)
* Smashbox Indecent Exposure Mascara
* MAC Blush - Next to Skin
* NARS Blush - Sex Fantasy
* NARS Velvet Lip Glide - Unlaced

So I got the stick foundation, the mascara, and the lip glide during the sale.

ABH Stick Foundation: Porcelain is a really good match for me, and I like the texture. It's my first time working with a stick foundation, but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it. I also used it as a spot concealer; it built up pretty well.

Smashbox Indecent Exposure: I really like the wand, and the formula seems like one that can be built up without the lashes clumping. Me likes.

NARS Velvet Lipglide: Unlaced is a beautiful colour (on me, it's a warm pink nude). It did catch onto some dry patches on my lips (in the colder months, my lips get dry and peely), and while I did apply lip balm before applying the lippie, I didn't exfoliate. So I'll have to remember to do that. Other than that, it didn't feel drying on my lips, which is great.

Alysse011

That furniture looks lovely Elise! I eventually would like to purchase some kind of vanity. I also really want a Simple Human mirror. Let us know how the setup goes! Are you propping up a large mirror on top?
[MENTION=65477]shellygrrl[/MENTION] I'm glad you're enjoying your picks. I almost went for Bound, but I have a nice mauve/Rose lip so decided against it. I've heard great things about the formula though. People seem to love them.

I'm starting to get my goals together for 2017. I'm going to start by not participating in any Black Friday sales (beauty/clothing/hair/shoes/you name it). One of my favorite beauty bloggers has set a goal budget of $250 for beauty products for the year, and I think I will be copying her. The $250 will not include replenishing/replacing items. When I run out of my serum I will either repurchase or buy something different without that causing any takeaway from my budget. Also, the $250 will be for makeup/nails/hair/skin. Anything new that I don't *need*.

I haven't decided on a wardrobe budget yet. That isnt as much of a weak area though to be honest, so I'm not as worried. If needed, I will re-evaluate throughout the year. I may at least keep track of wardrobe purchases just to keep a finger on the pulse of it. We will see!

Alysse011

Typical work week FOTD:

-Equal parts Armani Luminous Silk in 5 and Armani Maestro Glow in 4
-Tarte Maracuja concealer in Light Sand. This has taken the cake for my favorite concealer. Which is great since it's considerably less expensive than By Terry!
-Chanel Soleil Tan cream bronzer
-Becca Champagne Split in Flowerchild and Champagne for blush/highlight
-Suqqu Brow Pen in moss green
-ABH Mario palette on eyes
-MAC Costa Riche eyeliner
-Chanel Le Volume mascara
--Lips are MUFE 3C liner and Lancôme Beige Mirage lippie

fur4elise

That furniture looks lovely Elise! I eventually would like to purchase some kind of vanity. I also really want a Simple Human mirror. Let us know how the setup goes! Are you propping up a large mirror on top?
@shellygrrl I'm glad you're enjoying your picks. I almost went for Bound, but I have a nice mauve/Rose lip so decided against it. I've heard great things about the formula though. People seem to love them.

I'm starting to get my goals together for 2017. I'm going to start by not participating in any Black Friday sales (beauty/clothing/hair/shoes/you name it). One of my favorite beauty bloggers has set a goal budget of $250 for beauty products for the year, and I think I will be copying her. The $250 will not include replenishing/replacing items. When I run out of my serum I will either repurchase or buy something different without that causing any takeaway from my budget. Also, the $250 will be for makeup/nails/hair/skin. Anything new that I don't *need*.

I haven't decided on a wardrobe budget yet. That isn't as much of a weak area though to be honest, so I'm not as worried. If needed, I will re-evaluate throughout the year. I may at least keep track of wardrobe purchases just to keep a finger on the pulse of it. We will see!

I love the FOTDs you and @shellygrrl post! Reminds me to pull various things out and put them in rotation! ;) Will be so much easier with new storage and organization.

Furniture arrives tomorrow! Very excited!

I did a ton of work over the weekend...not only in my office/studio/closet...but all over the house to de-clutter and straighten up! It feels really really good to do this! Especially before the holidays. I was also able to re-purpose some of the IKEA system for linens and to house my huge music collection...which has been sitting in a closet in storage bins since we moved into the house in 2013! Now that I have it out and in sight, I am sure I will listen to what I have more regularly. Also as I revisit things and discover I do not particularly care for them or they do not perform the way they should, out they go! No more of this hoarding stuff!

$250 is a tight budget, but not impossible...Over the past year, I have disposed of lots of stuff I never used and/or past shelf life, purchased products I am actually using and have been extremely selective. I honestly do not have this overwhelming need to buy more makeup...somehow I have filled the gaps I had and love what I have. My wish list is strangely and satisfyingly barren...how sad...

eta: I forgot I do have a TF Lips & Boys lippie on the list ~ Christopher is the name of my hubby, so of course I want his name sake shade! ;)

I am actually focusing more on my skincare and watching more tip & technique videos to make the most of my makeup.

For example, using a finishing spray. I have mature skin, so too much product and/or powder on my face does not bode well. The finishing spray will minimize the powdery look and set things so they do not shift/move around!
Wayne Goss did a video a few days ago with a discount code and Skindinavia is giving a bonus duo of travel size bottles of primer & finishing spray with purchase. So it was a win win! I get to try a highly rated product at a discount that I have wanted to purchase but thought kind of expensive.

I am also not feeling very spendy nor have the urge to overdo for the holidays either.
No big Black Friday and/or Cyber Monday spending for myself. Some gifts for hubby, his kids, my niece and some of my library assistants. I plan on doing a lot of baking this year. Yummy stuffs make for great gifts!
chef.gif

I will make one purchase for self from Victoria's Secret...they always have a bonus tote with purchase and I saved my $15 off bday card. This year as like last year it will be 2 or 3 pairs of workout pants and a couple sports bras. All their sport stuff is on sale 50% off right now! And that is my lifestyle...living part time in the gym...lol Look good training = training hard!

As for wardrobe and shoes...it's all good right now! I am an end of season buyer...meaning I buy winter clothes in the summer and summer clothes in the winter. ;)

Whew! That was a lot! But you got me thinking...so thanks!
:thankyou:

Last edited:

shellygrrl

Staff member
FOTD...

* MUFE Step 1 - Hydrating Primer (on lower half of my face and in between the brows)
* MUFE Step 1 - Smoothing Primer (across porous areas and smile lines)
* MUFE Step 1 - Mattifying Primer (across nose and forehead)
* ABH Stick Foundation - Porcelain
* ABH Brow Powder Duo - Ash Brown
* Benefit Gimme Brow - Medium Deep
* MAC Paint Pot - Tailor Grey (all over lid)
* Makeup Geek Eyeshadow - Unexpected (in crease area)
* MAC Eyeshadow - Copperplate (to go over Unexpected and make it more ashy)
* MAC Eyeshadow - Typographic (on the upper lashline and part of the lower lashline)
* MAC Blush - Next to Skin for some contour action
* NARS Blush - mix of Sex Appeal and Sex Fantasy (the first warms up the second)

It's been a while since I've used the Brow Powder Duo and Gimme Brow (I still have the old version). I won't be repurchasing either. I've enjoyed using both, but I want to try some new brow stuff in the new year.

shellygrrl

Staff member
FOTD...

* MUFE Step 1 - Mattifying Primer
* ABH Stick Foundation - Porcelain (mainly around the centre portions of my face)
* MUFE Ultra HD - Y205 (elsewhere)
* Hourglass Arch Sculpting Brow Pencil - Ash
* MAC Eyeshadows - mix of Malt and Omega (transition)
* MAC Eyeshadow - Satin Taupe (lid + a little on lower lashline)
* Makeup Geek Eyeshadow - Hipster (crease)
* Makeup Geek Eyeshadow - Rockstar (inner corner)
* MAC Strobe Cream (top of cheekbones, on cupid's bow)
* MAC Blush - Taupe (as a bronzer)
* NARS Blushes - mix of Sex Appeal and Sex Fantasy
* NARS Velvet Lip Glide - Unlaced

fur4elise

Well here it is! I finally have big girl furniture in my studio/office/closet room and I love it! :heart: I thought it would be fun to share. :D
bureau_2.jpg
bureau_1.jpg
My goal before the new furniture arrived was to dekraapify my closet, my old IKEA clothing storage and my makeup collection.
I ended up with a few bags for Good Will! Overall it feels really good to be so nicely organized, with everything put away neatly.

The bureau above houses my makeup. Essentially I have 4 drawers of goodies that I am currently using in rotation with one
catch all drawer for miscellaneous things like, glitter, eyelashes, samples, foundation, e/s palettes I am not ready to dispose of/may depot at some point, etc. However, I am not allowed to hoard! I let go of everything I have not used in quite some time. No mercy! And while I have a nice amount of open space, this does not mean I will be stuffing it to full capacity. Being able to see everything I have is a daily reminder that I have a lot and do not need more, more, more...Careful selection and addition from here on out!

storage_1.jpg storage_2.jpg
storage_5.jpg
I also dekraapified my brush collection, keeping only things I reach for. By the way, do any of you remember Brush Guards?
I still have and use them regularly when I clean my brushes. You can see them mixed in.

storage_3.jpg

treasures_16.jpg
The picture above is my little mirrored tray of treasures.
:cloud9: Those are my date night lippies!

Last edited:

Latest posts