revlon photoready

Meisje

I bought the PhotoReady in Ivory and I like it. I haven't had a chance to check it out on my face under many different light types, but it seems okay so far.

The coverage is lighter than ColorStay, a LOT lighter, and the finish is not matte. My skin is oily and I notice the oiliness much more by the end of the day with this. With ColorStay my face stays matte, but the ColorStay is much heavier. It wears okay --- due to my oiliness, it doesn't stay as well as the ColorStay (I wear the ColorStay formulated for oily skin).

There *are* glittery particles, but they are very fine and only visible under certain types of light. Walking throughout the mall with swatches on my hand, I could see the sparkles about 50% of the time (under natural and various indoor lights). You won't look like Edward Cullen or anything.

I got mine at WalMart, they had a bunch of bottles shoved in the back of a clearance shelf.

MizzTropical

The coverage reminds me of a tinted moistrurizer in a way. It has that type of shimmer that is very subtle, it just makes u look glowey. The color selection isn't very good though. I'm an NC40 and had to mix Golden Beige with Rich Ginger for a match. CS Natural Tan matches me perfecty. I hate heavy foundation and always mix my CS with moisturizer for a lighter feel and Photoready reminds me of the look I get with CS/moisturizer.

jazmatazz

It seems the full collection launches in March. I was at CVS the other day and saw a display for it, but there were very limited shades. The full range of shades must be coming out in March (color selection for NC40 and up was super limited). I'm going to wait until then to try to find a match. I'm really excited about trying this though!

If anyone finds a match for NC43 eventually I'd love to know!

jazmatazz

I haven't found a match for NC43 yet. Rich Ginger seems to have too much red and caramel seems too deep. I hope they release a golden caramel or something in March!

labellavita7

I bought PR in 004 Nude, I rarely wear foundation but the rave reviews on MUA swayed me into buying it! I don't have problem skin, so this foundation has sheer enough coverage for me and is great for evening out my skin tone. I never had a problem with the glitter until the other day. I was confused about what everyone was talking about, up until then I only saw a slight shimmer (which is what I liked in the formula to make my skin look dewy), those are the "light-reflecting particles" it mentions on the bottle. Well the other day I was in direct sunlight, pulled out my compact mirror, and I was sparkling like a Twilight vampire! Kind of disappointing, so I'd say this foundation is best for the winter months or just at night when you're less likely to be seen in this type of light! That's the only problem I've had though, sometimes I use Smashbox's Photo Finish primer underneath and the foundation stays put, and no issues with clogged pores or breakouts.

That is just my experience, I think this foundation is great for everyone to try and have their own opinion about, because a lot of people have so many different experiences with it you can't just base it on one thing!

roseliu

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhode
I'm waiting for a Revlon BOGO.

I've been waiting for a week already :/

kabuki_KILLER

I bought this in the Shell shade at CVS bogo event. It matches the lighter tones on my face, but darkens over time on my oily skin. I think it looks really good. Not as good at Make Up Forever's liquid foundations, but for a fraction of the cost, not bad. Mac Studio Fix looks better than this at first, but this didn't give me mega blackheads, so it is well worth the 7...or even 13 bucks if you paid that much. It may not last as long as Colorstay liquid, but it's more smooth in texture. Hugs the skin nicely.

Colorstay does last longer before becoming shiney, but this is definitely better if you're not going to wear it all day.

Meisje

I've been using this for a while now --- the coverage is very light. I still prefer ColorStay.

hairbands4ever

I LOVE PhotoReady! It's my new HG. I picked it up on a whim a few months ago (before it was being buzzed about, I hadn't even heard about it at that point) on a BOGO at CVS and I'm so glad I did. No "glitter chunks" for me, as several people on MakeupAlley have complained about.

*K_87*

I'm in two minds whether to buy this when it arrives in the UK, or go back to colourstay.

The only thing that is putting me off the photoready is that I've heard it looks greasy in pictures. Does it make you look really pale due to the light particles?

Mind you, saying that the colourstay is SPF 6 which shows up white!

Heeelllppp!
cry.gif

foxxylatina07

I have this foundation in 2 colors. Medium beige 006 (has yellow undertones and its a little too light for me) and Caramel (has deeper yellow undertones a bit darker for me.)

What I do is that I mix these with my CS. Four reasons 1) To make the perfect match for my skin and 2) To cut down on the shimmer 3) To give me the coverage I need and 4) to make it last longer.

In order for me to get a good match with these foundations I mix Caramel with Early Tan (during the winter) and will be mixing Medium beige with Toast for the summer.

I've noticed that this foundation by itself is creamy in texture and feels really nice. I did get to try medium beige a few days ago to get a feel of it and then I topped it off with BE Matte foundation to make it more matte and get rid of the shimmer. It was still a little light during the day time but nothing extremely noticeable. I also noticed that I didnt get oily at all with this and it lasted a decent amount of time.

Hopefully the information about Revlon coming out with more shades is true because this foundation defitnetly has its potential.

Now if only they'd get rid of the shimmer and gave the same amount of coverage as CS this foundation would be perfect, wouldnt you guys agree?
yes.gif

LouLou69

Hiyas I've just noticed that this is up on the Boots website
thmbup.gif
- the colour choice has overwhelmed me a bit I am about an NW15 any idea what colour I should go for - I have heard Shell should be ok can anyone advise x

shimmercoconut

I really like this, I got this BOGO so I bought golden beige and rich ginger. I will have to mix them b/c golden beige looks ashy on me after a while and rich ginger is too dark for me. I am nc42. Aside from that I loovvve this foundation and the packaging. Also, I do love shimmer so I don't mind it

antigone21

I bought this in 006 (Medium beige) and even tho I've worn it a few times, I don't know if it's the right shade for me. Are there any NC40-42s that have tried it? It's definetely a bit too light for me but I don't know if it is noticeable. I've been looking online to see what NC40-42s wear but can't seem to find anyone!

Edit: the person below me is NC42, but I need to add that (unfortunately) NC42 is too dark for me and NC40 is too light, I really am in between.

MissAlphaKitty

Any comments on PhotoReady's scent?
I wasn't crazy about ColorStay's scent.
I also noticed it's $18.99 CAD at my local drugstore (London Drugs)
ssad.gif

AngelaMH

I didn't like this at all! I got the 001 Ivory as that's what shade I wear for ColorStay. To me it seems like the same thing just not as full of coverage. It also accentuated the lines around my eyes & placed a huge billboard sign on any blemishes I happen to have that day.
yucky.gif