revlon photoready

obscuria

CVS is having a sale right now (don't know how long it is still going on), but it's buy one get one free on their foundations/concealers/blushes(I could be wrong on the blushes). So if any of you really love this product, it's a good time to stock up.

obscuria

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahlowryfan
I don't like having a card to a place I don't shop there at all.

The worst that could happen is you get the card and then throw it out if you only plan on going there once for a sale or something.

tropical_smiles

Did anyone have problems with break outs with this product?

Currently I use anywhere between NC 30 to NC 40. What would be a good match?

allmystars

i bought this a few weeks ago and HATED it. i should have expected that since its not really made for me (super oily, bumpy, breakout prone skin but i just needed to TRY it) so the shimmer-ness just made me look more shiny and a few hours in i almost looked WET. i tried it with powder over and still wasn't impressed. i definitely plan on returning it and getting colorstay (in the oily formula) which i love.

obscuria

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropical_smiles

That's quite a large range. I would say try anything in the "beige" line. I think they have a few such as natural beige, medium beige, and golden beige

tropical_smiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by obscuria
That's quite a large range. I would say try anything in the "beige" line. I think they have a few such as natural beige, medium beige, and golden beige

haha i know..i get that alot but in the summers I play beach volleyball religiously. So I tan like there's no tomorrow

Temptasia

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropical_smiles

I bought golden beige (08) and medium beige (06)...both are quite similar but golden beige is a touch lighter than medium beige. You can mix both together if you are between shades.

I did break out once when I first used the foundation, but after sticking it out for a few weeks, my skin did not react anymore. That's normal for me when I try out a new liquid foundation, anyway.

I personally think that one should not use more than a pump for the whole face. (I've got a HUGE face too and it's enough) This truly is a light to medium coverage foundation and you don't want to "build up the glow" by using too much product on your face.

If you have combo or dry skin, you cannot get away with this foundation without moisturizing first!!!

abbyquack

I picked this up yesterday after hearing good things. I applied it last night, it looked horrible (which is surprising after Colorstay's good application). So I gave it a shot today again, and it's just not a good coverage for me. It covers the redness but any zits or bumpy skin is totally emphasized. I'm so disappointed, I think I will exchange it for Revlon's Colorstay mineral foundation- that is, if Walgreen's takes exchanges on used product?
th_dunno.gif

tropical_smiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temptasia
I bought golden beige (08) and medium beige (06)...both are quite similar but golden beige is a touch lighter than medium beige. You can mix both together if you are between shades.

I did break out once when I first used the foundation, but after sticking it out for a few weeks, my skin did not react anymore. That's normal for me when I try out a new liquid foundation, anyway.

I personally think that one should not use more than a pump for the whole face. (I've got a HUGE face too and it's enough) This truly is a light to medium coverage foundation and you don't want to "build up the glow" by using too much product on your face.

If you have combo or dry skin, you cannot get away with this foundation without moisturizing first!!!

awesome thank you for your advice..normally when i break out, sometimes I stop using the foundation right away to avoid further break out.

Do you use any of the colorstay foundation? What color do you use?

kaitlynnm

I've been wearing PR for a few months now and I'm loving it. I know the color I'm using, Shell 003, isn't an exact match to my skin but it's pretty darn close. I'm thinking of buying the next shade up and mixing the 2 together. Colorstay Combination/Oily makes my t-zone oily/shiny but I don't have this problem with PR. It's fairly sheer coverage but build-able. I hope Revlon doesn't mess with the formula for this one.

noahlowryfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangledrose
Are you girls using a sponge or a stippling brush for this foundation?

I use MAC 190 brush.

LMD84

i just use my fingers for this foundation!

not sure if it's just my skin being weird but since i started using this my skin feels slightly dryer... so bad that i had a line of flaking skin near my mouth
ssad.gif

westindiesangel

I just can't get over the sparkles in this! And in the powder! I hate it when they put that in bronzers, all-over face powders, etc., much less my foundation =/

Susanne

Can you girls help me?

I am NC 25 to NC 30 in summer.

Which foundation shade do I need

in Photo Ready foundation?

in Colorstay foundation?

Thank you!

Edit: Maybe Sand Beige or Golden Beige?

And Lou, is it available in the UK?

mac_arp4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
Can you girls help me?

in Colorstay foundation?

Thank you!

your probably the same shade as me...i wear the 006...golden beige i think...maybe a shade lighter than....i absolutely love this foundation...i have a canon rebel with the same flash it came with and my foundation looks lovely...i don't notice it looking any different then the revlon colorstay...i think my photoready leaves me almost matte...

i think the people complaining about this foundation...either bought a bad batch or are super super super oily...lol

dopalives

Not bad for a drugstore foundation, but MUFE HD is my HG. My PhotoReady doesn't have a lot of sparkle. It's really just a slight shimmer.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
Can you girls help me?

in Colorstay foundation?

Thank you!

yep both of these are in the uk! shade wise i am paler than you because i am nc20 but in colourstay i use the shade buff
smiles.gif