Revolution Lipstick

butterflyeyes

Since I didn't see a thread dedicated to these Urban Decay lipsticks I thought I would go ahead and start one. I finally tried out one of the 3 I purchased today and fell in love with the formula. I wore Manic for about 9 hrs today (touched up once) and it was super moisturizing and comfortable on the lips. When I finally took it off my lips were smooth and soft...almost like I had worn my JB all day lol. Can't wait to wear my other two colors (Venom and Jilt).

Melzie

I have two regular size in Fiend and Jilted and two deluxe samples in Anarchy and Catfight. I agree w/Butterflyeyes that they comfortable to wear and are moisturizing.

yahoo.gif

Fiend is one five lipsticks that have a permanent home in my purse. It is my everyday neutral pink shade. It seriously goes with every single eye look that I do. I have already used almost half of the tube. This is probably one of 6 lipsticks that I have finished halfway, mind you I have been using lipstick almost everyday since my college days (over 10 years?) During the 9 hours I am at work I reapply twice, usually once after lunch and one just before my shift ends.

Jilted is a VERY bold lipstick UD describes it as "deep fuchsia shimmer with blue shift". I have used it at least 10 times and I get compliments when I use it. What I love about this lipstick is that it fades soooo nicely and stains your lips evenly. Anarchy and Catfight are both as bold as Jilted. All three do stain and fade nicely. They last longer than Fiend, but don't bold red/berry/fuchsia lipstick shades always last longer than nude shades? At least all the ones I own are that way.

I did want to get more shades, but I bought Sephora's Give Me More Lip so I'm pretty sure I am not buying anymore lip products until next year.

I'm hopping I won't buy more this year!! But I guess we will see!
hmm.gif

-Aloha from your friend in Hawaii
heart.gif

BeautyByLele

I wanna pick up a few of these... When I swatches them ... In store I like the way they glided on my hand... so creamy

Addict4MAC

I can't wait to finally try these. MAC and all of there LE releases!
getyou.gif
I barely have play money for other brands.

IHughes

They're lovely, really creamy and glide on smoothly and last a long time! I have Turn On and I use it a lot! Now I want more!!

katred

Specktra Bestie
If you're looking for more comments and recommendations, there has also been some discussion on these in the Fall releases thread. But I think we can handle one specifically for these products, since they've joined the permanent assortment.

This has quickly become one of my favourite lipstick formulas. I love the evenness, the pigmentation, the wear time... It's actually easier to name the things that I don't like, because there's only one: I find most of the shades somewhat easy to duplicate. Honestly, I'd rather have the shades that I can duplicate in this lovely formula, but I'm looking forward to seeing some newer, more nuanced shades as the line grows, or as limited shades are introduced with specific collections.

butterflyeyes

If you're looking for more comments and recommendations, there has also been some discussion on these in the Fall releases thread. But I think we can handle one specifically for these products, since they've joined the permanent assortment. This has quickly become one of my favourite lipstick formulas. I love the evenness, the pigmentation, the wear time... It's actually easier to name the things that I don't like, because there's only one: I find most of the shades somewhat easy to duplicate. Honestly, I'd rather have the shades that I can duplicate in this lovely formula, but I'm looking forward to seeing some newer, more nuanced shades as the line grows, or as limited shades are introduced with specific collections.
Yeah, I know discussion has happened in that thread but thought it might be helpful to those that were interested in just discussing the lipsticks since they aren't just Fall products and are permanent. You're right though...the colors aren't terribly unique but the formula is amazing enough that it makes up for it. I really do hope that they expand on their color range in the future, but it's definitely nice that they do have some great wearable staples now that you don't have to worry about disappearing quickly.

P

pockykami

I own two of these lipsticks-liar and anarchy. I love the formula of both, but liar is a little too brown toned for my fair skin I think. Anarchy is also a little less creamy than liar, which I heard is true with their brights and darks. I would love to get more, but as someone else said the colors are very dupeable. Im also on a matte kick lately. I think if I ever get a job in a corporate environment, I will definitely purchase more of the nudes. They have so many great work appropriate shades. I am also dying to try protest, because peachy nudes are a little harder to find, but I dont want to pay shipping or buy something just for the sake of getting this lipstick :(

Knope2012

I got Manic and Venom today and this is my new favorite formula. I find that a lot of "moisturizing" formulas just aren't that moisturizing on me, but this one is great. I do with the tip was a different shape, but that's my only complaint. I'll be getting all of the deep and bright colors in this range.

butterflyeyes

I got Manic and Venom today and this is my new favorite formula. I find that a lot of "moisturizing" formulas just aren't that moisturizing on me, but this one is great. I do with the tip was a different shape, but that's my only complaint. I'll be getting all of the deep and bright colors in this range.
That's something I don't like...the shape of the lipstick lol. I'm thinking it's just something I might need to get used to but it's the only thing I'm not too thrilled with.

Knope2012

That's something I don't like...the shape of the lipstick lol. I'm thinking it's just something I might need to get used to but it's the only thing I'm not too thrilled with.
Yeah it's not great. I can get it around the top and bottom of my lips okay, but it's awkward on the corners. I'm not great with a lip brush either, so I prefer to apply from the tube if I can get away with it.

matchachoco

Agreed, it's a little hard to be precise. The formula makes up for it, though! I got Strip and I love it. It's like Clinique's Butter Shine formula only longer wearing and less, well, shiny. :) UD knocked it out of the park, but I got Strip only because it was one of the few colors I couldn't already dupe in my collection.

NATlar

Shame and Venom are my favourite, I actually went to get a back up of those two today but my local UD has sold out. I'm hoping they're not limited edition.

cocodivatime

I just discovered these after researching online for the Urbay Decay Black Friday special. I've never tried on my lips but I love the formula from swatching The pigmentation reminds me of MAC Amplified formula

Knope2012

I'll get my set of 6 tomorrow! I think I'm most excited for Jilted, but the nudes and pinks will be nice for every day

cocodivatime

I'll get my set of 6 tomorrow! I think I'm most excited for Jilted, but the nudes and pinks will be nice for every day
Lucky you!! I tried to buy the set but it sold out while in my cart. Do we know yet if UD will re-release or is it gone forever. There was an email when back in stock link for about a day then it was removed