Roses Ultimes de Chanel collection

Winthrop44

I would definitely return them if you're unhappy with them Shontay. If you don't have Pink Sugar maybe try something like MAC Pink Treat with them and see what you think. I will try to reserve judgement till I see how they look on my lips, because I actually do like some sheer lipglosses without any liner, but...I completely agree that they misrepresented what these look like. Most people looking at the model with the pixie cut are not going to hunt down what - if any - lipliner she was wearing, they're going to assume the gloss she's holding in her mouth is giving her those lips. It would help if they would give descriptions, either on the collection page or in the Looks section like they have at times. If they mentioned "sheer" in the description people would know what they were buying.

elegant-one

Jalousie gloss - gorgeous fuchsia raspberry. Very pigmented. This color was hard to photograph but the swatch on my arm is pretty accurate.

Bonitinha

heart.gif
^^Wow, so pretty! So glad I ordered it. Looks so gorgeous in the tube

Winthrop44

My box arrived! I have the same problem as Shontay with Volupte. It looked semi-promising on my hand, but actually turned my pigmented lips an ugly fleshy color.
sigh.gif
It looks really pretty over Rose Corail liner though.
flower.gif
Amour is prettier on me, though still quite sheer. Together Amour + Pink sugar do look alot like what Ms. Pixie has on, but I prefer Rose Corail with this one too. Desir is the most pigmented of the three and is a super pretty pink. It looks about as pigmented as Amour + Pink Sugar liner together on my lips, but maybe that has something to do with my natural lip color. Amour, and especially Desir, are quite sparkly. They're not gritty feeling but they do leave sparkles all over your lips even when you take them off.

Bonitinha

Glad you like them with the liners! And I'm so glad to hear that Desir is pretty, too. Three more days . . .
heart.gif

elegant-one

Bummer Winthrop. I agree RC liner is pretty.

I got Pink Sugar & it seems not pink & rather boring on me. On me its more of a red tone rose color. Its ok. hmmm

Winthrop44

I think the coral glossimers may look really pretty with Peche liner as well (and maybe the Chantecaille one that's coming out later this month). I've only worn Pink Sugar with Camelia RC.

Edit: Yep, Peche + Volupte is gorgeous! Try it Shontay!

peanut

Thanks so much for the pics!! I ended up getting Amour and Frisson. Amour actually looks pretty nice (I love corals!). I really like the gold shimmer in Frisson, but I wish I'd bought Distraction n/p as well. I don't think they can send it on the 2-shipping since it's liquid; otherwise I'd have an excuse!

Jalousie and Amour

Frisson np

shontay07108

I wore Volupte today with a Mac lipstick called Flamingo, which came out recently. I actually liked the look. It's a spot on match for Flamingo. It gave it a bit more oomph. So, I'm keeping it. I'll need to try Amour with something now. Maybe Niagara by Nars. I'm also going to seek out the pink sugar liner. I'm a little apprehensive b/c I've only tried one Chanel liner and it wasn't a good experience, but we'll see. :D

MaryJane

I think the names of the lipliners can be deceiving - someone said that Pink Sugar isn't really pink. I would agree with that - it's more of a rosey/pink/raspberry on me. I do love their liners - I use Natural with many of my glosses and lipsticks, it seems to go with everything.

Winthrop44

So happy to hear that Shontay! I am definitely glad I ordered them.

I'm having problems with my camera this morning and everything is blurry but I have great light so here is one anyway.

Left to right: Amour - Volupte - Desir. When I checked on my arm side by side Amour and Desir are really as pigmented as Pink Pulsion, as an example. I think with Volupte it is just a pale color that may not work that well without a liner on pigmented lips. I hope maybe Cheryl got it because I'm curious about how it would look on saran wrap lips!
greengrin.gif

Here is Best Things in Beauty's review of Jalousie and Desir. FWIW Desir looks great on me without a liner.

http://bestthingsinbeauty.blogspot.com/2012/02/chanel-levres-scintillantes-glossimer_09.html

Shypo

SW Lips hasn't received mine yet!!! Bummer!! Hoping today is the day (I have not checked the delivery schedule yet) -

Work has been a bit, ok a LOT
th_crazy.gif
......so I've been scarce - interesting comments from everyone......I have found PS to be a bit boring as well - but Michelle, I love Subculture too!! Can't wait to see the other pink liner I am waiting to receive.....name? I am really losing it!!

Great swatches and photos everyone!!

Bonitinha

Hi Cheryl!! Fun to hear from you! Ok, good to know that I am not missing out too much on not owning the pink sugar liner. I am borderline obsessed with Subculture liner -- it is the perfect pink nude and I line and fill my lips in with it all the time (I wonder how many of them I have gone through??). Let us know how you like your goodies -- especially since we are saran wrap lip twins!

Gail -- they all swatched beautifully!

Latest posts