Roses Ultimes de Chanel collection

MaryJane

Today I wore Pink Sugar liner and Amour gloss - it looked very, very close to the model on Chanel's site. I'm one of those people who don't have much pigment in their lips.

ahhhttack

I found this post about the second NP I was considering, Tentation. It's so close to that OPI that I just saved myself some $ and bought the OPI from ebay. The OPI is a HINT darker/redder but not too much difference to justify the price difference for me.
http://pointlesscafe.blogspot.com/2012/02/chanel-tentation-swatches-review-and.html

QueenOfSnark

^That's why I've forbidden myself from ever buying Chanel polishes unless there absolutely isn't a dupe through OPI.

Winthrop44

I found this post about the second NP I was considering, Tentation. It's so close to that OPI that I just saved myself some $ and bought the OPI from ebay. The OPI is a HINT darker/redder but not too much difference to justify the price difference for me.
http://pointlesscafe.blogspot.com/2012/02/chanel-tentation-swatches-review-and.html
Oh wow, they are both beautiful!
eyelove.gif

Miss QQ

I have Natural l/l and I love it. It matches my lip colour and is creamy and goes with anything, nude or deep colours. Pink sugar is not pink like what you ladies said, and I haven't reach for it often, but then I don't for Natural nowadays too. Too lazy for liners. Jalousie looks so beautiful I think i need it. Winthrop - thanks for the great swatches. Is Amour like Flirt RCS and Volupte like Aurore from summer 2011?

shontay07108

Tonight I wore Amour with Niagara lipstick by Nars. It was perfect. It added such a pretty shimmer to Niagara, which is already so perfect :love:. So, I'm really happy with my two glosses when used with other products. I really like it when I can use a gloss on it's own, but I can find room in my heart for those glosses that need a bit more help. :lol:

Bonitinha

Thanks Gail, for the swatches -- very pretty!!

Elegant -- sounds like my kind of blue! I really like that color with brown eyes.

MissQQ -- I can't wait to get Jalousie on Monday -- hope you can get your hands on it.

Shontay -- yay, you made it work!!

MaryJane

I go back and forth what what I prefer in terms of lipgloss pigmentation.I like sheer ones to wear on top of lipsticks, it adds shine without changing the lipstick color. On the other hand, I like pigments ones to wear on their own or on top of liner. It's a good thing I have plenty of both.

Bonitinha

MaryJane -- yay that the combo worked for you! I don't have pigmented lips -- so it isn't too hard for things to show up on me. Waiting, waiting for my package to arrive . . . . ;)

Winthrop44

I'm with ya MaryJane. I like both pigmented and sheer glosses too. I even like to wear sheer ones without a lipstick or liner at times to add subtle color and shine - I love my Chantecaille glosses for that.

Can't wait for you to get your stuff Michelle. Hope you love the 2 you ordered. I'm pretty sure you will!

shontay07108

I'm with ya MaryJane. I like both pigmented and sheer glosses too. I even like to wear sheer ones without a lipstick or liner at times to add subtle color and shine - I love my Chantecaille glosses for that.  Can't wait for you to get your stuff Michelle. Hope you love the 2 you ordered. I'm pretty sure you will!
It is good to have sheer glosses on hand, but I don't want a ton of them, though. Especially not for 30 bucks. :lol: These worked out for me, thank goodness, but I was expecting something much more opaque because my other glossimers are opaque. Plus I get no color when I use them on their own. That's :crazy:.

Winthrop44

Winthrop - thanks for the great swatches. Is Amour like Flirt RCS and Volupte like Aurore from summer 2011?

On my arm the color of Flirt is like a cross between Amour (which is slightly pinker) and Volupte (which is more peach in comparison). It is closer to Amour. I don't think I ever saw Aurore in person.

elegant-one

It is good to have sheer glosses on hand, but I don't want a ton of them, though. Especially not for 30 bucks.
lol.gif
These worked out for me, thank goodness, but I was expecting something much more opaque because my other glossimers are opaque. Plus I get no color when I use them on their own. That's
th_crazy.gif
OT

Shontay - on the YSL eyeliner that you love, is there a dark espresso brown? The one in the pic I saw didn't look very dark.

Yeah, $30 for no color is not a good deal
sigh.gif

shontay07108

No, they don't have a dark brown, Elegant. They have a dirty, greenish bronze that's gorgeous, but that's the closest thing to brown. I just realized that. Kinda odd, huh?

Miss QQ

On my arm the color of Flirt is like a cross between Amour (which is slightly pinker) and Volupte (which is more peach in comparison). It is closer to Amour. I don't think I ever saw Aurore in person.

Thanks! I was under the impression you bought Aurore. It is a glossimer, just in case you thought it is the Dior bronzer, which never made it to my counters.

Michelle - I hope these come to my counters too. The email from chanel.com with the 3 matching lips and nails look so pretty!