Scandalous Cosmetics?

User38

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeupisdivine
Please dont get me wrong.. but im really disappointed. I to be honest was never really into Scandalous..and i am not a die hard MAC fan, but everytime i went near one of the carts in the mall, i was really turned off.. I mean yes its pigmented but I thought being a new (at least i thought) brand that it would be one of those things where they were starting from the ground up and they put alot into (not just finding and teaching people how to do good makeup).. well long story short and i may be ........................ but i was disappointed when i found out they just buy it wholesale from a manufacturer (the same that alot of other small ''new'' businesses are buying them from and just slap a label on it and its their brand new totally different from the others makeup line....idk... maybe its just me and yeah its cheaper than mac and maybe im just venting because i found out another ''new'' makeup artist that started her own company buys from the same place and she made her line sound like it was actually her own and not a label... (currently regretting my latest cosmetic purchase)

th_dunno.gif
Regretfully many many cosmetic lines are produced by a few manufacturers who "case" the different products for different names -- you would be surprised. Makeup is an art to many, but a huge business to all
smiles.gif

User38

Quote:
Originally Posted by astronaut
Oh man, I hope I can get my hands on Scandalous one of these days. It totally looks like MAC and they have a makeup school too! I did a search on google and saw the myspace and myspaces of the creator and some artists. I must say this cosmetic line is FIERCE just from what I see. I have a strong feeling this company is going to grow.

Look what I found:

l_5a1fbefab18e51935642c11c3ccefa7b.jpg

OUCH!

As much as I love MAC, I'm open for any competition. Hey, if it's better, why not.

th_worship.gif
I heard the same of several brands, including NYX when they came out marketing.. It is very hard to beat a name brand which has a cult following. Don't know what their financial backing is, but remember MAC's mom is Estee Lauder.. so the pockets are quite deep, regardless of the recession
yahoo.gif

Penn

I just finished watching makeupartistamateur's review on make up bases and it upsets me because I feel like she's deceiving a lot of her viewers. I also came across other people's comment's about how the base creases and in the video she usually compares the eyeshadow's brightness. Obviously their base is going to have a brighter result if it's white. I've also read in another comment [in a review video from months ago] where she responded to a viewer saying she was going to do another video comparing the base to mac's white chromaline and she just posted a new review video today with the same bases as the previous video.
She's a very talented artist, which is why I have subscribed to her channel in the first place but I'm just so turned off by her pushing her products on her viewers who are probably unaware of what is really going on. It's almost like watching an infomercial. I understand that it's life and everyone needs to make a living but it bothers me that people would use their talents to deceive other people. Viewers probably watch these video's and probably get excited thinking there's a new, could be HG item they could try, when really it's not the product but the artist themselve's that are good and they know it and use it to their advantage.
This is just my opinion.

Mzchio

I just purchased their eyeshadow base on Saturday and it arrived yesterday. I will give it a go and see how the "eyeshadow magnet" lives up to its name. So, I will be posting pictures of it and you guys can see for yourselves.
Also, I saw that Priscilla does tutorials on youtube, like me, I saw she uses a white shadow, anyone know where I can get a good eyeshadow. I have MAC Gesso, Ben Nye's, NYX, smashbox, and a costal scents, I'm not getting a good payoff and texture from it.

enigmatic

I have to laugh at the fact that she uploaded the same exact video again, KNOWING that it was shady and unfair. I still stand 100% by my original post about Scandalous Cosmetics. It's ridiculous.

enigmatic

P.S. LOL @ Suggesting to wear UDPP underneath it, when she claims she doesn't like it at all. Anyone else find it a bit hilarious that they're so anti-Mac, yet the artists have and use their products?

blindpassion

This thread has totally made me LOL hard.

What a shady chick!!!

So, whats the word on Ladyburd then? Do they have good quality products?

Im staying the hell away from SCAM-dalous!!!

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindpassion
..... SCAM-dalous!!!

That is hilarious

Speaking of hilarious, the below quote from priscilla makes me laugh:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pheonix phire
......to be honest I never expected this kind of national recognition.....

live.love.makeup.
-priscilla

Yeah, it's kind of like you cured cancer.

reesesilverstar

Oh my goodness... You all go HARD man!!! I'm never bad mouthing MAC.

But honestly this whole thread, while really informative is extremely hilarious. My sides are hurting so bad right now...

carandru

^^ so true. Lmao.

O, and in case anyone is wondering about the paint wheels... I got mine in yesterday. They are definitely super glittery but pretty fun. I would honestly never do an entire eye look using just a paint wheel due to all that glitter. I'm going to use them on someone today and see if the glitter just gets every damn where.

makeup2009118.jpg

I'll try and post swatches a little later if anyone is interested b/c this glitter really shows up.

user79

I was wondering why she re-uploaded that review again when a lot of people pointed out how fraudulent it was...

That whole marketing strategy is so sketchy...I remember in the beginning when people didn't know anything about Scandalous, she would make videos about "Hauls" like she was just a regular customer of the line...then it came out that she was actually the person behind the products and now she's all open about it.

I like some of her looks but I don't think I'd ever try out the cosmetics, they look cheap, and like chunky glitter-central.

astronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
I was wondering why she re-uploaded that review again when a lot of people pointed out how fraudulent it was...

I think she just edited it to add the website to her video because there wasn't a website at the time she uploaded the first video.

blindpassion

Its so sketchy that she used to pretend to just be a consumer and then she was all "oh I own the company". How shady!!!!

HeavenLeiBlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by susannef
Why does she say that she is doing a "second haul" on the eyeshadow base? o_O

I mentioned the misuse of the haul in the comments of several of her videos, and of course, they got deleted.
nope.gif

128815323739283048.jpg

Ruby_Woo

Quote:
Originally Posted by carandru
^^ so true. Lmao.

O, and in case anyone is wondering about the paint wheels... I got mine in yesterday. They are definitely super glittery but pretty fun. I would honestly never do an entire eye look using just a paint wheel due to all that glitter. I'm going to use them on someone today and see if the glitter just gets every damn where.

makeup2009118.jpg

I'll try and post swatches a little later if anyone is interested b/c this glitter really shows up.

Are those paintwheels by Scandalous? Cus I first saw them from Kathy the founder of "Bitchslap Cosmetics" wow! You ladies here are GOOD!

I've noticed that all of the sudden everyone is getting their own line! WTF?? haha I want my own line!

I saw that panaceas(?) is getting her own line too, and she is a sweet girl, very dedicated to You tube, but she's not an artist, I honestly don't care, but Im just saying Im noticing a lot just makeup enthusiast are getting lines rather than makeup artist who would know more about textures, pigmentations and such.

Oh well!

if anyone has tried bitchslap or scandalous, what's your take on them?

I saw pricillas brow tutorial and she mentioned that it was a "no name" brow pencil... um yeah it has a name.. spiked by MAC! lol

V2LUCKY

Quote:
Originally Posted by susannef
Why does she say that she is doing a "second haul" on the eyeshadow base? o_O

She clearly doesn't understand the meaning of the word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby_Woo
I've noticed that all of the sudden everyone is getting their own line! WTF?? haha I want my own line!

I saw that panaceas(?) is getting her own line too, and she is a sweet girl, very dedicated to You tube, but she's not an artist, I honestly don't care, but Im just saying Im noticing a lot just makeup enthusiast are getting lines rather than makeup artist who would know more about textures, pigmentations and such.

Oh well!

It shouldn't qualify as your own line....it's like going to the grocery store buying cookies and trying to sell them at a bake sale as home made. If it's YOUR line, you start from scratch....you decide what ingredients are going into your products, you work one on one with the manufacturer NOT buy from some wholesale warehouse and then put your "label" on it....you did not "create" the product you just designed the label....end rant.
winks.gif

Ruby_Woo

Quote:
Originally Posted by V2LUCKY
It shouldn't qualify as your own line....it's like going to the grocery store buying cookies and trying to sell them at a bake sale as home made. If it's YOUR line, you start from scratch....you decide what ingredients are going into your products, you work one on one with the manufacturer NOT buy from some wholesale warehouse and then put your "label" on it....you did not "create" the product you just designed the label....end rant.
winks.gif

Yeah I know that, I was trying to joke saying I want to have a cosmetic line! lol No thanks I'll stick to my current employer
smiles.gif

Seriously if I ever wanted to go into a business such as cosmetics, I would do it from the bottom up. I mean its RIDICULOUS how everyone and their mom's have makeup lines now. Its like.. really?? pffffttt...

And some of these lines are retailing almost at same price as MAC. At least w/ MAC I get my pro discoutn. These lines don't offer such discounts. They are very consumer oriented, which is ok, but don't compare to MAC because its completly different.

MAC is a line that started from the pro's to the pro's yeah, some things have changed, but it still has you know Pro oriented items, and these lines that bash MAC don't come close in quality and stuff.

haha Ok end rant on my side too
smiles.gif

Latest posts