Scandalous Cosmetics?

Mzchio

I'm a makeup artist and hairstylist, I've been working with a "MANUFACTURE" of makeup and skincare products. I do see everyone is on that trail, with their own lines. I would love to have my own makeup line, but I'm dedicated to more skincare, good skin, better makeup applications. But it seems that everyone has the same products, where are they getting the same products from? I saw Jenissemakeup, brushes look like coastal scents, Scandalous brushes look like fake MACS? Is everyone going through the same person. I have my own freelance business, I can tell you it's costly. The license, insurance, taxes, and salaries, what is my business seem like a full time job, when others seem to do it easily?

Dreamergirl3

Professor X? Really??
facepalm.jpg

Willa

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenLeiBlu
I was at first speaking about panacea81 (sp). aka Lauren Luke.... I think maybe she's Scottish, but I can't really tell... her speech seems very clipped, but when I went into my rant, I was also thinking of heavy New Yawk ( New York) accents, heavy Southern accents ( except Texas, I love to hear Texans speak, LOL), and just lazy or overwrought speech in general. I can't stand it when people don't enunciate. For some reason I can deal with accents from non-native English speakers, but otherwise, it bothers me.

Ho yeah panacea81, I just can't watch her videos because of her accent, I just don't understand at all... I can deal with southern american accent (y'all) but scotish is harder for me to get. Watching a scotish movie, I would need the captions in the bottom hehehe

susannef

I posted this comment on the comparison video between the e/s bases:

Quote:
This is the WORST REVIEW EVER. Makeupartistamateur is the owner of scandalous and this is so completely biased and crappy.
Dont fall for it guys! She puts way more shadow on the scandalous base then she does on the others. She also claims to blend the other bases out while she actually is pretty much removing them.
Also, white bases is general do of course make colors pop more then clear bases. If you want a white base, try NYX jumbo eye pencil in milk.

I got this reply from Priscilla:

Quote:
You are welcome to express your negative feelings. I am one of the founders of Scandalous Cosmetics. My profile says it, my videos are tagged with scandalous and titled scandalous. I would love to see your work, if you can convince me to switch to a different product with your artwork and application, I will in a heartbeat! I don't have an ego!
poor minds talk about people, normal minds talk about events, great minds talk about IDEAS!
may god bless you and may art inspire to do great work!

Awesome, I have a poor mind. Not that I actually said anything about HER but oh well.

Anyhow some people keep going on about how the Scandalous thing is a BASE and the UDPP is a PRIMER, which apparently means that its completely natural that you have to prime the base. Aside from the fact that I cba to use a base that I have to prime, why is she even comparing them then in the first place??

HeavenLeiBlu

I swear, I wish I could use this whole saga as a topic in my critical thinking class. She's a master at red herring and straw man arguments... and good at acting dumb... well, let me be nice...I'll say, behaving coyly.

chocolategoddes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willa
Is it just me or the girl just wear TOO MUCH makeup?
She looks like a clown...
Is there a market for that?
I love bold looks, but that's too much IMO

yucky.gif

I actually really like her makeup. The only reason I'm subrcribed to her is to watch her tutorials.

Willa

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolategoddes
I actually really like her makeup. The only reason I'm subrcribed to her is to watch her tutorials.

I like the whole artistic idea behind it, but from what I've seen so far, I think it's sometimes too much

But that's just my opinion hey
winks.gif

HeavenLeiBlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsoulgurl
WOW!!! HOLD ON THERE! What are you trying to say? Just because some people don't buy MAC like the rest of brainwashed women do at MAcy's, does that mean that these people are fake? Does that mean, this is a conspiracy? Gimme a break! Mac is not the only hip brand out there! I live in Montebello. I have never tried their products yet but I'm thinking about taking their make up classes in downtown LA. Why? because I had the chance to talk to the founder of the company and to another girl that works there.Their make up is fantastic! These people are in it for the love of make up and not to make a "quick buck" like all other independent brands. Is their stuff better than MAC? I don't know, but it just bugs me for someone that doesn't know about a certain product or brand to judge it only because of circumstancial information. like someone else say "Don't talk about the top of the mountain if you never been on top of the mountain..."

Anyone else think this post is hilarious now with hindsight? LMAOnade.

Asphyxia

This all reminds me of that commercial where the mom tried to pass off KFC as her own southern cooking fried chicken. Maybe it was another brand of chicken?

Anyway . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBI
After all of these posts about the cream base, I bought Ben Nye Cream Foundation in White and it is HEAVEN! And only $9!

Works fantastic and no creasing (on me anyway.) Will post swatches this evening.

EDIT
From left to right:
color on top of UDPP
color on bare skin
color on Ben Nye Cream Foundation (in white)
color on top of Ben Nye Cream Foundation in white which is on top of UDPP

Of interest: the colors over UDPP were HARD to wash off. The one with the color directly on the UDPP was the hardest to clean, followed by UDPP+Ben Nye. Leading me to believe that for the best color "POP" and duration, the combo is the best choice.
03-15-09025.jpg

Have you tried the white base on your eyes yet? Did you use your finger to apply or a brush?

lafemmenoir

My turn...
lmao.gif
Why is Lillie who used to be under Scandalous, who is now under B!tchslap not feeling any remorse for "outing" her former colleague and has now launched a collaboration with B!tchslap? As a business owner would you want to join alliances with someone who sold out their former business partner posting videos and links to ALL the places you can buy Ladyburd cosmetics? I would think, "First time a lollipop, second time a sucker." So we will all wait and see how this transpires.
Youtube is straight drama
lol.gif
as each day there is another cosmetic line. Still Glamorous has one as well and she was vloging about getting a job with Lancome, I'm not trash talking she must have figured, why work for Lancome when I can start my own line too. Now all of the gurus are going to be showcasing these amazing products and Ladyburd will have to keep sending press releases to "cease and desist" letter to all the YT'ers who want to get in on the action. I can't be the only person who finds this funny. This brings a whole new meaning to "spider monkey" they just hold on and ride each other until this has to peak?
Panacea's stuff looks all inclusive which leaves me out. I think I saw it had shadows, rouges, and lippies in each palette and are catered toward your specific eye colour. Could be wrong. I am in tears laughing at these videos, pimping their products like they are finely milled pigments, located in the Egyptian sands, with precise colour application to glow similar to the tribal warriors in time of mating season...blah, blah, blah....

mtrimier

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafemmenoir
I am in tears laughing at these videos, pimping their products like they are finely milled pigments, located in the Egyptian sands, with precise colour application to glow similar to the tribal warriors in time of mating season...blah, blah, blah....

You! Corner! Now! LOL!
lol.gif

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafemmenoir
YouTube - Neo Pigments by Bitchslap Cosmetics

It gets better by the minute. You have to laugh at this, seriously...

Are those the same neon pigments that Professor X made for Scandalous, by chance?

Professor X is such a two timing whore.

And just when I had put Professor X on such a pedestal of respect.

Vixxan

Is this the product that this post is about?

Eye Shadow highly pigmented pressed powders

If so this product really is not worth the attention. I purchased all 12 of them from Medusa and they really are not worth this much attention. These things are crap. The texture feels like eyebrow wax. And if you want a lot of color from these things them you will have to use the entire jar.