Sephora F&F 2010: What's on your list?

Mygreatlove

^There are. I got confused. Haha. I agree they should be merged
smiles.gif

LorraineER

I went to Sephora yesterday to see my "wants" in person so I could narrow the list better. I have a shopping list set up on Sephora.com that has 30 things in it, lol. I have 3 things in my shopping cart and it's over $100..imagine how much the shopping list would cost? It doesn't give a total at the bottom.

Anyhow I think my final list is- The Buxom City Slickers set, Laura Mercier Flawless Face kit and the Urban Decay 24/7 liner jackpot. Yay!

One question. I forgot to see if the Laura Mercier face products were light enough for me. If you order from Sephora.com you can't return things to the store, can you? Also if you're using the coupon code can you even return things because how would they know to not give you full price credit..?

bell21

I went to Sephora yesterday to see my "wants" in person so I could narrow the list better. I have a shopping list set up on Sephora.com that has 30 things in it, lol. I have 3 things in my shopping cart and it's over $100..imagine how much the shopping list would cost? It doesn't give a total at the bottom.

Anyhow I think my final list is- The Buxom City Slickers set, Laura Mercier Flawless Face kit and the Urban Decay 24/7 liner jackpot. Yay!

One question. I forgot to see if the Laura Mercier face products were light enough for me. If you order from Sephora.com you can't return things to the store, can you? Also if you're using the coupon code can you even return things because how would they know to not give you full price credit..?
Yes, if you order from Sephora.com you can return the items to any Sephora store (not including the ones inside JCPenny). You will have to provide the packing slip that is in the package, it will show the items you purchased from the site, the price, shipping cost and any discounts you received so that they only refund you the amount you paid.

BadBadGirl

yeah! Even before I read your post I decided to get all my fun stuff first and hold off on the sensible purchase which would be the Clarisonic! LOL That's so me.
If you follow the deal sites you can find deals on the Clarisonic all the time. I say haul haul haul!

ThePowderPuff

YAY! A wonderfull specktrarian (what do you call it?) is doing a CP for me. I am getting:

NARS Exhibit A blush
NARS Earth Angel eyeshadow duo
NARS Kuala Lumpur shadow duo

I am so excited! I never get to buy NARS, we don't have NARS here in Denmark.

Camnagem

I look forward to (and budget for!) this sale every year! I think it's the perfect time to stock-up on essentials and try out new things. This year I ordered:

Clarins Cleansing Milk with Alpine Herbs (new to me, want to try it with my Clarisonic)
Clarins Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch Primer (new to me, been wanting to try this forever)
Fresh Sugar Rush Set
MUFE Sens'Eyes Waterproof Sensitive Eye Cleanser
MUFE Aqua Lip Waterproof Lipliner Pencil - 18C
Laura Mercier Cake Eyeliner - Black Ebony
NARS Eyeshadow Duo - Melusine
Dior Diorskin Nude Skin Perfecting Hydrating Concealer (new to me, super excited to try!)
Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Lotion SPF60 (new to me, glad it's finally in stock)
Sephora Professional Platinum Lash & Eyebrow Comb #21
Sephora Large Detangling Brush
Sephora Large Oval Boar Brush
Sephora Wide Tooth Comb

I'll be getting a bunch of other gift sets before the end of the sale for Christmas gifts. I love this time of the year!
th_happy1.gif

Honey&LemonGirl

^Ahhh, so lucky!! I wish I lived closer to the east coast, it seems the packages come so much faster on that side of the country.
ssad.gif

I've settled on my second F&F haul:
- Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage in SC-3
- NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base
- NARS Lip Gloss in Ophelia

Camnagem, that's such a good idea with the Christmas gifts! I might have to do that too, it would save me a bundle.

innervue

yes, you can use online code more than once. I do a new order everytime I hit $50 so i get free shipping and can double up on free samples.

Nicala

Just placed a 2nd order today and may be placing, YET ANOTHER. However, I called my local sephora asking about using the discount in store and they said that I have to have an email..? Anyone know which email this would be?

DILLIGAF

I placed my first order in an excited hurry and I realized I missed a few items I really wanted. So there will be a part two to this haul
First Order
Illamasqua pure pigment in Alluvium
Illamasqua eyeliner cake in Mislead
MUFE Metal Color in #2

On the 2nd order I will be getting:
MUFE Kohl pencil in 6k
MUFE Aqua Smokey eye mascara
Philosophy Purity and Hope in a jar
and possibly a BE Matte foundation

Before I get the skincare items can any one speak for or against them?

Camnagem

I placed my first order in an excited hurry and I realized I missed a few items I really wanted. So there will be a part two to this haul
First Order
Illamasqua pure pigment in Alluvium
Illamasqua eyeliner cake in Mislead
MUFE Metal Color in #2

On the 2nd order I will be getting:
MUFE Kohl pencil in 6k
MUFE Aqua Smokey eye mascara
Philosophy Purity and Hope in a jar
and possibly a BE Matte foundation

Before I get the skincare items can any one speak for or against them?
Many people swear by Philosophy's Purity cleanser and HIAJ moisturizer but they just don't work for me and my skin.
ssad.gif

Purity does a very good job at removing make-up effortlessly, but my skin never really felt clean and fresh while using it. They say you don't need to use a toner with it, but I found that to be incorrect for me. I don't love how it smells either, but again...some do. I have quite sensitive skin that leans on the dry side and purity felt almost too rich for me, like there was some kind of build-up happening. After using it for some time I decided to do a test and add in another cleanser to use after purity, and that made a tremendous difference...my skin felt clean and nothing came off with toner on a cotton ball! Now I use the remaining bottles of purity I have to shave my legs, and leave it off of my face.

HIAJ was a much faster fail for me. It made my dry skin super greasy and never sunk in. It just hung out on top of my skin and caused some pretty bad breakouts. Not good for me, and again the smell is...not pleasant.

Skincare is so personal though, and these 2 products work very well for many people. The nice part about Sephora is you're able to try them out and return if they don't work for you. In my experience when a product gets in my head as a "I want to try that!" item, even bad reviews won't dissuade me until I try it for myself. My best advice (even with my bad experiences with both of these products) is to give it a shot and see if you like it, at least you'll know!

genduk26

i'm so upset. i was going to get my package yesterday. but mr. brown never showed up. by 8 pm i checked online my tracking information. it said my package has delivered at 7.14 pm! i searched it everywhere. zero. i called the ups customer service ... bla... bla... they promised to call me back today by 10 am but who knows. then i called sephora customer service. they will send my items again. but some items are already out of stock. :-(

dxgirly

i'm so upset. i was going to get my package yesterday. but mr. brown never showed up. by 8 pm i checked online my tracking information. it said my package has delivered at 7.14 pm! i searched it everywhere. zero. i called the ups customer service ... bla... bla... they promised to call me back today by 10 am but who knows. then i called sephora customer service. they will send my items again. but some items are already out of stock. :-(

Awww that sucks so bad. I'm so sorry sweetie!
ssad.gif

DILLIGAF

Many people swear by Philosophy's Purity cleanser and HIAJ moisturizer but they just don't work for me and my skin.
ssad.gif

Purity does a very good job at removing make-up effortlessly, but my skin never really felt clean and fresh while using it. They say you don't need to use a toner with it, but I found that to be incorrect for me. I don't love how it smells either, but again...some do. I have quite sensitive skin that leans on the dry side and purity felt almost too rich for me, like there was some kind of build-up happening. After using it for some time I decided to do a test and add in another cleanser to use after purity, and that made a tremendous difference...my skin felt clean and nothing came off with toner on a cotton ball! Now I use the remaining bottles of purity I have to shave my legs, and leave it off of my face.

HIAJ was a much faster fail for me. It made my dry skin super greasy and never sunk in. It just hung out on top of my skin and caused some pretty bad breakouts. Not good for me, and again the smell is...not pleasant.

Skincare is so personal though, and these 2 products work very well for many people. The nice part about Sephora is you're able to try them out and return if they don't work for you. In my experience when a product gets in my head as a "I want to try that!" item, even bad reviews won't dissuade me until I try it for myself. My best advice (even with my bad experiences with both of these products) is to give it a shot and see if you like it, at least you'll know!

Thanks for the candid review. I'm looking for skincare because I'm worried my current regime of Clearasil and Oil of Olay is a bit immature. If it aint broke dont fix it. I was on the fence about the skincare items anyway. I'd rather get samples and test it that way.

shewearsMAC

I placed my "skincare" haul but I'm placing my "makeup" order soon!

MUFE aqua cream #2 and maybe #16
MUFE aqua eyes in 6L (dark purple one)

Can someone recommend a primer? I've been using Sephora's anti-shine one but it doesn't work anymore. I think I'm allergic to a certain -cone ingredient and I feel like the Smashbox HD primer will break me out. Is Dr. Brandt pores no more pore refiner good?

Nicala

I placed 3 orders in total!!
shockt.gif

I think my entire paycheck is going to my bill!

In total I got:

UD BOS III
Clinique DDM Gel
TOCCA Giulietta (after smelling/wearing the sample I received in my first purchase!)
Pacifica Tuscan Blood Orange Perfume
Lancome Hypnose
Sephora Lippie Mat 07
Shiseido Bio Performance Serum

Can't remember what else ajsdjandakjsndajksd

honybr

I tried so hard to resist, but alas, I could not. I got NARS Downtown lipgloss, Kat Von D's Hellbent lipgloss, and UD pencil sharpener (only so I could get over $50.00). Great deal though so I don't feel too guilty.

rachelcf

I really want to get a new brush set, but I can't make up my mind on which brand and which set. Any suggestions?

If not a new brush set then I am soo getting the 6 Dashing Lassies Eyeshadows from the new M.A.C holiday collection
cooldude.gif

dxgirly

I did a little Christmas shopping and got my sister Smashbox's Wish palette. Not my cup of tea, but it was on her list, so I think she'll like it

Latest posts