Sephora VIB Holiday Gift Cards!

only1angel

Okay ladies, we've been super excited about the holiday gift cards. Shoot, I've been spending a ton of $$$ without being that upset about it because as the VIB stated, the more you spend, the more your gift card will be. Well I just ran across a website and here's what someone posted (are u girls sitting down before you read this?)

Head's Up: Sephora VIB/BI's to Receive $20 or $15 gift card in mail
Sephora VIB's will receive a $20 Gift Card in the mail - Valid Dec 2 thru 14
Sephora BI's will receive a $15 Gift Card in the mail

You must activate your gift card before using. Here's How:
1. Visit http://www.sephora.com/promo/vib20 for $20 gift card OR http://www.sephora.com/promo/bi15 for $15 gift card by December 14, 2009
2. Enter your gift card number located on the back of your card.
3. Use your activated card at any Sephora store or on sephora.com

$50 minimum purchase required. VALID 12/2/09 - 12/14/09. This is a one-time-use-only gift card valid for one shopping transaction at any Sephora store, sephora.com or Sephora inside JCPenney store only. Apply your complementary promotional $15/20 gift card to one merchandise transaction over $50, and it applies to entire purchase. Offer may not be applied towards previous purchases, eGift certificates, gift cards, shipping or taxes.

V.I.B. status is conferred on those registered Beauty Insider members who spend a minimum of $350 at Sephora (including on Sephora.com) during one calendar year. V.I.B. status is good for the calendar year in which the BI member qualifies and the following calendar year; annual requalification is required.

***Sephora's gift card activation website appears not be active yet***

I hope this isnt the holiday gift card we were promised as VIBs. I've spent almost $2,000(no joke) and all I'm going to get is $20. BIs get $15. Thats just $5 difference!!!!! And not to mention, there's a $50 minimum purchase required. AND I didn't even get this yet, and it starts 2DAY!!!! I'm hoping this isnt the gift card promised, because if it is, I definitely won't be spending as much in the yrs to come! And they clearly stated, the more u spend the more your gift card will be!!!! Someone PLEASE tell me this isn't the one???????

only1angel

Oh and regarding the holiday gift card, has anyone else noticed Sephora's website no longer says "the more you spend, the bigger it is"??? I just noticed that!

sierrao

thats what im sayin! hopefully VIBs get another giftcard later cuz i spent alot of many too. i havent even got this gift card in yet

Gonzajuju

yeah that's kind of BS! I would have spent my money at Nordstrom where I get rewards for buying!

Cocopuff

I am really getting upset, because I have been trying to activate my card all day and I keep getting this same error message,,

Sorry, gorgeous! Our site is currently having a bad hair day (read: experiencing technical difficulties) due to high traffic volumes. We'll be back in action—and perfectly polished—ASAP, so check back with us in a few minutes to continue shopping.

If you have any questions or would like to place an order with one of our Beauty Advisors, please call us at 1.877.SEPHORA (1.877.737.4672) between the hours of 6 am—9 pm PST on Monday—Friday and 7 am—7 pm PST on Saturday and Sunday. Thank you for your patience! We're so sorry for the inconvenience.

I have called customer service and they took my name and number and will call me when I can activate the card. The 14th is coming quickly and that damn beauty blender better be back in stock or I am not getting anything!!!

gabi03

That is disappointing, the whole VIB and spend more get more thing was the main incentive for me purchasing from Sephora. And I haven't gotten my card either...I could have spent my money at Nordies or Macy's which I prefer to do, the customer service is 10x better.

shatteredshards

Ouch!

Also, how was this promo announced? I just realized this is all news to me, that I never got an email about this (seriously, I just looked through my folders) and I've been a BI for almost a year!

abbyquack

I also agree that it was very misleading when they said "the more you spend the bigger it is", and they never mentioned that regular BIs were going to get a GC too- which I don't care that they do, but the way it was worded was that VIBs had exclusive rewards...

...and yea, I'll just stick to my Nordstrom notes
smiles.gif

only1angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabi03
That is disappointing, the whole VIB and spend more get more thing was the main incentive for me purchasing from Sephora. And I haven't gotten my card either...I could have spent my money at Nordies or Macy's which I prefer to do, the customer service is 10x better.

SAME thing with me! I made purchases I probably wouldn't have made or could have made elsewhere, but I figured let me build up my points and get a big gift card!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuki~
This thing starts today...now where the hell is my gift card, Sephora??

I'm wondering the SAME thing!!!!!!! If I don't get mine by 2morrow Im gonna call them! Then again, Im STILL gonna call and complain about the "more u spend the bigger the gc" bull!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbyquack
I also agree that it was very misleading when they said "the more you spend the bigger it is", and they never mentioned that regular BIs were going to get a GC too- which I don't care that they do, but the way it was worded was that VIBs had exclusive rewards...

..and yea, I'll just stick to my Nordstrom notes
smiles.gif

I completely agree!!!! My sis made just a purchase just to get the VIB access and to get the gift card. The fact that BIs get the gc too is gonna make her return what she bought. Considering how much we spend, u would expect we'd get something more, something a little more than what BIs get. They made such a hype about VIBs and there so called "exclusive" rewards. It's ONLY $5!!!!! It should have at least been a $20 difference based on how much u spent. I think they were sneaky b/c they had it up with the whole "the more u spend the bigger it is" , now come holiday time for us 2 get our gift cards that we've been so anxiously waiting for, and now they take it off their site. Thats ridiculous! I lost my respect with sephora now!

only1angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatteredshards
Ouch!

Also, how was this promo announced? I just realized this is all news to me, that I never got an email about this (seriously, I just looked through my folders) and I've been a BI for almost a year!

I think if ur a BI, they might just mail/email u the gift card. They have this promotion every yr. Last yr though, was $15. I got it thru email.
If ur a VIB, they either sent u an email, or when u go to a sephora store, they put a vib sticker on ur sephora card then give u a vib envelope that also had a 10% coupon.

sierrao

grr i was getting excited thinking that im going to get at least a $70 gc, but this is bull was sephora is doing! this makes me wanna return my stuff i just bought, but at least i know wat will happen next year

ElleK7

I haven't gotten my card either.... thats kinda weird they didn't just send out e-mails for it.

shatteredshards

Quote:
Originally Posted by only1angel
I think if ur a BI, they might just mail/email u the gift card. They have this promotion every yr. Last yr though, was $15. I got it thru email.

That's my point though - I never heard any word about this, ever. Because I registered after Holiday 2008, I don't have last year to compare it to. I don't know the terms of the promo, anything.

I'm not a VIB, Sephora gives me too crappy of service to get that much money from me. Did VIBs only get notification? That would explain why I never heard of it. But if BIs are getting rewards, too, then I would think I should've gotten something.

SmokeSignal16

Yeah I declare shanigans! I was soo looking forward to getting like a $50 g/c because I've dropped quite a bit of money there too. I haven't received my gift card either but I will definitely be keeping a look out for it. It's kind of screwy they way they did this saying the more you spend the bigger it is. I know economic times are rough but when you tell your customers to spend more and get that they will get a good return out of it and then fail to follow through your going to screw yourself.. I hope they will realize that!

Meisje

I find the BI program funky in general. I'm often surfing here and hear people talking about F&F or whatever and I don't get emails about it. I signed up a couple of years ago and I rarely get emails (once every 3 or 6 months...?) about the promotions. I think all emails should go out to all BIs --- I'd certainly buy things there more if I was aware of sales, discounts and new products.

Meisje

...I just went to see what was up by trying to log into my BI account and I can't even get the Sephora site to load!

Edit: So I got in there and there's nothing anywhere about a holiday gift card.

Modmom

There's alot of talk and disappointment about this on the Sephora Facebook page too. What's upsetting people is, like you said, they were promised "the more you spend, the more you get" and also that when you have to buy a dollar amount to get the gift, then its not a gift card...its a coupon. I'm still only a BI ($40 to go!), and I think it's wrong that the VIB's only get $5 more than the BI's. I'm in no rush now to make that VIB status I guess.

I do hope they send out emails instead of mailouts (assuming the BI's are getting them...I actually hadn't heard that was happening). Being in Canada, that could take 2 weeks to reach me and by then the deal will be over.

jazm1n3s

I just got an email from Sephora with the $15 gift card (I'm a BI) inside, but you have to purchase minimum of $35, not $50. It doesn't say that I need to activate it, though. Anybody got it too?

Latest posts