Sephora VIB Holiday Gift Cards!

Modmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazm1n3s
I just got an email from Sephora with the $15 gift card (I'm a BI) inside, but you have to purchase minimum of $35, not $50. It doesn't say that I need to activate it, though. Anybody got it too?

That's encouraging that you got it by email! The Sephora admin on fb did mention that it's a min $35 not $50...that the cards got printed with $50 before that change was made (something like that). Good to know that's what's happening.

Meisje

I'm hoping this wil apply to Canadian ladies, too... please post if you're a canuck and you get one of these cards. I will probably get something for myself for Xmas if I get this, woo!

gabi03

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazm1n3s
I just got an email from Sephora with the $15 gift card (I'm a BI) inside, but you have to purchase minimum of $35, not $50. It doesn't say that I need to activate it, though. Anybody got it too?

Yep I just got mine as well, i guess i am a bit less disgruntled that its 35 and not 50 since i wasn't trying to spend 50...

abbyquack

Yay I got an email too
yahoo.gif
I was dreading waiting for it in the mail because my mailing address is far from where I currently live, seeing as I'm kinda a nomad right now
lol.gif
But the $20 off $35 is much more encouraging, as I'd probably spend around that anyways. Still, I think their whole VIB thing is kinda crap...

Edit: I just read on Sephora's Facebook page: Sephora says: ACTUALLY, the VIB gc is good on orders over $35, at the time of print for the mailer (snail mail), the spend wasn't finalized. More for less!

So if you got yours in the mail, it says $50 but will actually work on $35. HTH.

sleepyhead

BOO!!! i'm canadian and there's no gift card option for Canadian checkout, which means it's utterly useless as always.

what does sephora hate us anyways!? no 20% off f&f sale, no free shipping (unless you buy over $120), no gift cards, shipping restrictions on half of the brands, duty on some product. worst of all, they never tell you until you are trying to enter the promo code

and even if this works in Canadian stores, how on earth does it work? it says $20 USD, not CAD. so if i were to buy a nars blush, is it going to be $5, or are they going to charge me $34 CAD - $20 USD = $13CAD. this doesn't make any sense what so ever. why do i even bother shopping at sephora?! grrr

astronaut

I just got the email as well. I'm glad that it's $35 and not $50. I wonder what's happening with the one people got in the mail? I never got mine. Though it would be nice if I could use both
greengrin.gif
I feel for the people who are VIBs and only get a $5 difference. I'd be pretty mad too.

ahhhttack

Yeah, 5 dollars more on a gift card and another 20% off when there's already a general Friends & Family 20% off is really zero incentive to stay a "VIB." And I haven't even got my gift card yet, even though I spent at least $1600 there this year.
Not really a huge deal I guess, something is better than nothing.

shatteredshards

Well, for my not having a clue about this, I just got an email for $15 off of a $35 minimum. There's something about using it in the store, too, so I assume I should get something in the mail? The email's pretty much the opposite of clear on it, so if not for this thread I'd be confused as all heck.

Meisje

S**t, I was really hoping this would apply in Canada! There are a couple of things I really want for Christmas, but can't afford, and if I were to get $15 off...

Oh well!

astronaut

Has anyone gotten both the card in the mail and the email? I never got anything in the mail and I'm assuming the email is to make up for it.

foxxylatina07

I have to agree with the fact that VIB's should get a little bit more than $20. After all the VIB promotions said that "the more you spend the bigger the gc is." I think that it should be reported to the Better Business Bureau because that's false advertisement there and they should know better. Im a VIB too and I havent gotten my gift yet. But I spoke to a CS representative over the phone and she told me that if I dont get it by Sat to give them a call. I hope that I get it before then cuz I wanna get some stuff that I've been eyeing for a bit.

While I do agree that its better than not getting anything at all I still think that its wrong of Sephora to do something like this to their loyal customers. We made this company into what they are today and I feel like they're not taking into consideration that this economy is bad right now and we cant be spending so much on cosmetics. The way I see it is that they're gonna be losing a lot of faithful customers after this, which leaves a bitter taste in their mouthes.

only1angel

foxxylatina07-
I couldn't have said it better myself, I COMPLETELY agree!!!!!!!!!!!

At least what they COULD have done to make VIBs feel more special was that they could have given us 2 gift cards!!!! BIs and VIBs should be completely different, not almost the same. One thing for sure is, after my VIB term is up, I won't be going to great lengths to get it again!

foxxylatina07

^^^ I completely agree too. After my VIB term is up Im not gonna bother trying to get it again. Cuz I feel a bit let down. As I am sure most of you are.

I have to add that yes their return policy is way better than most companies out there and have sales and everything but what got me was this whole VIB hype that they were throwing around saying how much bigger it was gonna be if we bought more and then not follow through. That was just pain 'o wrong in my book. Just my humble opinion.

xKiKix

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxxylatina07
^^^ I completely agree too. After my VIB term is up Im not gonna bother trying to get it again. Cuz I feel a bit let down. As I am sure most of you are.

I have to add that yes their return policy is way better than most companies out there and have sales and everything but what got me was this whole VIB hype that they were throwing around saying how much bigger it was gonna be if we bought more and then not follow through. That was just pain 'o wrong in my book. Just my humble opinion.

totally agree, i feel this whole VIB is a huge disappointment since i barely got any use out of it this year since they were not that much "bonuses"... i never got any special invites or anything to any events. seriously, i'm not even gonna bother getting the VIB status again.

gabi03

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxxylatina07

I totally agree, they're very lax on that return policy but i get the worse service when i return something (sorry if it just isn't gonna work for me so its going back) . Nordstroms return policy is just as good
thmbup.gif

I just wish sephora wasn't the only place I could get MUFE though
thmbdn.gif