Sephora VIB Holiday Gift Cards!

purrtykitty

I guess I'll hafta call and do the same to get the coupon. I don't think I became a VIB until November, either.

tepa1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazm1n3s
I just got an email from Sephora with the $15 gift card (I'm a BI) inside, but you have to purchase minimum of $35, not $50. It doesn't say that I need to activate it, though. Anybody got it too?

I received that e-mail as well.

Ashleybubbles83

i havent gotten any emails or anything in snail mail either...and i think i'm a VIB...but even if i'm not i'm still a BI so that means i at least get the $15 off card...i want to get the new ed hardy women's perfume!!!

Simply Elegant

I got $20 and spent mine yesterday. But they took off 21.16 rather than $20. I spent just over the limit needed to be a VIB so maybe that's where the spend more, get more on the gift certificate came from. Maybe it is based on what you spent.

lenchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxxylatina07
Well since I never got the email I called CS today and they gave it to me by calling the store that I go to and letting them know that I was gonna stop by. So Im happy now. I ended up getting two NARS blushes: Super Orgasm (Such a lovely blush) and Oasis. Came out to 32 bucks!! YAY

I'm a VIB and that's exactly what I had to do to get the coupon. On that note, I must say that I'm unhappy about the way sephora handled the VIB program, very misleading..

MUALindsay

I guess I need to call but I will be TICKED if they tell me I can only use it in store, because I'm almost 3 hours away from a store!

jazm1n3s

I am so upset at myself! I used my $15 gift card this past weekend, and the total came up to about $23. But then i remembered today that I have the Kat Von D tote bag coupon (if you spend above $25). I desperately want it so bad! I could've bought something else to reach $25 minimum, and now i can't
ssad.gif

I called sephora if i can return the stuff and get my gift card back, but they said i can't do it since it's for one-time use only.

My boyfriend thinks i'm crazy for being so upset about a bag. But I'm sure some of you ladies will understand my frustration
ssad.gif

purrtykitty

I called today about not receiving the promotion and was told it was only sent out to "random" members and that there was nothing she could do (I wasn't offered to do an order on the phone to get the promotion, either). The c/s rep apologized for the inconvenience and offered to add 100 points to my beauty bank.

Now if it is really true that the promotion was only sent to "random" members, then I'm a little pissed off. I don't feel like I'm entitled to anything, but if they're going to offer it, then offer it to everyone.

I think I'm going to send them a little e-mail...

Meisje

It's stupid for them to send things randomly and so far, Sephora's handling of the whole VIB / gift card promotion has gotten them more negative chatter on the forums than I've ever read.

astronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazm1n3s
I am so upset at myself! I used my $15 gift card this past weekend, and the total came up to about $23. But then i remembered today that I have the Kat Von D tote bag coupon (if you spend above $25). I desperately want it so bad! I could've bought something else to reach $25 minimum, and now i can't
ssad.gif

I called sephora if i can return the stuff and get my gift card back, but they said i can't do it since it's for one-time use only.

My boyfriend thinks i'm crazy for being so upset about a bag. But I'm sure some of you ladies will understand my frustration
ssad.gif

I made an order and forgot to use the coupon code for the KVD tote too. I emailed Sephora and they said that coupons can only be used at the time of purchase and they can't alter my order. I'm going to try to bring my invoice to the store and see if they'll give me a tote if they have any. Sometimes the SA are pretty nice, at least to me. Wouldn't hurt to try. I made a purchase recently at the store, didn't spend $25 but the SA still gave me a bag
smiles.gif

abbyquack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meisje
It's stupid for them to send things randomly and so far, Sephora's handling of the whole VIB / gift card promotion has gotten them more negative chatter on the forums than I've ever read.

ITA, I think whoever was in charge of organizing this promotion probably did more harm than good for Sephora. It's so disorganized, and even though $15-20 off is better than nothing, I think most of us can agree that their advertising was misleading. I hope they do things a little differently next year.

mae13

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
I called today about not receiving the promotion and was told it was only sent out to "random" members and that there was nothing she could do (I wasn't offered to do an order on the phone to get the promotion, either). The c/s rep apologized for the inconvenience and offered to add 100 points to my beauty bank.

Now if it is really true that the promotion was only sent to "random" members, then I'm a little pissed off. I don't feel like I'm entitled to anything, but if they're going to offer it, then offer it to everyone.

I think I'm going to send them a little e-mail...

What?? That doesn't make ANY sense. Why would they give a gift card/discount to some VIBs and not others? That has to be the stupidest marketing move I've seen in a long time. Are they not aware that people discuss these things on forums like this one, and that this would only inspire more anger than anything else?

shatteredshards

Well, I guess the paper one is the email you print off, I never got anything in the mail. So I went to print off the coupon about 15 minutes ago, to use later when I run some errands, only to find out my family used up all the black ink since I last used the printer, in July.

My coupon printed with everything but the barcodes/numbers needed to use the stupid thing.

*sigh* I wrote them down on the bottom of the coupon, but I can't even call the 800 because it won't be manned by live people until after I'm already out and about in the morning.

Oh well. If they won't cut me a little leeway, I'll just spend my money at Ulta. Again.

jazm1n3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by astronaut
I made an order and forgot to use the coupon code for the KVD tote too. I emailed Sephora and they said that coupons can only be used at the time of purchase and they can't alter my order. I'm going to try to bring my invoice to the store and see if they'll give me a tote if they have any. Sometimes the SA are pretty nice, at least to me. Wouldn't hurt to try. I made a purchase recently at the store, didn't spend $25 but the SA still gave me a bag
smiles.gif

Yea, I went to the store and told the SA that I forgot to use the coupon. She gave me the bag and told me I don't even have to buy more stuff. She was very nice, and I left the store feeling happy
th_DANCE.gif

hhunt2

I first got the $15 card on Dec. 6 via email. That email is on my Sephora.com account. And I've ordered from Sephora's website frequently this year. A few days after, I went in store to use it (everything went fine) BUT the SA didn't say anything about the "100 rewards point freebe". But I had over 200 points before she rung up my items. Bummer!

I get home and notice another $15 card on my other email that recieves mainly junk mail (I think I gave Sephora this paticular email a long time ago thinking they would bomb my account with junk mail).
Then today I receive a "reminder" $15 card email titled "Use it or Lose it" (on the "junk mail" email).

I think it is unfair that Sephora decided to send the email to random people. I remember when Mac was giving out the FREE California Lovin l/s. Only certain people received an email or mailer until someone leaked a "none invite" print out (everyone & anyone was able to print it out!). I was super pissed b/c I didn't a email or mailer, but someone gave me a print out and it worked.

OH, also... has anyone been lucky to recieve the Kat Von D tote bag while using the $15 card??? Considering the K.V.D print out says "Cannot be used in conjunction with other promotion codes". If I'm shopping in store, Im NOT using a promo code.

astronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhunt2
OH, also... has anyone been lucky to recieve the Kat Von D tote bag while using the $15 card??? Considering the K.V.D print out says "Cannot be used in conjunction with other promotion codes". If I'm shopping in store, Im NOT using a promo code.

Well online, you can use the KVD promo code along with the $15 or $20 off because it works pretty much like a gift card while the KVD is a coupon code. Not sure about in store though. Although if you have a nice SA, they'll give you the KVD bag even without the print out. My last Sephora visit, I was making an exchange and I saw the customer next to be get a KVD bag so I said, "Oh, you guys still have the totes?" because I thought it was only for Black Friday. The SA told me that they still have more and she just gave one to me
smiles.gif

shatteredshards

I have to share, I had no problems using my misprinted coupon today.

I had written all of the numbers down, but both an employee on the floor who asked me if i needed any help and the girl who rang me up said they could actually look up my account and see that I had the coupon available, and it was no problem that my coupon didn't print right.

Also, later on when I was taking my purchase out of the bag, I found a sample of some Philosophy body scrub. Not a packet, but one of the decanted samples in a little clamshell, in a little ziplock Sephora baggie. I completely forget they even do that, because I've never been offered one.

The girl who rang me up also tucked a few of the little sample mascara wands in my bag, because I had asked for help in finding a spoolie brush for my brows to discover they only cary one, and it's on a mini double-ended brush with an angled brush on the other end.

It was pretty busy when I walked in, but after that I actually got good service, and I'm surprised. My survey answers this time will be quite the opposite from my last visit.

Latest posts