Sephora VIB Holiday Gift Cards!

foxxylatina07

I haven't gotten mine either. Im not really happy either
angry.gif

coachkitten

Does anyone know if the gift cards are transferrable? I am thinking about giving mine away since I don't think I will use it but I am not sure if I can do that. TIA!

..kels*

I got mine today... and spent it! :p I got the NARS Multiple mini set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten
Does anyone know if the gift cards are transferrable? I am thinking about giving mine away since I don't think I will use it but I am not sure if I can do that. TIA!

I think it has to match up to the BI card that you use. You could always try though?

ahhhttack

Quote:
Originally Posted by labellavita7
You guys are insane! Reporting them to the BBB?? Dude, you're basically getting FREE MONEY and complaining about it. $15-20 off a $35 purchase is amazing, that's like spending nothing. I can't believe it's causing such trouble for you guys, please relax, enjoy the holidays, enjoy the nice coupons you got when you don't even have to be given anything, and happy shopping!!!

I wouldn't report them to the BBB (that basically does nothing anyway) but Sephora built up this VIB thing to be this huge bonus for those who SPEND MORE at their store, even saying that "the more you spend, the more rewards you get." An extra 5 dollars and another 20% when there's already a F&F as a broad "bonus" for VIBs no matter how much you spend isn't exactly a reward. Someone who spends $25 shouldn't get the same "reward" as someone who spends $300, and even someone who spends $300 shouldn't get the same reward as someone who spends $1500.

Basically, it was a misleading way to incentivize people to shop at their store vs. other stores. And not to mention the way they distributed this "reward" is bizarre, as I haven't even gotten one yet. I'm not even mad at the amount anyway, more the false advertising. Whatever, I'll always shop at Sephora, it just kind of irritates me.

only1angel

I still haven't gotten anything! I called customer service and the lady said they are sending them in "waves of emails". She said some names were sent this week and others will be sent during the weekend. She told me to call by Wednesday if I still don't receive anything.

I went on further with her to complain about the VIB gift card "bigger u spend, bigger gc u get" and can u believe she had the nerve to give me an attitude. She said "well u shouldnt complain, u should at least be happy ur getting $15/20!!!!!!!! I said excuse me!!!!!!!! When I asked to speak to her supervisor she hung up on me!!!!!

If I were a BI I would be super thankful about the $15/20. But as a VIB that has spent at least $2000, I'm upset and I have reason to be. Of course us girls that spent so much are pissed. I spent thinking I would get something more in return. I wasnt expecting like a $700 gift card lol, but most certainly something MORE than $20!!!!!!!!!

lojical1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meisje
I find the BI program funky in general. I'm often surfing here and hear people talking about F&F or whatever and I don't get emails about it. I signed up a couple of years ago and I rarely get emails (once every 3 or 6 months...?) about the promotions. I think all emails should go out to all BIs --- I'd certainly buy things there more if I was aware of sales, discounts and new products.

you may have to check your email setting on the sephora website. I know I changed mine to only get special promos/events so that i wouldn't get the 2-3 per week that it seems like they send.

As for the VIB thing, I know my store has had several special events just for VIB's, and in addition to the F&F, there was another week or two where VIBs got another 20% off. I finally got an email for the gift card, and it does not have to be activated in order to use it in store. I guess they are still working out the kinks with VIB, and hopefully it will be better next holiday. I personally didn't spend extra at Sephora just to become a VIB so I'm not taking the $20 off as a slap in the face. Don't take it personal; true they may have hyped it up at the store, but they really didn't know how it would work out either. Having worked in retail, I guess I'm more sensitive about where I direct my rants.

astronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by only1angel

I went on further with her to complain about the VIB gift card "bigger u spend, bigger gc u get" and can u believe she had the nerve to give me an attitude. She said "well u shouldnt complain, u should at least be happy ur getting $15/20!!!!!!!! I said excuse me!!!!!!!! When I asked to speak to her supervisor she hung up on me!!!!!

WTF? I hate it when stuff like that happens!

labellavita7

If you spent $2K on makeup just for VIB status and extra coupons, that's your problem lol As VIBs you get extra monthly promotions anyway, as well as party invites. Technically they aren't lying when they say "the more you spend, the bigger it is" because VIBs get $20 and BIs got $15 haha. I understand you spend a lot there, I also spend a lot, but I don't understand this sense of entitlement, especially in this economy. I thought those coupons were incredibly generous, apparently not!

Dahlia_Rayn

Quote:
Originally Posted by labellavita7
If you spent $2K on makeup just for VIB status and extra coupons, that's your problem lol As VIBs you get extra monthly promotions anyway, as well as party invites. Technically they aren't lying when they say "the more you spend, the bigger it is" because VIBs get $20 and BIs got $15 haha. I understand you spend a lot there, I also spend a lot, but I don't understand this sense of entitlement, especially in this economy. I thought those coupons were incredibly generous, apparently not!

They started the program to promote shpper loyalty, that's great, as shoppers we were loyal. the problem lies in the fact we were misled not that we're entitled, nobody likes to be misled. As a coupon, it is generous, but it IS a coupon. As for the "extra" promotions that VIBs get, well, whenever I tried to get them in store I couldn't or the employees knew nothing about it. Also, the only event any stores in my area ever had were the holiday shopping event. It's also not helpful when the customer service reps are less then helpful, or downright rude.

MzzRach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahlia_Rayn
I am pretty upset about this whole VIB gift card thing, I had my hopes up only to have them completely turned on their head. I would have spent a little less at Sephora this year, and more at Nordstrom's or Ulta, where the rewards are actually a reward and not a coupon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahhhttack
Sephora built up this VIB thing to be this huge bonus for those who SPEND MORE at their store, even saying that "the more you spend, the more rewards you get."

Basically, it was a misleading way to incentivize people to shop at their store vs. other stores.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahlia_Rayn
They started the program to promote shpper loyalty, that's great, as shoppers we were loyal. the problem lies in the fact we were misled not that we're entitled, nobody likes to be misled. As a coupon, it is generous, but it IS a coupon. As for the "extra" promotions that VIBs get, well, whenever I tried to get them in store I couldn't or the employees knew nothing about it. Also, the only event any stores in my area ever had were the holiday shopping event. It's also not helpful when the customer service reps are less then helpful, or downright rude.

Agreed. I think everyone appreciates the fact that they are able to use the coupons and gift cards Sephora has provided (I certainly do) but they did indeed misrepresent the VIB program and mislead VIB Beauty Insider members that they would be entitled to "special rewards at a higher level" than others. That's really the issue - how they marketed this program and misled consumers. Not cool.

Meisje

I do feel like Sephora completely mislead customers and I'm not even a VIB.

I got MUFE waterproof concealer with my $15 off. Otherwise I wouldn't have gotten that, it's a bit pricey at $36/tube (CAN).

foxxylatina07

Exactly MzzRach, ITA. The reason why I made that statement about them being reported to the BBB is because of the misleading information they put out there and then not following through. Yes it is generous of them giving us these GC's, coupons, or whatever it is because they dont have to give us anything at all. But most people feel like they got played. I dont know but since I still havent gotten mine in the mail or in my inbox Im not sure what to think anymore. All I can say is that Im extremely disappointed and this experience has left a sour taste in my mouth.
angry.gif

ahhhttack

Just a quick PSA for VIBs who haven't got their gift card:

I called tonight, and was told that they have completely finished sending out the VIB gift cards. However, the girl said that she could give me a $20 credit to my order if I ordered over the phone. I did that, and everything worked out perfectly. I have to say, regardless of how I feel about Sephora as a whole right now, the CS girls on the VIB hotline were extremely helpful and sweet. So anyway, if you are a VIB and haven't gotten anything, give them a call.

ElleK7

I STILL haven't gotten my e-mail, and I'm a VIB! Grrr, not cool Sephora!

When does this coupon end?

Lucky for me, I only spent over $300 when they had their sale on X-mas gifts. I don't even think I could spend 2 thousand on makeup if I could, lol. (unless I'm a makeup artist, I could understand)

mizuki~

So I called Customer Service earlier and asked them to email me my coupon but they said they can't do that because they're done sending the emails and such. Buuuut we could get our discount/coupon if we buy over the phone or buy in stores and while at the cash register and just tell them you have a coupon/giftcard/discount thing and they will call CS to verify. I'll give the in-store thing a try today and see how it goes. The giftcard thing expires on Dec. 17th by the way

ElleK7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahhhttack
Just a quick PSA for VIBs who haven't got their gift card:

I called tonight, and was told that they have completely finished sending out the VIB gift cards. However, the girl said that she could give me a $20 credit to my order if I ordered over the phone. I did that, and everything worked out perfectly. I have to say, regardless of how I feel about Sephora as a whole right now, the CS girls on the VIB hotline were extremely helpful and sweet. So anyway, if you are a VIB and haven't gotten anything, give them a call.

Thanx! I called them, and they did just that! Really nice service!

She said since I became a VIB member in November I didn't make the E-mail coupon list but said she could do the order over the phone and give me the coupon.

I bought
-UD 24-7 Super Stash Pencils
-UD Liquid Liner in Perversion

Total=$36, sweeet!
th_DANCE.gif

M.A.C.tastic

i got my VIB email a few weeks ago, but I've been a member for a few months so maybe that's why. Honestly, I was just glad to get any kinda of discount esp. $20 of free money because I would have spent money at Sephora regardless. You can't say you spent x amount of dollars because you wanted to be a VIB or get a special discount etc. since then you would end up spending more money rather then saving anything. Anyway, it doesn't matter let's all just be happy we got it.

I spent mine the other day already, I got the Kat Von D rollerballs in Saint and Sinner as well as the Philosophy Cinnamon Buns duo (3 in 1 and Lotion)! Smells amazing!! So excited!

foxxylatina07

Well since I never got the email I called CS today and they gave it to me by calling the store that I go to and letting them know that I was gonna stop by. So Im happy now. I ended up getting two NARS blushes: Super Orgasm (Such a lovely blush) and Oasis. Came out to 32 bucks!! YAY

Latest posts