Shea Moisture COSMETICS!

MAChostage

I am so jealous, Sagehen! I drove to a Target 200 miles away in Birmingham (where my daughter lives) that told me over the phone a couple of weeks ago that they DO carry the cosmetics. I stopped at the Target with such anticipation, went straight to cosmetics and no dice! They do NOT carry the cosmetics. I specifically stated over the phone that I was looking for their new cosmetic line, not their hair or skin products. When I told the girl in the store this, although she was very apologetic, she told me to make sure that I say "makeup" and not "cosmetics" from now on. WTH? There are 5 Targets in the greater Birmingham area and *not one* carries the "makeup." This is ridiculous! :(

beautyjunkie12

I am so jealous, Sagehen! I drove to a Target 200 miles away in Birmingham (where my daughter lives) that told me over the phone a couple of weeks ago that they DO carry the cosmetics. I stopped at the Target with such anticipation, went straight to cosmetics and no dice! They do NOT carry the cosmetics. I specifically stated over the phone that I was looking for their new cosmetic line, not their hair or skin products. When I told the girl in the store this, although she was very apologetic, she told me to make sure that I say "makeup" and not "cosmetics" from now on. WTH? There are 5 Targets in the greater Birmingham area and *not one* carries the "makeup." This is ridiculous! :(
I gave up looking. Wasted so much fuel and time. We have about 8 Targets in our city and not one has the makeup line either. Such a shame because within a one month period I've spent about $400 on cosmetics and if SM had their act together they could've had a huge chunk of my wallet.

MissElle12

I am so jealous, Sagehen! I drove to a Target 200 miles away in Birmingham (where my daughter lives) that told me over the phone a couple of weeks ago that they DO carry the cosmetics. I stopped at the Target with such anticipation, went straight to cosmetics and no dice! They do NOT carry the cosmetics. I specifically stated over the phone that I was looking for their new cosmetic line, not their hair or skin products. When I told the girl in the store this, although she was very apologetic, she told me to make sure that I say "makeup" and not "cosmetics" from now on. WTH? There are 5 Targets in the greater Birmingham area and *not one* carries the "makeup." This is ridiculous!
ssad.gif
Target's website has finally updated so that the products can be purchased online, and the "find in store" option is now functional. The only thing that is still unavailable is the lip crayons, which I'm dying to get my hands on!

MAChostage

I did see a couple of weeks ago where you could buy the stuff on the website but REALLY want to see it in person! One of the Target people told me that the "find in store" feature isn't always very accurate. :(
Target's website has finally updated so that the products can be purchased online, and the "find in store" option is now functional.  The only thing that is still unavailable is the lip crayons, which I'm dying to get my hands on!

Pikahime

I was so excited to see Shea Moisture in the Target right around the corner from me, so I grabbed up a foundation and a powder to use. Unfortunately, the color was too dark and too red for my skin, and I got the second lightest shade there was (the lightest is Porcelain I think). The powder sort of works because it has some yellow/golden undertones, so I use it to set my foundation. However, that doesn't eliminate me from their other products! I'm probably going to swing by and grab some eyeshadows and maybe a lip product or two. I'm glad they have such a wide range for shades darker than me, it's really nice to see.

MissElle12

I did see a couple of weeks ago where you could buy the stuff on the website but REALLY want to see it in person! One of the Target people told me that the "find in store" feature isn't always very accurate.
ssad.gif
That is true...but I guess it's better than nothing. I'm sorry you haven't been able to find it yet.

sagehen

I did see a couple of weeks ago where you could buy the stuff on the website but REALLY want to see it in person! One of the Target people told me that the "find in store" feature isn't always very accurate. :(
That find in store feature isn't always accurate, and it doesn't help when they have the stock but it's not on the floor. Good luck getting someone to help you find it then. Also, the names online are mixed up. For example, Deysi e/s is not brown, like on target.com. It is a teal shade - looks like they have several of the names transposed with different shades. I think I jusdt said the same thing twice. I need caffeine.

MAChostage

Well wouldn't you know it. I found a target just outside of Birmingham, in another city, as I was leaving that does actually have the cosmetics (I just so happened to call them on a whim). I'll be going back in a couple of weeks so I will check it out. But I have to say it again: this is ridiculous!

sagehen

OK, some impressions: I bought a pressed powder which I no longer know the name of because the pan is not magnetized and the magnet that is provided in the palette covers it up (the names of the products are mixed up on the target website, so I dare not guess - Shea Moisture needs to address this), four e/s (Montana, Claudia, Noemi and Alejandra) and two blushes (Casablanca Copper and Altea Sand). Two highlighters too (Vanuatu Nude, Boracay Hibiscus). Today I am wearing: Covergirl Queen liquid foundation (mixed Q725/Q740) with the pressed powder. Lightly contoured with Casablanca Copper blush, used Vanuatu Nude on high plains, Altea Sands as blush. All three of these blended very well over the powder I used to set. I am in love with the highlighter. I have never really understood how it was supposed to look until now. Vanuatu Nude is shimmery, but not glittery, pigmented but not ashy and just the right level of not too subtle/not too obvious . But it is visible. KWIM? When my face is tilted just right the slightest hint of shimmer can be seen. I am thinking about buying another of the Illuminating powders (Havana Sunrise, I think). Also, I am rather impressed by the powder, as it is really holding the oil. With the primer/foundation combo that I have on I would have had to blot by now in this weather. The finish is very nice. Satiny. I used e.l.f. sheer eyeshadow primer and Montana (shimmery nude) on the lids, MAC Shag in the crease and Claudia (dark, cool brown) in the outer v. The shadows blend well, are not patchy and are surprisingly well pigmented. I did not have to pack it on at all. Used the highlighter in Vanuatu nude on browbone. Have been wearing this for a couple of hours now and no creasing, although my first thought is that the shimmery shadows are a little heavy on the shimmer, so be warned if you don't like obvious shimmer. But the shimmer is not glittery, very finely milled, does not make eyes look crepey at all. I am actually pondering picking up the other shimmery shade, even though it is grey and that is not a color I wear much. No detectable fallout from these shadows. Most of the shimmery colors are dupeable, but the mattes are so nice and rich. I like my face today - I keep looking at it, expecting a major fail but so far so good. I think these cosmetics make for a very good, bold nude face. I will try the colorful shadows soon and see how I like them.

NYCBeautyJunkie

I know exactly what you mean Sagehen. There are some great products in the line that do a nice job of enhancing your features in a natural way.

I have Vanuatu Nude, Havana Sunrise, Cinnamon Ceylon, Tortula Tan and Mandalay Dusk (nice for contouring). Yes, I went a lil crazy with illuminating powders. The blush in Casablanca Copper, the CC cream in Dark and the Sheer Foundation in Chincoteague Chestnut. I can honestly say that I like the products, but I'm still test driving them. I do wish they had a matte formula foundation for the warmer weather though.`

sagehen

I know exactly what you mean Sagehen. There are some great products in the line that do a nice job of enhancing your features in a natural way. I have Vanuatu Nude, Havana Sunrise, Cinnamon Ceylon, Tortula Tan and Mandalay Dusk (nice for contouring). Yes, I went a lil crazy with illuminating powders. The blush in Casablanca Copper, the CC cream in Dark and the Sheer Foundation in Chincoteague Chestnut. I can honestly say that I like the products, but I'm still test driving them. I do wish they had a matte formula foundation for the warmer weather though.`
You are about to have me buy all of the illuminating powders - the darker ones, anyway (what shade are you in some other foundation so I can compare us - I want to know about this Ceylon Cinnamon. I would feel fantastic wearing it if it were a good shade for me lol) . I really do like them. Speaking of contouring I was thinking that a couple of the darker powders might be something for me to try. Now that I have tried the pressed powder (it is over 90 degrees and windy here, my eyes are watering and my nose is running, and my face has not faded and I am not oiling up) I know it stays put. It has been about 6 hours now and I am impressed. Adding to my previous thoughts: 1. I like that the illuminating powders come with brushes. I like the brushes. 2. I wish SM had a naming convention so that, for example, whatever shade I am in the liquid foundation I would know to buy in the pressed powder or the wet/dry foundation powder. There is not enough of this overlap.

MissElle12

2. I wish SM had a naming convention so that, for example, whatever shade I am in the liquid foundation I would know to buy in the pressed powder or the wet/dry foundation powder. There is not enough of this overlap.
I have Ceylon Cinnamon, and I love it! I'm NW 45 in MAC

NYCBeautyJunkie

2. I wish SM had a naming convention so that, for example, whatever shade I am in the liquid foundation I would know to buy in the pressed powder or the wet/dry foundation powder. There is not enough of this overlap.
I'm NC 50, I like Ceylon Cinnamon for a warmer, glitzier bronze and Havana Sunrise for a softer, golden look. Both are great!

sagehen

I'm NC 50, I like Ceylon Cinnamon for a warmer, glitzier bronze and Havana Sunrise for a softer, golden look. Both are great!
And now you can share the blame lol! Thanks ladies (seriously) for your enabling. I do look forward to wearing them. Tomorrow it is supposed to hit the triple digits, so I will be matte-to-death. The illuminators will come in handy to add some life back into my complexion.

MAChostage

The Montgomery, AL Target, on Berryhill, has the products. A friend of mine bought some from there this weekend.

jgerber

I personally love Argand'Or USA. To me that's the best moisturizer on the market. I have been using it for the last three weeks on my dry skin and it totally works. My skin feels super soft!!

sagehen

The site has been up and running for some time, but you still can't purchase / see swatches of the cosmetics. It says shop full collection at Target.