Smashbox

slick

I think Smashbox are a very decent brand. A little overpriced IMO (check ebay for awesome prices) but decent. I would say that their Soft Lights highlighters are must-haves, they are totally awesome! Love their blushes too, I have a collection of the older screw-top shades which I use frequently :) I've also heard good things about their eyeshadows too but haven't given them a try yet.

loveoontherocks

hey slick! i just received an order from sephora in the mail the other day. i purchased smashbox's jet set waterproof eye liner in starstruck. i think it looks so pretty as a base for my eyeshadow. anyways, that purchase has inspired me into looking at other products the company has. thanks for the recommendations =D!

RetroPinup

I think we should make this the Smashbox thread! I got the brow to go and love love love it! I can't wait til I finish my foundation so I can try Smashbox, the shade they have matches me better!

loveoontherocks

that's really exciting about the foundation shade! i really want to try to the Soft Lights highlighters like slick suggested! Have you tried them retropinup?

Mercurial

I like Smashbox, they have some excellent products. Softlights are nice highlighters, and the Halo powder is becoming one of my favourites - my skin is left glowing and looks perfect (when really it isn't!). The collections tend to be worth a look too.

loveoontherocks

hey mercurial! can you tell me about the halo powder? I am unsure exactly what it does. Its a yellow powder right? Do you use this as a foundation?

elegant-one

I LOVE a lot of the Smashbox products! Jetset liners, shadow liners, Halo powder is great, their new Lip Enhancing Mega Gloss (may be only QVC right now) is absolutely amazing!!! I also really like a couple colors of the lip tech. Their eyeshadows are always modern up to date & very nice. Their palettes are cheap too, I think.

One of my favorites is the double ended lip pencil in Glossimer.

loveoontherocks

you guys are giving me a ton of great suggestions! can't wait to check them out in person at Sephora over the weekend =]

Modmom

Jet set liner in Black is my every day cream liner. Love it. I only have one shadow (Shell) and unfortunately it makes my eyes itch. But I think its because of the fallout, not because of any allergy. I love the brand

MissPanther

I love Smashbox's jet set eyeliner (as many others here do), as well as their brushes. Comparing between MAC brushes and Smashbox brushes, I find the natural hairs from Smashbox brushes (I believe they are made from Inu hair? I can't remember specifically, but one of my friends said they had a Himalayan horse farm that they harvest their tail/mane hair from... Either that or they were just making it up (−_−;)), are very soft on my skin. I always get a bit of a break out with MAC brushes, and Quo brushes are the death of my soul... So I'd have to say these are my best bet :)

mmarlbo

I tend to forget about Smashbox (don't really know why!) but their Softlights are excellent as highlighters. Also their blushes are wonderful.

thiscarmen

Smashbox is a pretty decent brand, and in the grand scheme of things, they do tend to be a little bit on the pricier side. Things that they do well in are: shadows, brushes, lipgloss, lipsticks, Softlights in Shimmer.
A lot of the other stuff, I find though, lack in quality compared to other brands. A lot of people love their Photo Finish Primer, and while it definitely works on a lot of people, it breaks me out. And I would kinda be weary of using their foundations and stuff too, because they are a photography company, and their foundations are meant to last under hot lights and stuff like that...and really, just for photoshoots that are a couple hours long. Probably not too good if you wear it everyday and you're not diligent with removing your makeup.

OH and their mascaras suck too lol.

MissPanther

I actually found that I liked their one mascara called "Lash DNA" a LOT more than I liked MAC's "Haute and Naughty" lash. It just gives so much more definition than Haute and Naughty, and it builds a lot better than Studio Fix Lash for me.

The one thing I definitely go to Smashbox for is their primers -- according to the cosmetician, Smashbox came out with the first primers. Is that true? Well all I know is that I LOVE their primers. I find that their "blend" primer doesn't really do it for me though. It apparently evens out skin tone so that any brown splotches you may have on your face won't be that noticeable, but I find it doesn't really make much of a difference. Could it be that me using a sponge with my primer is a bad idea?

katelyn0

Smashbox spring 2011 "in bloom" collection is gorgeous!! I bought the eye palette today! Sooooo pretty and a great value for your $. Paid $55 CAD (it's $48 USD i believe) for 10 shadows. Love it.

Lyssah

I recently got into smashbox. I love Blush Rush: Chiffon, Lipgloss - Pout, Jet Set waterproof liner, Softlights (highlight is an awesome one), and Bronze lights :)

JennsJewelz

I used the primer for a long time and loved it, but I'm almost out and I'm slowly switching to MAC's Prep+Prime instead. I loved that they came in travel sizes, though, and their boxed sets are a great way to try out some products. While they are bit pricier, I can get mine at Shopper's Drug Mart here in Canada, so I get tonnes of Optimum Points or can use my Optimum Points to get some of the more expensive products for cheaper. I also love the soft lights and eyeshadows, and I really love the one lipstick I own from them - Charming, I think.

futurestrength

I am a smash box primer addict! And I loved their brow duo too, I really want to try some of their powders though, their bronzer is phenomenal though! So nicely pigmented!

LoveStoned

Anybody used the Smashbox Bronze Lights Bronzer?
I've just ordered Suntan Matte shade, which is the darker one, and I'm hoping of using it this summer, to match the color of my face to the color of my body (because it's usually 2 or even 3 shades lighter when I get a tan
blah.gif
). I'm just hoping it's going to me "matte", a the name says.