Stila FOLDS/ Files Bankruptcy

Status
Not open for further replies.

FemmeFatale

Hi All, have a friend who works for stila in the corporate offices here in NYC and just let me know today they are no more. They folded and shut down, that is why they were having all those crazy sales on hautelook.com and gilt groupe!

Just thought I would let you all know if there is anything you all love I would start stocking up now!!
yes.gif

FemmeFatale

Quote:
Originally Posted by moopoint
Wow.
RIP Stila. We will miss you
ssad.gif

Crazy right? Too bad because I really enjoy some of thier shadows.

BeccalovesMAC

awww I'll drink one to stila this weekend when I go out. DAyum didnt they come out with the barbie stuff too? dayum that stinks

HeatherLouWho

Shut. Up. What am I going to do for lipgloss????? Bronzer that doesn't sparkle??? Super cheap gift sets??? I am sorry, a world without kitten just is not the kind of world I want to live in....

MzzRach

Wow. Sorry to hear that. That line has some great products, and a world with no Kitten eyeshadow? Say it isn't so.

allThingsGirl

wow. that's crazy. i didn't care that much for stila because i am ocd and like all my stuff from a couple brands -- but i do remember their e/s as great qualiity!!

FemmeFatale

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
Who?

j/k

ha true but still its sad, the recession is hitting retail, fashion and beauty hard in the city. I was never a huge fan of stila other than the e/s. I met Jeanine Lobell quite a few times.

User38

ssad.gif
RIP -- a product of the economy. Too bad they had great products but it's a cruel world now for non essential business. Too many brands, fewer buyers.

FemmeFatale

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzzRach
Wow. Sorry to hear that. That line has some great products, and a world with no Kitten eyeshadow? Say it isn't so.

Kitten and starlight
choochoo.gif

I guess i will stock up on a few of those, there will be major price reductions soon.

euphrosyne_rose

This really sucks!! I literally just bought their pressed powder foundation and the Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer and LOVE both!! I guess I'd better stock up too!! Any idea if they will be having sales at Sephora on the stuff?? That's the only place around me that I can get this brand.

FemmeFatale

Quote:
Originally Posted by euphrosyne_rose
This really sucks!! I literally just bought their pressed powder foundation and the Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer and LOVE both!! I guess I'd better stock up too!! Any idea if they will be having sales at Sephora on the stuff?? That's the only place around me that I can get this brand.

I am sure Sephora will be slashing prices soon. i know you can get it on Ulta. Also check Hautelook.com, I know they were havin a sample sale on it. Def stock up if you are in love with the brand.

NeonKitty

Now we know why MAC is coming out with so aggressively with attractive launches, it has to be done just to survive in this market. There is less collective expendable income for cosmetics so there's bound to be more fighting over the remaining consumer base.

gigiopolis

Well hold on here - filing for bankruptcy does not always mean the closing down of a line of cosmetics. Granted, this isn't good news for the company, but until we hear an official statement that Stila won't be making products anymore, period, then I wouldn't freak out just yet.

...I REALLY HOPE they'll still be around in July when the first Sephora store opens in Vancouver.

Status
Not open for further replies.