Stila FOLDS/ Files Bankruptcy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziya

I agree! It would be more convenient
greengrin.gif
I've always wanted to try their kohl pencil. Have you been to Beauty Mark, Gigiopolis? they sell Stila there...so we don't have to walk by the Sephora construction all drooly
greengrin.gif
oh wait, that was me....:$ LOL
Are you coming to the Canadian Makeup Show btw? BlindPassion and I are meeting up for it!! You should come too
greengrin.gif

astronaut

And they haven't launched their summer collection yet...

Honestly, I saw it coming that something like this was going to happen. Stila was always going on sale on beautycrunch and at Nordstroms Rack, to prices that were even cheaper than drugstore cosmetics. Also, their marketing just isn't that great in my opinion. I think with a lot of their products, are too "safe". Most of the eyeshadows aren't that pigmented and cater to folks who like their eyeshadows to be sheer.

As I was scrolling down, I thought, "Yeah, I saw this coming... good thing there isn't anything I.... OMG STILA SMUDGEPOTS!" Those are my HG! Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

FemmeFatale

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigiopolis
Well hold on here - filing for bankruptcy does not always mean the closing down of a line of cosmetics. Granted, this isn't good news for the company, but until we hear an official statement that Stila won't be making products anymore, period, then I wouldn't freak out just yet.

...I REALLY HOPE they'll still be around in July when the first Sephora store opens in Vancouver.

Of coure filing chapter 11 doesnt automatically mean you are closed. I know for a fact they closed thier corporate offices and are aggresivley liquidating now through third party ff selling websites. THAT means they are closing. Plus I have a friend at corp offices.

Obvioulsy, stila reps are going to say they are "reassessing" they always say that untill they sell of thier final inventory. We will see though...
th_dunno.gif

gigiopolis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziya
I agree! It would be more convenient
greengrin.gif
I've always wanted to try their kohl pencil. Have you been to Beauty Mark, Gigiopolis? they sell Stila there...so we don't have to walk by the Sephora construction all drooly
greengrin.gif
oh wait, that was me....:$ LOL
Are you coming to the Canadian Makeup Show btw? BlindPassion and I are meeting up for it!! You should come too
greengrin.gif

I've never been but I know where it is. As soon as I have the time I'm gonna go check it out...especially hearing the news. LOL @ drooling by the Sephora construction site. I try to avoid that side of Pacific Centre whenever I'm downtown because it makes me all drooly as well XD.

I really wanted to go to the Makeup Show, but unfortunately I've got an English paper to finish writing this weekend =_= Maybe next year? Hope you guys have fun though.
winks.gif

radarlove

What a bummer. Barefoot Contessa is such a gorgeous eyeshadow and I really like their lip glazes. Not an essential brand for me though.

AppleDiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by astronaut

Honestly, I saw it coming that something like this was going to happen. Stila was always going on sale on beautycrunch and at Nordstroms Rack, to prices that were even cheaper than drugstore cosmetics. Also, their marketing just isn't that great in my opinion. I think with a lot of their products, are too "safe". Most of the eyeshadows aren't that pigmented and cater to folks who like their eyeshadows to be sheer.

As I was scrolling down, I thought, "Yeah, I saw this coming... good thing there isn't anything I.... OMG STILA SMUDGEPOTS!" Those are my HG! Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I said the same thing. I also noticed that Stila was bundling products that were worth 100s$$$ for like 40 and 50 bucks. That was a red flag to me.

*So I guess we shall see what the real deal is soon enough. I do like Stila brushes.

Reenie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FemmeFatale
Hi All, have a friend who works for stila in the corporate offices here in NYC and just let me know today they are no more. They folded and shut down, that is why they were having all those crazy sales on hautelook.com and gilt groupe!

That's funny since Stila doesn't have a corporate office in NYC. Also Dior has had sales on Hautelook.

I'm sure someone else has already mentioned this but the rumor is FALSE. I just got off the phone with Danielle at Stila and there is no bankruptcy.

Anyone who would post this information before getting confirmation from the company should be ashamed of themselves.

By the way, the Stila Summer collection will launch the beginning of May.

I hope that helps.
smiles.gif

mae13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reenie
That's funny since Stila doesn't have a corporate office in NYC. Also Dior has had sales on Hautelook.

Not to mention the fact that beautycrunch also features stock from several other beauty brands. These secondary sellers are a way for a company to legitimately sell off backstock, especially of older collections. Like the way L'Oreal does warehouse sales, or Estee Lauder sells older stock via CCOs.

Stila's presence at these sites is not, in and of itself, an indicator of where they are financially. They may or may not be downsizing or refinancing or whatever, but it's a big leap to go from selling off old stock to bankruptcy.

(As for the site being down, it's been down before when they've done some major restructuring. It's hardly unusual. Or they might have a bug in their system, which is also why orders placed on certain days may have been compromised and therefore had to be cancelled.)

KeshieShimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by astronaut

I also hate that in their best of stila collections they only have the foundations in non-brown girl friendly colors. annoying.

enigmatic

The company has been contacted personally and they're not going out of business. I don't know what to think about this post. I can't figure out if maybe your friend was misinformed or if this was purposely just to start a rumor. I'm not trying to attack the OP, promise. It just doesn't make much sense.

Ziya

The OP was just trying to help!! Ok maybe there was a miscommunication, now we don't have to worry about all our fav colors and products
greengrin.gif

...Live happily ever after...The End.

RoseMe

Even thought the information was false, I think the poster simply wanted to help us (consumers) out with the unvalidated information. There is no need to be upset about it. I am glad that the misunderstanding has been removed. I love Stila too!

GlamQueen21

I'm glad that Stila is not going out of business because there are lots of Stila lovers out there and I've heard that their products are amazing.

xxManBeaterxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reenie

Reenie is right. I was researching on google and their only and main coporate office is in glendale, CA. I saw it on the cached threads on stila's website.

But why would the OP lie? Maybe she ment another office?

GlamYOURUs

OMG! No wonder there site hasn't been working for a week or two, it says 'routine maintenance'
ssad.gif
This makes me sad! I thought they were a great brand and doing great. WOW can you imagine MAC giving us this horrid news? You really never know!

Status
Not open for further replies.