Strange metal pans- could these e/s be fake?

julie150463

Here we go ladies - the letter from MAC
S1051733.jpg

Very frustrating! I sent 2 ridged pans and one smooth and although they've not actually said the ridged are fake what do you all think? A confirmation by omission at best...... to quote a dear friends thoughts on the subject.

Why couldn't they just say what they meant?

Julie

elleread

Funnily enough I just got a response to the email I'd sent to them a week or more ago regarding the ridged pans. It is quite possibly the most unhelpful reply ever:

"Thank you for taking the time to contact M.A.C.

In response to your inquiry, we do not recommend that our consumers attempt
to remove our products (Powder Blush or Eyeshadow) from its original
packaging. If you would like to make an Eyeshadow Palette or Blush
Palette, these items are available in the necessary packing at all M.A.C
retail locations. For any further questions, kindly contact us at
1800-387-6707, option 7.

Thank you for this opportunity to respond to your concerns. We hope you
will continue to enjoy and have confidence in our quality products."

Useless! I wonder why they seem to want to evade the direct question we're putting to them?

julie150463

Quote:
Originally Posted by elleread
Funnily enough I just got a response to the email I'd sent to them a week or more ago regarding the ridged pans. It is quite possibly the most unhelpful reply ever:

"Thank you for taking the time to contact M.A.C.

In response to your inquiry, we do not recommend that our consumers attempt
to remove our products (Powder Blush or Eyeshadow) from its original
packaging. If you would like to make an Eyeshadow Palette or Blush
retail locations. For any further questions, kindly contact us at
1800-387-6707, option 7.

Thank you for this opportunity to respond to your concerns. We hope you
will continue to enjoy and have confidence in our quality products."

Useless! I wonder why they seem to want to evade the direct question we're putting to them?

What's wong with a simple yes or no?

They may advise people not to depot the products but surely they must know people do - there are tutorials all over the internet.

A simple answer would end all the uncertainty and then perhaps we could all get on with our lives without the fear that we could be using potentially dangerous iproducts.

I surrender!

stingray

Quote:
Originally Posted by julie150463
what do you all think? A confirmation by omission at best...... to quote a dear friends thoughts on the subject.

My thoughts are that if MAC say their shadows are "manufactured with a smooth underside" it strongly implies they mean ALL their shadows, or they would have said that some come with ridges on them if that were the case.

I'm taking that to mean that the shadows with ridges are fake. Also, we have those other traits we've seen on all the fakes and that we've never seen on any of the real shadows.

rockin

Quote:
Originally Posted by elleread
If you would like to make an Eyeshadow Palette or Blush
retail locations.

Not strictly true, though is it? I thought the empty palettes and the shadows/blushers without the plastic pots were only available from Pro stores, not all MAC stores?

elleread

No, the palettes and pan refills are available at stand-alone stores (not counters) as well as Pro stores.
I'm lucky to have one here in Nottingham, so I can get palettes and refills easily. I'm definitely going to just do that in future as it's much cheaper - £7.50 for an eyeshadow instead of £10. And since I'm avoiding Ebay now I've got to save a few pennies somewere!
smiles.gif

I'm still pretty disappointed in the response from MAC though- I agree with julie150463- what's wrong with a simple yes or no??

rockin

Thanks for that - I had assumed that since they weren't available online from the regular MAC site, only the Pro site, it would be the same in the shops.

I don't have a MAC shop anywhere near me, unfortunately
ssad.gif