The all new shop your stash challenge!

Vixstar

That's actually an awesome challenge... I'm quite sure I have an alphabet full one way or the other... Q and X, as usual, will be the problems. Fortunately, Mac has so many odd names that I probably do have some kicking around somewhere...
Glad you like it! Thinking about it, it's probably a good idea. I've got Q definitely, Quietly pigment or Queen Bee lipglass spring to mind. I recently gave away my X-S lipstick, it's the only one I can think of for X, but I'd let you off anyway ;)

katred

Specktra Bestie
Well, I've started off with "A" today. I was surprised that I actually managed to shop my stash to get all the colours I used starting with the letter "a". I put a new page on my blog to track this:

http://morelikespace.blogspot.com/p/colour-by-letters.html

I used:

Eyes
All races [on lid]
Anti-Establishment [outer crease]
Almond Icing [highlight]
Altered State [outer corner and inner crease]
+ blacktrack fluidline, smolder e/k and YSL Faux Cils mascara

Cheeks
Amazon Princess blush
Azalea Blossom blush

Lips
All's Fair l/s
Aleydis l/g

Vixstar

Well, I've started off with "A" today. I was surprised that I actually managed to shop my stash to get all the colours I used starting with the letter "a". I put a new page on my blog to track this:

I used:

Eyes
All races [on lid]
Anti-Establishment [outer crease]
Almond Icing [highlight]
Altered State [outer corner and inner crease]
+ blacktrack fluidline, smolder e/k and YSL Faux Cils mascara

Cheeks
Amazon Princess blush
Azalea Blossom blush

Lips
All's Fair l/s
Aleydis l/g
I love it - that's a gorgeous look on you :)
I'm also amazed that you managed to use so many 'A's! I shall have to see if I can start working my way through my alphabet too. That would involve sorting out my make up of course....

katred

Specktra Bestie

Thanks! I'm glad you liked it! I'm actually finding that every time I go through what I have in certain letters, it makes me think of about six things I want to try, but I can't do them all at once. I hope that you can join in- this would be even more fun with more people doing it!

As for today... GIMME A "B"!!

Here's my "b" look:

Products used (Mac unless otherwise noted):

Eyes- Birds & Berries e/s, Blue Edge e/s, Bobbi Brown Black Sparkle e/s, Black Swan e/l
Cheeks- By Candlelight MSF, Blooming blush
Lips- Beigeland l/s, Bubble Lounge gelee

I know that sooner or later, I'm just going to have to choose a couple of elements that I want with the "letter of the day" because I won't have things that go together... But in the meantime, it's working pretty well...

Vixstar

Thanks! I'm glad you liked it! I'm actually finding that every time I go through what I have in certain letters, it makes me think of about six things I want to try, but I can't do them all at once. I hope that you can join in- this would be even more fun with more people doing it!
As for today... GIMME A "B"!!

Here's my "b" look:

Products used (Mac unless otherwise noted):

Eyes- Birds & Berries e/s, Blue Edge e/s, Bobbi Brown Black Sparkle e/s, Black Swan e/l
Cheeks- By Candlelight MSF, Blooming blush
Lips- Beigeland l/s, Bubble Lounge gelee

I know that sooner or later, I'm just going to have to choose a couple of elements that I want with the "letter of the day" because I won't have things that go together... But in the meantime, it's working pretty well...
I shall definitely be joining you from tomorrow (I have the day off and hopefully the chance to sort out my stash :) I might join you at "C".

Another lovely look, you're really lucky that both cool and warm tones really suit you. :)

katred

Specktra Bestie
Well, after getting a little side-tracked, I managed to get both D and E done. D turned out to be a NARS-fest... It's weird, because I don't have that many NARS products, but an inordinate number of them seem to start with D. I seriously cannot recommend the Dogon e/s duo strongly enough. It is so beautiful!!!

Today, predictably enough, I ended up using Electric Eel e/s and Electric Fuchsia l/g- one of my favourite glosses that Mac has ever done.

Still tracking the results here:

I think tomorrow, I'm going to go for something subtle to offset the brightness of today.

Icecaramellatte

I wasn't sure if I should post this here or in the old thread but I decided to try and work on using all the stuff I bought in last year's spring & summer (Spring Color Forecast & To the Beach mostly) collections.

Eyes:
Spring Color Forecast Color 3 Quad
-Mink Pink all over
-Bruised Plum on the lid
Chanel Perlees de Chanel quint metallic purple color in the outer v
Charred Mauve Greasepaint Stick thin line on upper lash line and bottom outer corner
Designer Purple Pearlglide eyeliner on top of Charred Mauve

Cheeks:
Azalea Blossom blush ombre

Lips
Purple Rage l/g (light coat)

littlepickle

That sounds like a lovely look, icecaramellatte, and love the alphabet challenge Katred! That was a great idea vixstar!

I'm 37 1/2 weeks pregnant now and haven't been playing much with make up - did take a few pics for the stash challenge that I must pop on here but have been preoccupied with nesting! :)

No pic today but I went with...

Face: Studio Sculpt NC15, Select Cover-Up NC15, Clinique Iced Lotus blush, MAC Porcelain Pink MSF
Eyes: Lime Crime Primer, MAC Rubenesque Paint Pot, Dazzleray pigment all over lid, Vanilla pigment in inner corner, Australis liquid liner, Estee Lauder Sumptuous mascara
Lips: Strange Potion L/G

Hope everyone is well :)

katred

Specktra Bestie
Icecaramellatte- That sounds gorgeous! Like you, I find I've been going back to the SCF collection quite a bit lately. You really can't beat it for versatility. I feel like that collection spoiled me and inflated my expectations from Mac.

LP- I think you have a good enough reason not to be preoccupied with makeup. When is your official due date?

I wasn't sure if I should post this here or in the old thread but I decided to try and work on using all the stuff I bought in last year's spring & summer (Spring Color Forecast & To the Beach mostly) collections.

Eyes:
Spring Color Forecast Color 3 Quad
-Mink Pink all over
-Bruised Plum on the lid
Chanel Perlees de Chanel quint metallic purple color in the outer v
Charred Mauve Greasepaint Stick thin line on upper lash line and bottom outer corner
Designer Purple Pearlglide eyeliner on top of Charred Mauve

Cheeks:
Azalea Blossom blush ombre

Lips
Purple Rage l/g (light coat)

littlepickle

June 12th, so not long to go now!

This is from early last week, hopefully my memory serves me well :)

Face: Studio Sculpt NC15, Select Cover-Up NC15, Fleur Power blush, Perfect Topping MSF
Eyes: Lime Crime Primer, MAC Bare Canvas paint, Lorac Croc Palette - all shades except matte brown, Australis liquid liner, Estee Lauder Sumptuous mascara, Ardell Demi Pixies
Lips: Flurry of Fun lipglass

And this is from Monday:

Face: Studio Sculpt NC15, Select Cover-Up NC15, Dollymix blush
Eyes: Lime Crime Primer, MAC Rubenesque Paint Pot, Naked Pigment all over lid, Vanilla pigment as highlight, Australis liquid liner, Estee Lauder Sumptuous mascara
Lips: Petals & Peacocks L/S

katred

Specktra Bestie
Wow! I cannot get over how nice Petals & Peacocks looks with your green eyes. Just lovely. And you've reminded me that I really need to pull that shade out again.

Glad to see that between you and Lou posting her favourite glosses, Flurry of Fun is getting lots of love. I reached letter "F" today, so I pulled mine out as well... It truly is a beautiful shade and, to me, it's a perfect example of something Mac does exceptionally well: Take a good shade that works for a variety of skin tones and change it up to make it a little more exciting (in this case, the teal shimmer). Very few companies seem to pull those unexpected twists and every time Mac does, the result seems to be something that causes a stampede. This gloss was a great example.

Here's what I wore today, brought to you by the letter "F".

Eyes- Fashion e/s, Free to Be e/s (NOT the coral one, but the original, stunning grey-green shade from the Free to Be quad in 2005), + Black Swan eye liner, Knight Divine e/s (on the lower lid), YSL Faux Cils mascara
Face- Christian Dior Hydrating Concealer (it has a way longer name, but I'd have to go get the container to see it), Lush Colour Supplement "Jackie Oates" (This is my first experience with this product and I'm pretty impressed, but DEAR GOD LOOK AT MY FRECKLES ALREADY... AAAAAHHHH!!! Sorry, I have still not adjusted to how freckly I get as soon as we start getting sun.)
Lips- Fresh Salmon l/s + Flurry of Fun l/g

Here's a couple of pics:

And my continuing blah blah on the whole experiment:

Icecaramellatte

Great minds think alike. I wore Flurry of Fun yesterday too!

Eyes
Dalliance all over
dark green grey color from Chanel Perlees de ??? Quint in outer V
Then I started thinking I didn't have enough Spring Colors on so I added a bit of Sweet and Punchy to the middle of the lid. I was also wearing a green top today. I wanted to pick a green that was close to my top but I went with this one.
Bankroll pearlglide on upper lash line
I have quite a few green liners and I thought this missed the mark but by the time I finished I liked the whole look.

Cheeks
Marine Life
*edit- Forgot I used Refined Golden from To the Beach too - It's been so long since I've used it I couldn't remember which brush to use. I used #187 and I used it in dark lighting. Oops maybe a bit more sun than I wanted but it still looked good.
Lips
Thrills lipstick with Flurry of Fun

I have Fresh Salmon so maybe next time I'll try the Fresh Salmon/Flurry of Fun combo.

I ended up at the CCO yesterday and I saw Lime eyeshadow. I was so tempted to buy it because it matched my shirt.
Glad to see that between you and Lou posting her favourite glosses, Flurry of Fun is getting lots of love. I reached letter "F" today, so I pulled mine out as well... It truly is a beautiful shade and, to me, it's a perfect example of something Mac does exceptionally well: Take a good shade that works for a variety of skin tones and change it up to make it a little more exciting (in this case, the teal shimmer). Very few companies seem to pull those unexpected twists and every time Mac does, the result seems to be something that causes a stampede. This gloss was a great example.

Here's what I wore today, brought to you by the letter "F".

Eyes- Fashion e/s, Free to Be e/s (NOT the coral one, but the original, stunning grey-green shade from the Free to Be quad in 2005), + Black Swan eye liner, Knight Divine e/s (on the lower lid), YSL Faux Cils mascara
Face- Christian Dior Hydrating Concealer (it has a way longer name, but I'd have to go get the container to see it), Lush Colour Supplement "Jackie Oates" (This is my first experience with this product and I'm pretty impressed, but DEAR GOD LOOK AT MY FRECKLES ALREADY... AAAAAHHHH!!! Sorry, I have still not adjusted to how freckly I get as soon as we start getting sun.)
Lips- Fresh Salmon l/s + Flurry of Fun l/g

ElvenEyes

The heat has kept me from being overly creative! But here is my FOTD!

Face:
MUFE HD Foundation in 115
Clinique Quick Corrector
NARS Laguna
NARS Angelika Blush
Maybelline Dream Matte Powder in Light

Eyes:
Dior 6 Colour Palette Iridescent Petal Shine
UD 24/7 Glide On Pencil Bourbon
CoverGirl Lash Blast Black

Lips:
MAC Bust Out

And, of course, I had to get funky...

Icecaramellatte

I haven't posted because I bought 2 Lancome quads (first time buying these) and have been using those. I also didn't really use any of my spring colors from last year but I did use some eyeshadows today I haven't used in ages.

Eyes
Bamboom Paint - just bought this after being out of it for a few years. I tried Paint Pots but I'm now back to my fave everyday base color.
Prance Mega Metal eyeshadow all over lid
My Dark Magic mineralize eyeshadow duo - dark purple in the outer V
Almost Noir Pearlglide eye liner

Cheeks
Two Virtues Mineralize Blush

Lips
Lancome Femme Fi lipstick - light warm toned pink color

Vixstar

WOW, I have been mega busy! Barely time to think... sorry to not have been around. I've actually been using lots of long-neglected bits from my stash, but not taking any pictures (bad me). I promise to do better!

Today I'm even having a lazy day and using a couple of eyeshadows from my Sleek Storm palette (this does really well as they poor girl's Naked palette). I will be a good girl tomorrow and wear something new, I promise!

Icecaramellatte

Today I'm still playing with the Mega Metals. Why didn't I buy all of these?

Eyes
Dalliance (warm neutral color) all over the lid
Ego (dark shimmer green) in the crease
Tarnish eye liner on upper lash line

Cheeks
Enough Said blush

Lips
Lancome Oh My lipstick. I haven't done a side by side test yet but this is very much like the now defunct Honeyflower lipstick. Has this color been to the CCO's yet?

katred

Specktra Bestie
I decided to go really summery with a collection from last Fall...

Eyes
Prized as highlighter
Skintone 2 on lid
Burmese Beauty in crease
Orange colour from Guerlain Terre Indigo palette on inner corners
On the Hunt superslick liquid liner
YSL faux cils mascara

Cheeks
Marine Life
Truth & Light Magically cool liquid powder (I find that mine isn't so magically cool or liquid anymore)

Lips
Double Dare Cremesheen glass

littlepickle

I love this look so much Debi! Bust Out looks divine on you!

No stash shopping for me today, and I've been wearing very little make up since I finished work and started maternity leave last Wednesday. I did pull out MAC's Coral Polyp lipstick yesterday, which is one of my fave coral lippies, to get in a bright and cheerful mood & pick up Surf Baby goodies. Of course this means today I'm wearing Hibiscus & My Paradise! :) I must try to make time for myself to put on make up once baby Noel is here. It's amazing how much it lifts my mood when I'm feeling as grumpy as I have been this week!

Even though it's not a stash shop at all, I'm going to spam the thread with today's look anyway - cause I'm a rebel!! ;) And I know you lovely ladies will forgive me!

<--- Giant 9 month prego belly, Wesley the cat - and no arms! :O