The all new shop your stash challenge!

katred

Specktra Bestie
LP- Thanks for reminding me that I missed out on Coral Polyp...
cry.gif
I have no idea why, but I was really averse to bright colours that season, so I passed on both that and Gardenia, although now I can't figure out why.

Debi- Bust Out suits you perfectly. Purple/ lilac shades really do seem to be magic on you.

I'm kicking myself for not getting pictures, but I did a decent "sunset" look last night (I was in a hurry to get to a show, hence the lack of photography)...

Eyes:

Going Bananas e/s [inner corner]
Sun Blonde e/s [middle lid]
Sushi Flower e/s [outer lid]
Inglot #495 e/s- red with gold shimmer [outer corner and outer crease]
Unbasic White e/s [highlight]
Blacktrack fluidline [upper lash line]
I Get NO Kick e/l [water line]
Mac False Lashes mascara

Face:
NARS Mont Blanc Sheer Glow
Diorskin Nude hydrating concealer 001
Magically Cool Liquid Powder Truth & Light
Amazon Princess blush

Lips
Tom Ford Black Orchid

Despite the implied complexity [because of the number of colours used], I actually did this pretty quickly and in a blind rush with relatively little light. I was surprised when I checked my work in the bathroom and discovered it looked pretty good.

littlepickle

Oooops, sorry Katred! It's definitely worth picking up if you can find it, I got mine off Allcosmeticswholesale.com and I've seen it on the sales threads here too. I love the Dame Edna lippies - I've got Kanga-rouge and Gardenia as well but Gardenia partially melted during shipping, and it makes me sad whenever I open it so it doesn't get worn much :(

bis

[quote name="littlepickle" url="/forum/thread/174238/the-all-new-shop-your-stash-challenge/300#post_2129797"] Oooops, sorry Katred! It's definitely worth picking up if you can find it, I got mine off Allcosmeticswholesale.com and I've seen it on the sales threads here too. I love the Dame Edna lippies - I've got Kanga-rouge and Gardenia as well but Gardenia partially melted during shipping, and it makes me sad whenever I open it so it doesn't get worn much :(
[/quote] Thanks for reminding me about those two, I should wear them more often. How are things on your side? Feeling good? :)

littlepickle

Thanks for reminding me about those two, I should wear them more often.

How are things on your side? Feeling good?
smiles.gif

Thanks Bis, feeling good - am over being overdue with this pregnancy though - I'm 40 weeks + 4! ;) I made myself put on make up today to cheer myself up, and then I napped in it (naughty!) - but before I did I took a picture of my stash shopping. Please excuse the crappiness of the photo quality, I wanted to take a quick snap with my cellphone. The black fuzz is my cat Ted :)

FACE: Studio Sculpt NC15, Select Cover-Up NC15, My Paradise Blush (I am being naughty with my stash shopping and keep using this... but I did a hearty stash shop for the eyes)
EYES: Lime Crime Primer, MAC Rubenesque Paint Pot all over lid, Coral Crepe Paint Pot in crease, Hoppin' eyeshadow all over lid, Dear Cupcake eyeshadow in crease, Maybelline Full N Soft waterproof mascara (waterproof in case of labour, lol), Australis liquid liner
LIPS: Nada!

littlepickle

I am imagining baby Noel looking at this picture and cringing at his crazy parents ;) We went out for dinner tonight since the baby STILL hasn't arrived (6 days overdue) and we thought we'd enjoy the last of our couple time for a while. I did some good stash shopping too:

FACE: MAC Studio Sculpt NC15, Select-Cover Up NC15, Marine Life as blush, Perfect Topping MSF as highlight
EYES: Lime Crime Primer, MAC Bare Canvas Paint, Glamour Doll Eyes The Perfect Cure all over lid, Glamour Doll Eyes Skin of a Killer as highlight, Australis liquid liner, Estee Lauder Sumptuous mascara
LIPS: Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte #27 in Rose Paris

katred

Specktra Bestie
LP, you're killing me... Rose Paris is one of those shades I've been trying to resist forever... Looks gorgeous on you. Noel's tardiness certainly isn't putting a damper on your looks...

katred

Specktra Bestie
Finally did some stash-shopping (as opposed to regular shopping... Bad Kate! Bad!) Here's a look that I did this morning because I really wanted to try out Purple Rage again. Damn, Mac had some great collections last year...

Face-
NARS Sheer Glow "Mont Blanc"
Diorskin Nude hydrating concealer 001
Lush Colour Supplement "Jackie Oates" (love this stuff as a bit of a highlight)
Guerlain Terra Inca Sublime Radiant Powder (I cannot get enough of this. I am completely under its spell.)
Mac Metal Rock MSF

Eyes-
Mac paint pot "Vintage Selection" as a base all over the lid up to the brow
Mac e/s "Vanilla" on lid
Mac e/s "Sable" in crease
Mac e/s "Dark Edge" in outer V
Mac fluidline "Blacktrack"
YSL Faux Cils mascara

Lips
Mac l/g "Purple Rage

littlepickle

Kate, that look is absolutely gorgeous!!

Resurrecting the thread :) I didn't think I'd have time for make up for awhile with baby Noel arriving, but I have been doing some stash shopping, yay! I haven't been wearing much in the way of lip products as I keep thinking I'll just kiss it all off on Noel heehee. And he might not be so impressed with me constantly wiping red lipstick off him. So I've been getting my brights fix with a neutral eye with a pop of colour on the lower lash line. Easy, fun & really quick to do :)

Prepare yourself for gratuitous baby cuteness...

FACE: MAC Studio Sculpt NC15, Select Cover-Up NC15, Hibiscus blush
EYES: Lime Crime Primer, MAC Bare Canvas PP, Glamour Doll Eyes The Perfect Cure on lid, Lime Crime Fairy Wings as inner corner highlight and under lower lashes, Estee Lauder Sumptuous Mascara, Australis liquid liner
LIPS: YSL Golden Gloss #2

FACE: MAC Studio Sculpt NC15, Select Cover-Up NC15, Bite of an Apple blush
EYES: Lime Crime Primer, MAC Bare Canvas PP, Glamour Doll Eyes The Perfect Cure on lid, MAC Vanilla pigment as highlight and Humid e/s under lower lashes, Maybelline Full N Soft Mascara, Australis liquid liner
LIPS: Lip balm

FACE: MAC Studio Sculpt NC15, Select Cover-Up NC15, Bite of an Apple blush, Perfect Topping MSF
EYES: Lime Crime Primer, MAC Bare Canvas PP, MAC Gold Mode pigment on lid, MAC Vanilla pigment as highlight and Kelly Green pigment under lower lashes, Maybelline Full N Soft Mascara, Australis liquid liner

FACE: MAC Studio Sculpt NC15, Select Cover-Up NC15, Bite of an Apple blush
EYES: Lime Crime Primer, MAC Bare Canvas PP, MAC Gold Mode pigment on lid, MAC Vanilla pigment as highlight and Waternymph e/s under lower lashes, Maybelline Full N Soft Mascara, Australis liquid liner

rockin

Great to see you back, littlepickle, and welcome to Specktra, Noel :)

Aww, he's gorgeous, and I know what you mean about kissing them all the time - I was like that with mine lol. You're looking well

littlepickle

Thanks Rockin! :) I'm feeling really good, we have been blessed with such a sweet, cruisy little man. He has already been on his first trip to the MAC counter lol.

bis

Great to hear from you again, littlepickle and even better that all went well. Noel is such a cutie :) Congrats again. Even better that you still have a little time for some fast makeup :)

Snarkling

He is too adorable! Glad to hear you guys are doing well.

Well if you can do makeup, I can do makeup - so I guess I will try to start putting up pics again and not being so lazy.

JennsJewelz

I will definitely start doing some more looks again - it will just have to wait until after I've moved in August!!! :D

Romina1

littlepickle how cute is your little man!!

I was making experiments yesterday trying to find a use for pigmemts that couldn't press, so if they're not in the palette I never use them...
I made a tube of lipgloss with Magenta Madness. I couldn't believe how bright it ended! My phone photo doen't give it justice. Very pigmented like a lipstick and long lasting, it didn't go anywhere althought I had drinks, lunch... I also used it as a blush I made a nail polish of it too.

littlepickle

Thanks everyone! :)

Romina, that is a great idea, Magenta Madness looks like a fabulous lippy :) I must try that with Basic Red. Although, how cool would Red Electric be? Hmmmmm.

Good luck for moving Jenn!

Bis, I didn't think I would but taking the time to make myself up when Noel is sleeping or having tummy time etc makes me feel pretty and gives me such a boost of energy :D

Snarkling - look forward to seeing more looks from you!

Keeping with the neutral eye + pop of colour routine, here is today's look:

FACE: Studio Sculpt NC15, Select Cover-Up NC15, Clinique Iced Lotus blush
EYES: Lime Crime Primer, MAC Bare Canvas Paint, Glamour Doll Eyes The Perfect Cure on lid, Skin of a Killer as highlight, Sugarpill Hysteric on lower lash line, Australis liquid liner, Maybelline Full N Soft Mascara
LIPS: Bare!

Yesterday I forgot to take a picture, but I stash shopped and came up with:

FACE: Studio Sculpt NC15, Select Cover-Up NC15, Oh So Fair Beauty Powder, Pearl Blossom Beauty Powder
EYES: Lime Crime Primer, MAC Bare Canvas Paint, Vanilla pigment all over lid and as highlight, Silver Ring e/s in crease and under lower lash line, Australis liquid liner, Maybelline Full N Soft Mascara
LIPS: Bare!

Not make up but... my little boy has started smiling! (Cellphone pic so not great quality)

littlepickle

Today Noel & I hit the MAC counter to check out Semi-Precious & Fashion Flower - didn't pick anything up yet but crossed a few things off my wishlist and will go back for them next payday :) I swatched Cut A Caper next to Ever Hip though and finally had to concede they are pretty much the same and I don't need both *sniff*. Think I will replace Ever Hip with Now in Season, which I hadn't looked twice at online - so pretty in person though! I really like the glitter in the lipgelees.
Anyone, enough rambling.. today I stash shopped and came up with:

FACE: Studio Sculpt NC15, Select Cover-Up NC15, Tippy blush
EYES: Lime Crime Primer, MAC Bare Canvas Paint, Dazzleray pigment on lid, Cocomotion pigment in crease, Vanilla pigment as highlight, Gold pigment under lower lash line, Australis liquid liner, Maybelline Full N Soft Mascara
LIPS: Bare again! I meant to wear Lime Crime Retrofuturist but never got round to actually putting it on. Maybe tomorrow night, we are going to an art exhibition and will need to be glam!

rockin

Aww, I can't help but smile myself when I see little ones smiling!

Glad to see you're finding time to make yourself up. I never used to wear much makeup before my kids were born, but I remember feeling completely frumpy as a new mum. It didn't help that my son wouldn't sleep for more than 15 minutes at a time, so I didn't get much time for myself at all, or my much needed beauty sleep. He was 7 months old before he would sleep for 2 hours at a time, thanks to the osteopath.

JennsJewelz

Jerome's out helping his family with some moving stuff and I'm taking a break from packing (I'm soooo sore today from the past 2 days of packing and heavy lifting!!!), so I thought I'd share the look I did for the movie premiere I went to!

FACE:
Shiseido Dual Balancing Foundation in I40 - Natural Fair Ivory (too dark for me usually, but I'm pretty tanned right now!)
MAC MSFN Light
MAC Springsheen Blush
MAC MB in Dainty
MAC Lustre Drops in Sun Rush

EYES:
TFSI
UD Hustle (brows)
MAC Mega Metal Shadow in Paparazz-she (inner 1/3, inner lower lashline)
MAC MMS in Odalisque (outer 2/3, outer lower lashline)
MAC MMS in Dandizette (crease)
MAC MMS in Dalliance (tearduct)
UD Virgin (highlight)
MAC Feline (tightline)
MAC Blacktrack Fluidline
Revlon Grow Luscious Waterproof Mascara

LIPS:
MAC Mehr
Clinique Superbalm Moisturizing Gloss in 10 - Grapefruit

I took quite a few pictures, because the lighting was so wonky I couldn't quite capture the colours - oh well!

(closest to true colour!)