The Dupe Thread: If you have... you don't really need...

MissAlphaKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by shesparkles
I think they're pretty different, Expensive Pink is too orange on me. Maybe a question of which one works depending on how warm/cool you are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAChostage
Everyone needs Expensive Pink, IMO.
drools.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenLeiBlu
It actually doesn't look at all pink on me ( NW 45ish); it looks gold with a faint hint of peach. I'm sure I even imagined the peachy look, LOL.

thanks!.. looks like expensive pink is next on my to get list

nunu

how does humid, juxt and swimming compare to the fresh green mes

are silversmith mes and sea and sky similar?

tia

alwaysbella

How about this ones? :

Solar white
amber lights
wraming trend
humid
electra
crystal avalanche
blue flame
cool heat
nylon
meet the fleet
gorgeous gold
alum
climate blue
gulf stream
clue
modest tone
girlie
knight divine
seedling
copperplate
cork
mystery
carbon
electric eel
idol eyes
embark
fresh water
beauty marked
vanilla
aquasidiac
plumage
chrome yellow
gesso
tempting
woodwinked
rice paper
shroom
swiss chocolate
bamboo
soft brown

yupitzTara

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunu

tia

i think Bio Green (pro) is pretty similar to bright side & Green Smoke is similar to the other side.

im not sure about Silversmith mes & Sea and sky, but Sea and sky is really pretty. The solid blue is pretty and different from deep truth and colors like that.

yupitzTara

Royal Hue Shadestick and Nice vice paint pot are exactly the same color. if you have one, you definitely dont need the other.

Does anyone know a dupe for bang on blue, fab & flashy, and eyepopping?

MissAlphaKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysbella
How about this ones? :

Solar white ...

I tried Vanilla pigment today for the first time
and I was very excited to find when applied as a sheer wash
the gold sheen looks very much like Solar White (LE)on my NC37-NC40 skin!!!
when applied more opaquely, Vanilla (pigment) looks more white... with peachy gold sheen

(thank goodness because I didn't get back to my MAC store for a back up of Solar White before it was sold out)

Face2Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweexy985
so does gulf stream really = shimmermoss? Cuz I really want Gulf Stream, but I have and love shimmermoss and I'm not gonna get something I can dupe.

Shimmermoss has a gold sheen to it that Gulf Stream does not have. Get gulf stream while you can.

PartyMate (a mid-tone pink) is my favorite pink lipsticks, in fact, I am buying a backup tomorrow, and Sweetie ( a light-pink with lavender undertone) aren't alike IMO.. Some people compare Lustering to Partymate.

Face2Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunu

tia

Not to plug another site, but necessarymakeup.blogspot. has a picture comparing silvermith and sea and sky.

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocodivatime
If I have Jardin Aires pigment do i need tan pigment?

very different - JA is champagne/gold, Tan is a peachy warm tan brown
smiles.gif

stellastar

please someone help me, i really wanna buy beige-ing shadestick and bare study paint pot. do they look the same? the paint pot seems to have more product in it, but may dry out unlike the shadestick.
should i get both?
please help me decide.
many thanks everyone.

cocodivatime

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellastar
please someone help me, i really wanna buy beige-ing shadestick and bare study paint pot. do they look the same? the paint pot seems to have more product in it, but may dry out unlike the shadestick.
should i get both?
please help me decide.
many thanks everyone.

They are very very similar on my skin. I would say the beige-ing it a tad more frosty....just a tad. but it could be because bare study is more creamy and is more easily blended. Does that make sense?

I don't think you need both.

zabbazooey

Quote:
Originally Posted by yupitzTara
Royal Hue Shadestick and Nice vice paint pot are exactly the same color. if you have one, you definitely dont need the other.

Does anyone know a dupe for bang on blue, fab & flashy, and eyepopping?

I don't think colors are at all alike...one's a rich eggplant purple (royal hue) and one is almost a mauve-y purple (Nice Vice) at least on me (NW15-20)

FiestyFemme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweexy985
so does gulf stream really = shimmermoss? Cuz I really want Gulf Stream, but I have and love shimmermoss and I'm not gonna get something I can dupe.

I have both, so when I saw this, I wanted to see for myself. Since I was gonna swatch it anyway, I decided to take a pic too.

Even though they're definitely similar, Gulf Stream is a bit darker and has more green, while Shimmermoss appears to have a touch more blue and white. I feel like the textures make obvious differences too, and these do look different on me. (BTW I used Painterly PP as a base.)

FiestyFemme

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
very different - JA is champagne/gold, Tan is a peachy warm tan brown
smiles.gif

ITA. Very different, except Tan is a pinky bronze on me!

Karen_B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunami Rose
I think that if you have Graphology you don't need Meet The Fleet.

They are both matte's.

Graphology is a taaaaaaaaaaaaaaad bit darker than MTF. And MTF is a taaaaaaad bit more blueish than graphology.

Even though the MAC website says MTF is a blue, I swear its a purple. LOL.

I agree. I was happy I was able to pass on Meet the Fleet since I already own Graphology.

Karen_B

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellastar
should i get both?
please help me decide.
many thanks everyone.

Not sure if they are similar or not, but if you have very oily lids I'd recommend the paint pot. At least for me they are far better bases. I've had some of my paint pots for over a year and they have not dried out. Just remember to screw the lid on tightly!

yupitzTara

Quote:
Originally Posted by zabbazooey
I don't think colors are at all alike...one's a rich eggplant purple (royal hue) and one is almost a mauve-y purple (Nice Vice) at least on me (NW15-20)

Maybe so on you. however, i was about to buy both & swatched them side by side and they were quite similar. Unfortunately they didnt have nice vice but still had the tester out
angry.gif
. oh how they got my hopes up
thmbdn.gif

Sanayhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by yupitzTara

These colours are wildly different on my pale skin.