The Dupe Thread: If you have... you don't really need...

romi79_2008

I wish I`ve read this earlier `cause shimmermoss and steamy are so alike, now I have a brand new shimmermoss pan,keep it as a back=up even though I used only twice steamy,. This topic is very useful especially for the people(like me) who don`t goo often to a counter

cipelica

Ok, I have read whole thread and as I see, it is a very little talk about blushes. Are they so irreplaceable, or is there some dupes among them?

lukinamama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunami Rose
I think that if you have Graphology you don't need Meet The Fleet.

They are both matte's.

Graphology is a taaaaaaaaaaaaaaad bit darker than MTF. And MTF is a taaaaaaad bit more blueish than graphology.

Even though the MAC website says MTF is a blue, I swear its a purple. LOL.

and what about poison pen and meet the fleet?do I need both?

lindas1983

Quote:
Originally Posted by yupitzTara
Does anyone know a dupe for bang on blue, fab & flashy, and eyepopping?

Eyepopping is pretty like bitter,pagan or sour lemon in my eyes.

Bang on blue is pretty like atlantic blue but atlantic blue has a way better colour pay off.

Hope this helps, there nor exact but there as close as your gonna get i think.

cyndi

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigglegirl
how does the melange (darker) side of Fresh Green Mix compare to Sumptuous Olive?

for me, i found that sumptuous olive is more brown compared to the melange side of fresh green mix, but when i add a bit of humid on top of sumptous olive, its rather similar. also, the mono lime side is comparable with golden olive pigment and juxt. juxt goes on more sheer and has a sheen to it but the mono lime side goes on more frosty and thicker and has lots of shimmer (very smooth as well). on my nc35 skin, the mono side goes on more yellowish than lime green. i have juxt, humid, sumptuous olive and golden olive pigment so im most likely returning my fresh green mix. i tried fresh green mix on one eye and the other shadows on the other eye and there wasnt a big difference for me.
ssad.gif

MissAlphaKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cipelica
Ok, I have read whole thread and as I see, it is a very little talk about blushes. Are they so irreplaceable, or is there some dupes among them?

Thanks for bringing up this question
I've been looking for a blush dupe for Coral (pro) matte e/s

anyone?

lizb

Are mulch and bronze similar? I have mulch, but was wondering if I should get bronze. What about patina and warming trend, and twinks vs. antiqued?

GlamYOURUs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizb
Are mulch and bronze similar? I have mulch, but was wondering if I should get bronze. What about patina and warming trend, and twinks vs. antiqued?

They are similar but very different. They come from the same family. Bronze is a must though if I had to pick between the two.

AppleDiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizb

Twinks and Antiqued are different. Antiqued is copper rust color that is similar to Coppering. Twinks is a brown w/ red pearl (better yet burgundy)

AppleDiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukinamama
and what about bronze and temping?are they similar?tnx

not the same...tempting is more of a taupy brown.

cocodivatime

Quote:
and what about bronze and temping?are they similar?

and which e/s(perm. or le) is similar to cranberry?tnx

Tempting is more similar to Patina in my opinion. Bronze is totally different.

FiestyFemme

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleDiva
not the same...tempting is more of a taupy brown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocodivatime
Tempting is more similar to Patina in my opinion. Bronze is totally different.

Tempting has no taupe at all in it (nor is it similar to Patina, which must be wear the taupe reference comes from), at least on my fair skin. Bronze and Tempting are totally different though. The different finishes are a big reason why, IMO. Colorwise, Tempting is a very golden brown. I don't detect any red tones at all. Bronze has a lot more red in it in comparison to Tempting, and it's what I'd consider bronze, while I consider Tempting to just be a brown.

FiestyFemme

Quote:
Originally Posted by cipelica
If I have Springsheen do i need Peachykeen?
I am NC25 for the reference

I think it depends on what you're looking for. On me, Springsheen is a pinky peach with golden shimmer, while Peachykeen is a reddish peach. It looks very different on me than Springsheen.

shesparkles

Quote:
and which e/s(perm. or le) is similar to cranberry?tnx

Cranberry is a regular perm color, if that's what you're asking. It was just repromoted in Moonbathe. It is somewhat similar to Star Violet (also perm) but their differences have also been discussed elsewhere in this thread (they look totally different on me). I don't know of any other shadows that are similar to Cranberry. HTH!

winterwonder

If you have Clarity and Newly Minted e/s you really don't NEED Turquoise Matte Pigment. Click here for swatches. =)

I'm just hoping this helps 'cause I've been seeing a lottt of people wanting this pigment lately and honestly it's just really chalky and mixing those two shadows together gives an indistinguishable dupe when on the eyes with better overall texture.

saab

is retrospeck anythg similar to all that glitters .

i am planning on buying some browns and neutral , are any of them alike?

woodwinked,mythology,all that glitters, retrospeck ,shroom.

argyle_socks

I went shopping last weekend and noticed that the eyeshadow single Asphalt by NYX is a dupe of Amber Lights.
I had Amber Lights in my bag so I swatched them together and they were the same.
greengrin.gif