The Dupe Thread: If you have... you don't really need...

Mabelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasticLVR
ok, awesome thread. I just purchased Bronze and I got home and realised it is the SAME color as tempting.....They look TOTALLY diff. in pan but man oh man when you swatch them side by side they are identical!!!!!!!!!!!!UGGGHHHH!

Not on me! Bronze comes out darker and much redder than tempting.

FiestyFemme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabelle
Not on me! Bronze comes out darker and much redder than tempting.

On me too! They're very different colors on me, with Tempting being most wearable.

thejuicy1

hi,
does anyone know of a good dupe for REAL DOLL from the mac's barbie collection?
th_confused_new.gif

SmileyfacedPen

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejuicy1
hi,
does anyone know of a good dupe for REAL DOLL from the mac's barbie collection?
th_confused_new.gif

NARS lipstick in Roman Holiday is pretty darn close!

I'm trying desperately to think of something close to Wondergrass from C Shock. Does anyone have MUFE eyeshadow #93 and have an opinion on whether or not they're similar in shade? I know that #93 is matte and I'm pretty sure Wondergrass has some shimmer.

rehana

Fig 1 and Sketch...

same thinggg

I was reading earlier about Surreal, Shimmermoss, and Steamy wahaha...I have all three...very guilty, but I love them and they ARE *slightly* different!!

And Nylon and Shroom are NOT similar at all! Haven't read the 23 pages in between...but my two cents! Nylong is very bright and goldy white and Shroom is a silvery white, not so frosty...

rehana

Re: If you have...you don't really need....

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkleverxkittyx
I disagree. Contrast and Deep Truth are SO different.

Hmmm...how are they different? How do you use them differently? I have both and would love to hear differences to make myself feel better about buying both =)

Mabelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmileyfacedPen

I'm trying desperately to think of something close to Wondergrass from C Shock. Does anyone have MUFE eyeshadow #93 and have an opinion on whether or not they're similar in shade? I know that #93 is matte and I'm pretty sure Wondergrass has some shimmer.

i duno about mufe, but i do know that i bought UD graffiti, and returned it because it was similar enough to wondergrass not to have both. Wondergrass is brighter and has better payoff imo, but still pretty close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rehana
Fig 1 and Sketch...

same thinggg

no way hose!
sketch is SO much darker and is almost brownish.
Fig 1. is way lighter anf brighter.
not even close m'lady!

FiestyFemme

Quote:
i duno about mufe, but i do know that i bought UD graffiti, and returned it because it was similar enough to wondergrass not to have both. Wondergrass is brighter and has better payoff imo, but still pretty close.

I've heard the same thing, and I love UD Graffiti!

Quote:
no way hose!
not even close m'lady!

ITA! I adore Fig.1, while I rarely reach for Sketch.

AppleDiva

Quote:

no way hose!
not even close m'lady!

Regarding Wondergrass...I think MAC Kelly Green pigment (PRO line) may be similar.

FiestyFemme

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleDiva
Regarding Wondergrass...I think MAC Kelly Green pigment (PRO line) may be similar.

I've heard this too, which is why I picked up UD Graffiti over Kelly Green. I just have easier access to UD.

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleDiva

I hope this is true. Then I can cross Kelly Green pigment off my wish list. Yes!

Twinkle_Twinkle

Re: If you have...you don't really need....

Quote:
Originally Posted by rehana
Hmmm...how are they different? How do you use them differently? I have both and would love to hear differences to make myself feel better about buying both =)

Personally, I think Deep Truth is a true midnight frosty blue whereas Contrast is Deep Blue meets Deep Purple. I definitely see the difference in the two.

panda0410

If you have Top Hat you dont really need Thunder or Cassette - they are so damn close its hard to tell them apart, I have all 3 and spent money I didnt need to
wtff.gif
Cassette over Thunder gives an exact dupe to Top Hat, but Thunder and Top Hat are hard to tell apart anyway - you wouldnt know unless someone told you
winks.gif

macluvermre

Baby Sparks dazzleglas is very close to Local Colour (almost identical, IMO), Smile is dup. to Euro beat - and if you have Nylon e/s, you do not need Soft Force from SW...I am second guessing my decision to buy One-Off from LTL, because it is so similiar to Humid, but the finish is alot better.

LMD84

deep truth and blue flame shadows are very very similar. so no need to have both unless you really like metaliicy navy blues
smiles.gif

FiestyFemme

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
deep truth and blue flame shadows are very very similar. so no need to have both unless you really like metaliicy navy blues
smiles.gif

ITA! My hubby picked out Blue Flame at the CCO last week and said it would look good on me... I was like good news, I've got something just like it at home, LOL.

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachy pink
Are there any dupes at all for "Big Bow" from the Hello Kitty collection? (sheer!, pink-ish, lipstick)

not really... its one colour I own that I cant really dupe. One of the Fafi lippies was close, but it was more orange than Big Bow
ssad.gif

Latest posts