The Dupe Thread: If you have... you don't really need...

Shadowy Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by macluvermre
...I am second guessing my decision to buy One-Off from LTL, because it is so similiar to Humid, but the finish is alot better.

I disagree, Humid is much darker than One Off, it's not just the finish. They don't look the same on me at all, far from it

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady
I disagree, Humid is much darker than One Off, it's not just the finish. They don't look the same on me at all, far from it

agreed! not the same at all on me either - humid is wayyyy darker
smiles.gif

chickatthegym

I just went through my collection and was doing some swatches...I came across some dupes:

Deep Feelings and Cassette

Cinders and Queen's Jewel

(Swatches coming soon)

peachy pink

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
not really... its one colour I own that I cant really dupe. One of the Fafi lippies was close, but it was more orange than Big Bow
ssad.gif

Noooo. But thank you. I think I'm gonna die. HK was the collection that was out when I entered MAC for the first time, so I was overwhelmed by the eyeshadows & everything, so I didn't get any lipsticks back then... yeeks. I'm sad now.
greengrin.gif

VintageAqua

Not sure if this has already been said but....

Naked Lunch is similar to Jest
Romp is similar to Go! (starflash)
Hepcat is similar to Plum Dressing
Pink Opal pigment is similar to Seedy Pearl
Blanc Type is similar to Brule
Emerald Green pigment (pro) is similar to Humid
Green Brown pigment (pro) is similar to Club

I probably have more somewhere but I don't mind having backup/dupes since mac has so many LE's/DC's.

Lyssah

does anyone know of a mac dupe for Soft Brown?

Edit - and if I have Rule do I need Orange?

VintageAqua

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxaemia
does anyone know of a mac dupe for Soft Brown?

Edit - and if I have Rule do I need Orange?

A great dupe for soft brown is tent-a-tint and since its a matte2, t-a-t has better color payoff. I looovvvve soft brown though.

In my opinion, you really don't need rule if you have orange unless you absolutely love oranges, mattes or do a lot dramatic photoshoots. They are slightly different in color, ie orange is very true to its actual tone (not too cool or muddy) while rule is a bit of a rustier, slightly muted orange while still being bright. HTH!
thmbup.gif

Hope that didn't
th_confused_new.gif
you.

VintageAqua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
I need a dupe for Plushglass Angel Cream!! Anyone?

If you're looking for MAC specifically, try Underage.

chickatthegym

I have swatched Underage l/g and Angel Cream p/g... I would never have thought to compare the two, because on me they aren't very simliar. Angel Cream is much more coral (although it does go on a lot more sheer than it looks in the tube) while Underage is nude/beige. Both are gorgeous colors, I just don't think I would consider them dupes...maybe they show up different on different people though
winks.gif

Here are the swatches on the back of my hand (I am NW25/30). This is indoor, no flash
smiles.gif

Underage on left...Angel Cream on right in both pics:

underage-angelcream.jpg

underage-angelcream2.jpg

chickatthegym

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleDiva
What is a good dupe for VIP (pink e/s) from the Heatherette Trio 2?

Playful is very close to VIP... see swatches below:

pinkswtches.jpg

MissAlphaKitty

If you already have:

Urban Decay "X" eyeshadow... you don't need MAC "Melon" pigment
Urban Decay "Blaze" eyeshadow... you don't need MAC "All That Glitters" Eyeshadow