The Dupe Thread: If you have... you don't really need...

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms. kendra
How does Mulch and Glamour Check compare?

And what's a dupe for Tempting? Thanks!

Tempting is perm! Are you looking for another brand?

MacAtFirstSight

Quote:

mulch has gold sparkles and is less red than glamour check. they are completely diff imo.
smiles.gif

ms. kendra

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
Tempting is perm! Are you looking for another brand?

Hi!

Nope, just wondering if it's really similar to something I already have like woodwinked, or retrospeck. I hate getting a color and then realizing it's soooooo close to something I already have.

I didn't know it was permanent either, thanks for responding.
winks.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacAtFirstSight
mulch has gold sparkles and is less red than glamour check. they are completely diff imo.
smiles.gif

Thanks so much!
thmbup.gif

fallenang3l211

Quote:

Mulch, Glamour Check, Tempting, Romp, Satin Taupe, Gold Stroke (pigment), Buckwheat
IMG00719-20090816-0346.jpg

Elusive21

If I have Rule and Pollinator, do I need Off The Page?

If I have Bright Future (from the Style Warriors), do I need Crest the Wave?

If I have Da Bling, do I need Maira's Magic?

These 3 questions are absolutely killing me right now. The colors in the makeup art collection are so beautiful and I am craving them but I'm afraid that I already have colors just like it and I won't know just how similiar they are until Thursday. If anyone could answer these I would really appreciate it.

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elusive21
If I have Rule and Pollinator, do I need Off The Page?

If I have Bright Future (from the Style Warriors), do I need Crest the Wave?

If I have Da Bling, do I need Maira's Magic?

These 3 questions are absolutely killing me right now. The colors in the makeup art collection are so beautiful and I am craving them but I'm afraid that I already have colors just like it and I won't know just how similiar they are until Thursday. If anyone could answer these I would really appreciate it.

Bright Future and Crest The Wave are quite different. Bright Future is a deep dark yellow gold, Crest The Wave is a softer paler sunshiney yellow. They swatch quite differently. Think like a Gold Dusk pigment vs. Golden Lemon pigment comparison.

Indoor No Flash
Creme Royal vs. Crest The Wave
Bright Future vs. Gold (frost) pigment
100_2851.jpg

Outdoor Natural Light
Creme Royal vs. Crest The Wave
Bright Future vs. Gold (frost) pigment
100_2852.jpg

chocochip

Hi I am new here.
I am looking for the answer for the following question, and by chance stumpled across this forum.

If I have Nars Ondine and Mac pigment Mauvement, should I get Style Snob?

I just bought Style Snob yesterday, and realized it looked quite similiar to Ondine in pans. I wonder if I should return Style Snob, that's why I didn't do a swatch comparison.

If someone can do a swatch comparison, or share their insights, it would be very much appreciated! Thanks in advance!

macluvermre

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringDancer
Does anyone know of a dupe for Full on Lust lipgloss (LE from The Originals collection)?

Maybe Lust l/g?

macluvermre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady
I disagree, Humid is much darker than One Off, it's not just the finish. They don't look the same on me at all, far from it

Sorry, I guess I should have said that they look the same on ME. It's just my opinion, as all skin colors are different, they obviously won't look the same on everyone.

chickatthegym

I was just going through my collection and found another e/s dupe:
Cranberry and Bravado (from the Take Wing quad) are almost identical. Cranberry is a bit more pigmented, but if you pack on Bravado it's very hard to tell the difference.

Debbie_57

Is there a dupe for the eyeshadow gentle fume from the Gentle fume quad (smoke signals colection); any greys similar?
TIA

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle79
Is it me or is Charred & Pandamonium the same exact color?

I can't tell the difference

shesparkles

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocochip
If I have Nars Ondine and Mac pigment Mauvement, should I get Style Snob?

I just bought Style Snob yesterday, and realized it looked quite similiar to Ondine in pans. I wonder if I should return Style Snob, that's why I didn't do a swatch comparison.

I think Ondine is much cooler and purpler. This blog has photos of Style Snob, if anyone wants to weigh in: Pink Sith: MAC Style Snob - A Taupe To Warm Your Heart

Also, if anyone missed out on Warming Trend e/s from Cool Heat, or Blonde's Gold pigment, I am ridiculously prone to buying the same color over and over, and I can report that NARS Cyprus e/s is very close to both. It's lighter than WT and the shimmer is more subdued, but barely distinguishable.