The Waterproof Brow Set Collection (May 22, 2014)

MACina

Thank you MACina... would this be the equivalent of the Taupe? Is it watery or a more solid texture? TIA!
You are welcome, ladies
smiles.gif

@HerGreyness , it is more a solid texture. But not too much. Creamy but not watery.

And it is a bit darker than Taupe.Here is a comparison swatch.HTH!

MRV

I'm glad that you mention this. I've never bought a coloured brow gel because I was afraid of that. I mainly need a brow product to fill in sparse spots so I guess I'll stick to pencils / powders plus a clear gel to keep them in shape.
iagree.gif

kait0

thanks for the swatches erine1881! I'm liking the look of EB - I was hoping it wouldn't have much/any warmth to it, and it doesn't appear to. Do you find it to be somewhat cool toned or more neutral? or neither ha. Thanks :)

erine1881

thanks for the swatches erine1881! I'm liking the look of EB - I was hoping it wouldn't have much/any warmth to it, and it doesn't appear to. Do you find it to be somewhat cool toned or more neutral? or neither ha. Thanks :)
Nope. It's pretty neutral. Great for straight up blondes that don't have any red undertones, and great for anyone that has any grey in their hair too. This is Flings equivalent.

MACina

Nope. It's pretty neutral. Great for straight up blondes that don't have any red undertones, and great for anyone that has any grey in their hair too. This is Flings equivalent.
I was hoping the EB would be darker.While I really love the texture and the brush it is a too light
for my liking.I have black hair and wanted something darker to match it
sigh.gif

erine1881

I was hoping the EB would be darker.While I really love the texture and the brush it is a too light for my liking.I have black hair and wanted something darker to match it :sigh:
All brow products tend to darken on brows because of the oils in the hair, so i think you'll be good with it. Are you able to try it in store next week? What about QB? Or will that be too dark?

MACina

What about QB? Or will that be too dark?
I have EB here already and it is not as dark as I thought it would be.

I will try it again paired with ABH Ebony.Maybe it is dark enough then.

QB looks lighter than EB in your swatches.Is it darker than EB IRL?

erine1881

I have EB here already and it is not as dark as I thought it would be. I will try it again paired with ABH Ebony.Maybe it is dark enough then. QB looks lighter than EB in your swatches.Is it darker than EB IRL?
QB is the medium brown. EB is the light blonde.

martiangurll

If I'm using the dirty blonde fluid line which brow set would be best, EB? I'm just afraid that will be too light. My hair is dark blonde/light brown and I don't mind having slightly darker brows. 
QB
My brows are pretty close to the Fling brow pencil in color but I have been using the Strawberry Blonde matte brow pencil because I have A LOT of coppery/red undertones in my hair although I try to dampen them down with ash toned brunette whenever I refresh my roots.  Its no good though, the red will have its way, which I blame my Irish heritage...
Maybe try RC. It's not as light as Fling, but it does have that reddish undertone to it. I think TB would be too brassy.
Because of overplucking and a scar, I have sparse, but long eyebrow hairs. I use an Anastasia pencil to make them thicker and add shape to them. Would the fluid line be better than the brow set? Or do I use them together? Also, is it odd that this launched with Alluring Aquatics without any notice?
I'd suggest trimming your brows so the brow set wouldn't be needed at all (shorter hairs wont stray as much as longer hairs). Brow set is only gonna cling to the hairs, not to bare skin (well it will, but it will be extremely noticeable that there are no hairs and only product, like when you bump mascara on your skin and don't wipe it away). Then either stick to your pencil or try the brow fluidline, both of which is ideal for patchiness or scars. Brow set can then be used in addition to the fluidline brow if you want, but i like to use just the brow set on clients who have fuller brows that just need a bit of definition and darkening, when pencil, fluidline or powder isn't necessary. And it's not odd at all that this launch without a peep. It's perm, so such quietness is typical, especially when it launches with another collection. Even moreso when that other collection is the big collection of the season.
Thank you erine! RC it is.