Theme Makeup with a Purpose

aradhana

I was feeling very PINK on Saturday and this is the result: EYES: Painterly paint pot (nude beige) PP to lids (# 212)
Paradise Island e/s (Soft warm Pink) to lids (# 215 brush)
Embrace Me e/s (Deep Pink) to crease, then blended (# 275 brush)
Silly e/s (Clean blue-pink) above crease, (# 224 brush)
Blacktrack gel liner to lashline
Estèe Lauder Modern Mercury Highlighter to brows (# 239 brush)
Embrace Me e/s & Blacktrack to lower lash-line ( # 228 brush)
Modern Mercury to inner corners

FACE:
MAC Strobe Cream
Studio Sculpt Foundation, NC 44 ( # 187 brush)
P & P Light Boost Highlighter in triangle below eyes, set w/Ben Nye Powder, Banana (applied with 116 Brush)
Richly Honed SC (applied with 163 Brush), Shadowy (Deep brown matte) Pro Sculpting powder over Richly Honed (227 SE brush)
Prom Princess (Mid-tone Violet Pink) blush ( 128 Brush)
Estèe Lauder Modern Mercury Highlighter to high-points (# 184 Duo Fiber Fan Brush)
NARS Light Reflecting Loose setting powder to finish the look (NARS Yachiyo brush)
Fix + to set

LIPS:
Hip & Happy (Cool Pink) lip pencil to line & fill
Pink Plaid lipstick ( Dirty Blue-pink matte ) (# 318 lip brush)

NAILS: Chanel's 'May' (baby Soft pink) Nail Polish
this sounds so pretty!
you know, i haven't worn embrace me yet!
i guess that's on my to-do list...i like how you're paired it with all these different pinks for a monochromatic look!

Prettypackages

Quote: Originally Posted by MissTT

yes MissTT, he is the prettyboy fine type. Not my type, butt fine is fine. LOL

I'm going to do that, work on one thing... I think I hve the tools to get my skin in order, I just need to keep it up, and I have decent handle on makeup, just need to practice more. So this will be the year of clothes, and style for me. I'm going to follow your advice, and would love to take you up on your offer. Although, be warned, I am not a shopper. LOL Maybe that's my problem.

Prettypackages

my office is pretty casual, but i found when i dropped to the level that everyone else dressed at, i felt horrible about myself. so i went back to wearing what i feel good in. same thing with makeup. the women at my office rarely wear makeup, so i tried doing that and felt frumpy. no can do!

i saw someone's bootie too just yesterday on the way to the subway...i kind of wanted to tell to go home and put on a longer top or at least wear different underwear, but she was with her kid, and probably taking them to daycare, and i didn't want to stress her out...

pp - don't be too critical of yourself. these guys are probably looking at you because they find you attractive...chubby/thin doesn't have to have an impact on whether people find you cute/attractive! i agree with TT. if you feel comfortable in jeans, you should wear them. jeans can look very sharp...and it's just as attractive to look 'done up' as it is to look 'effortless'. just make sure you feel good about yourself in whatever you wear!
the few times I've dressed like them, I was ill. Or it was the first day of my cycle and it was all I could do to make it out of bed. LOL. I'll take my jeans/tshirt over what these ppl wear anyday!!

Prettypackages

Hi ladies, I've been reading this thread and I finally have the courage to join. I love that its more than just makeup especially since im at a turning moment in my life. I'm graduating in a week and I'm trying to find a job in NYC because its my dream city. Anyho I have a pretty big collection, to me at least lol and I really want to start using it. I will def start going through my stash and look for pastels.
Welcome, and tell us how it goes. What was your major?

Prettypackages

hello ladies
did a wee look today that i was pleased with, though it wasn't pastel...

eyes:
coil electro cool shadow on lid - copper
superwatt electro cool in crease and a little in inner, lower corner - beige gold
teddy to line lower lid - coppery red brown
tiny bit of brownborder technakohl to line upper outer corner - espresso
black zoom lash

face:
red side of colour corrector from mickey contractor collection
bronze hero lustre drops - bronze
dixie creme blush from illamasqua - coral
improper copper creme colour base - light copper

lips:
funbathing lipstick - purpley bronze

it felt suited to the warm weather, and i enjoyed bringing out the electrocools for a change!
sounds like you were a bronze Goddess! Sounds pretty. .

I went shopping for pastel makeup today. I don't want the quite cute quad to be my only e/s.

Couldn't figure out what I wanted. LMAO, plus I got out late so I didn't have a lot of time.

Medgal07

this sounds so pretty!
you know, i haven't worn embrace me yet!
i guess that's on my to-do list...i like how you're paired it with all these different pinks for a monochromatic look!
Thanks Aradhana---It was a fun look. I felt all GIRLY---even at my age
girlhaha.gif
I was going to use Impassioned but I had depotted Embrace me and it was in the same palette so I
went for it.

Medgal07

sounds like you were a bronze Goddess! Sounds pretty. .

I went shopping for pastel makeup today. I don't want the quite cute quad to be my only e/s.

Couldn't figure out what I wanted. LMAO, plus I got out late so I didn't have a lot of time.
She made me want to wear Bronze---I think I'll wear bronze with RiRi Woo one day this week. What pastel makeup did you buy?

MissTT

Any advice on how to make Zestful work-friendly so I can get in on the pastels this week? It's very shimmery. I need to use Lavender Whip, too.

VampyCouture

Any advice on how to make Zestful work-friendly so I can get in on the pastels this week? It's very shimmery. I need to use Lavender Whip, too.
I wore Zestful yesterday on top of my Rimmel Scandaleyes pencil in Bad Bronze and it really toned down the color. I like it like this, because it becomes a neutral but you don't lose the sparkly uniqueness of Zestful.

aradhana

thanks ladies. it's been so warm here that i'm struggling to do pastels...the bronzes are seeming more appropriate to sweltering climes.

but i do think i'll be wearing embrace me eyeshadow tomorrow. or maybe ablaze. decisions decisions.

i don't have a lot of pastel eye makeup, but maybe i could just do the cheeks pastel?

does flamingo count as a pastel?

Yazmin

I wore Zestful yesterday on top of my Rimmel Scandaleyes pencil in Bad Bronze and it really toned down the color. I like it like this, because it becomes a neutral but you don't lose the sparkly uniqueness of Zestful.
So far I've only done one look using Zestful over a hunter green base. I really liked it and many of the MAC SAs complimented me on it. I'll try to recreate it tomorrow and see if I can take a good pic to post.

Medgal07

thanks ladies. it's been so warm here that i'm struggling to do pastels...the bronzes are seeming more appropriate to sweltering climes.

but i do think i'll be wearing embrace me eyeshadow tomorrow. or maybe ablaze. decisions decisions.

i don't have a lot of pastel eye makeup, but maybe i could just do the cheeks pastel?

does flamingo count as a pastel?
I think pastels need brights to create balance. I look ill w/pastel eyes & lips, so I do one or the other. I've not yet worn Ablaze. I waiting for my Ablaze NP to arrive---made that purchase because of Liba!!

Yazmin

I was rushing to get ready this morning so it didn't turn out exactly as I wanted, but I still like it.
9fb43bda_image.jpeg
304700c3_image.jpeg
e6dbe009_image.jpeg
4bf4fe9a_image.jpeg

Yazmin

Sorry, I completely forgot to say what it was. It's Zestful used over a Smashbox Limitless Cream Shadow (Fern, I think). Now you know you're going to get it, don't you? Who are you kidding, Medgal? Certainly not me, lol!

MissTT

Thanks for posting that, Yazmin. You definitely made it wearable. I like your brows, too.

I wore Parrot today. To work. Me. Probably won't do that again, but at least I tried it. I tried Lavender Whip for a pastel, but did not like it so I slathered Glamourdaze over it. Didn't quite get in the pastel for the weekend. I'll make it a point to look in my stash tonight to see what's there. I think I have some EDES that would count.

Yazmin

Thanks for posting that, Yazmin. You definitely made it wearable. I like your brows, too. I wore Parrot today. To work. Me. Probably won't do that again, but at least I tried it. I tried Lavender Whip for a pastel, but did not like it so I slathered Glamourdaze over it. Didn't quite get in the pastel for the weekend. I'll make it a point to look in my stash tonight to see what's there. I think I have some EDES that would count.
Thank you. I started using DDB again on my brows, but went more subtle that I have in the past. Still a work in progress but I'm getting better at it. Parrot didn't work out for you as a work look? I'm going to play around with a few bases and see if I can find something that might help make it more wearable. If I do, I'll try it tomorrow and post pics.