Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

Iluvmidge2

Hello ladies! I haven't ever posted much here but I'm super excited for the Nude Dip palette. This will be my first Tom Ford purchase, so I really can't wait for it to show up on the Nordies site :)

EllaS

Important update for those who have pre-ordered or plan to pre-order the cheek contour duo!

Apparently there's a great deal of confusion about which duo is "Softcore" and which is "Stroked". Most swatches so far have shown Softcore to be the warmer one and Stroked to be the cooler berry one. But this may not be correct. Temptalia posted a review here of the warmer one which she has labeled "Stroked". http://www.temptalia.com/tom-ford-stroked-contouring-cheek-color-duo-review-photos-swatches

Full explanation here on Full Time Ford: http://www.fulltimeford.com/2014/08/16/alert-tom-ford-contouring-cheek-duos-color-name-clarification/

If you have pre-ordered, contact your SA and see if you can get clarification.

EDIT: Scroll down to the comments section on Temptalia's post and read the conversation between Christine and Full Time Ford (under "Vanessa's" comment). There you will see the inconsistencies in labeling and contradictory information they're being given regarding which duo is which.

Dominique33

I pre-ordered Nude Dip and Negligee! I can not wait till Saks ships it!
Nude Dip is a true beauty and even a must-have. We don't have the brand here but I am considering ordering it online next month, that is when it's available. 4 gorgeous shades in a pan.

allthingsglam

Uggh. I am not a fan of pre-ordering. I'm still hoping the whole collection will pop up in stock somewhere...sometime (soon)!
Me too I can't wait until this collection comes to Nordstrom I almost pre ordered but I don't like the neither
Not sure about the body products, but a Tom Ford rep told me today that sometime in late October, they will be coming out with 10 new lipstick shades, all matte.
hope they are premanant and not le that would be love

delicatewhimsy

All this talk about selling out has made me bite the bullet and call Nordstrom's to pre-order sight unseen. The SA said the same thing, it will be released later this month or early in Sept. Super excited and can't wait!!

meka72

I try to keep critical comments to myself but had to chime in. I couldn't figure out how Temptalia looked like she used a single wash of color instead of using multiple shades. I'm relatively new to eyeshadow but even I could have done a better job.
Wow, beautiful swatches.  Although, I don't understand how T's eye looks come out looking like she put zero shadow on.  Even without a primer I would expect to see more show up.

elegant-one

Oh my...can I say one more time how much I LOVE the new foundation! I wore it all day today in hot 80 degree weather & then a bike ride & exercising & it looked like it did when I put it on this morning. I was checking it out in the car mirror in bright daylight where you see any & all flaws & my skin looked so even & flawless.
love.gif

And, blush looks great over it without changing the color of the blush.

ViolaS24

Oh my...can I say one more time how much I LOVE the new foundation! I wore it all day today in hot 80 degree weather & then a bike ride & exercising & it looked like it did when I put it on this morning. I was checking it out in the car mirror in bright daylight where you see any & all flaws & my skin looked so even & flawless.
love.gif

And, blush looks great over it without changing the color of the blush.
This is music to my ears. When you spend so much on a foundation, you really need to LOVE it lol. Now I can't wait for mine to arrive.
rasta.gif

ellemarie

I've never pre-ordered before, so I e-mailed Nordstrom about it. Temptalia's review of Nude Dip really sold me on it.

EllaS

I've never pre-ordered before, so I e-mailed Nordstrom about it. Temptalia's review of Nude Dip really sold me on it.
I'm in a similar position as you. Been waiting for it to pop up on Nordstrom, but I'm getting worried it never will if they allow it to sell out in pre-orders. I'd be curious to hear what Nordstrom tells you...

NYCBeautyJunkie

Just picked up my pre-ordered blush duos (and re-upped my brow sculptor) from the store! A woman rushed to the counter soon after me to excitedly order Negligee lipstick. The associate told me he was overwhelmed by the volume of orders/buzz the collections been getting!

Icecaramellatte

Just picked up my pre-ordered blush duos (and re-upped my brow sculptor) from the store! A woman rushed to the counter soon after me to excitedly order Negligee lipstick. The associate told me he was overwhelmed by the volume of orders/buzz the collections been getting!
Which store had it?

NYCBeautyJunkie

I figured as much. Bergdorf's always gets it first.  Hence my dilemma about where to order.  I figured I should go with Saks since they came through on hard to find products a few time. But Bergdorf's SA were nice as well.
I assume Saks should have the collection any day now as well. Seems like it's finally making its way to counters/boutiques.