Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

Prettypackages

Yes it was. I still love it.
I know lol, i guess is because there isnt much talk on these new collections as the past ones, like the solei summer from last year, that was one of his best collections so far.

I think this is the brush set Icecaramellatte is talking about. This was posted on the Sephora beautytalk board but I don't remember the user who posted it.
View attachment 56305
OMG, I want them and the palette. I kjnow it will be $1000 though. Let's see if I can get a job with them. LOL

Icecaramellatte

Stopped at a counter and made inquiries. The SA said the holiday brushes will be sold as a set(unlike a previous SA told me) and this makes more sense. She said it comes in a leather case and will be $800. . . Or maybe she said $850. I don't know because I just about fainted. How could 4 brushes cost $800? 4 regular size brushes don't even cost that much. Then I remembered she said it would be in a leather case. I guess the leather is making the price high. Either way I'm out. I think when they had the brush sets before, they were a lot but they were the same price as if you bought them individually and you were just getting the brush case for free. Oh but I love mini brushes ??????

JerseyGirl

Stopped at a counter and made inquiries. The SA said the holiday brushes will be sold as a set(unlike a previous SA told me) and this makes more sense. She said it comes in a leather case and will be $800. . . Or maybe she said $850. I don't know because I just about fainted. How could 4 brushes cost $800? 4 regular size brushes don't even cost that much. Then I remembered she said it would be in a leather case. I guess the leather is making the price high. Either way I'm out. I think when they had the brush sets before, they were a lot but they were the same price as if you bought them individually and you were just getting the brush case for free. Oh but I love mini brushes ������

Madness. $800!!! I'm out too.

Shars

Stopped at a counter and made inquiries. The SA said the holiday brushes will be sold as a set(unlike a previous SA told me) and this makes more sense. She said it comes in a leather case and will be $800. . . Or maybe she said $850. I don't know because I just about fainted. How could 4 brushes cost $800? 4 regular size brushes don't even cost that much. Then I remembered she said it would be in a leather case. I guess the leather is making the price high. Either way I'm out. I think when they had the brush sets before, they were a lot but they were the same price as if you bought them individually and you were just getting the brush case for free. Oh but I love mini brushes ������

DANG!!! Well that put an end to my lemming. I don't know why people in their marketing team thought that was a good idea.

awickedshape

I do not get TF - releasing duo identical to two shades in nude dip which is btw permanent and re-releasing the same color of the blush with the same name but actually it is different in color? couldn't they just name it differently

??

I'm conflicted.
Those two shades are only slightly different but they are also the only two shades I liked from Nude Dip, which is why I never bought it.
But $60 for a duo when the quad is not that much more... And the blush... I don't really get it

JerseyGirl

It is bizarre. Nude dip is hard to use. It is gorgeous in the pan but using each color doesn't work out that well (for me at least.) Lisa Eldridge has a tutorial by the artist that does Adele's look and he used Nude Dip. So, now I use Nude Dip that way. At least it's something. (Well, my lame version of his Adele look.)

awickedshape

It is bizarre. Nude dip is hard to use. It is gorgeous in the pan but using each color doesn't work out that well (for me at least.) Lisa Eldridge has a tutorial by the artist that does Adele's look and he used Nude Dip. So, now I use Nude Dip that way. At least it's something. (Well, my lame version of his Adele look.)

Sounds interesting. Any pics?

Monsy

yes I wrote about this many times here.