Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

Winthrop44

That looks great on you [MENTION=96425]RuLaRu[/MENTION] ! Am I remembering wrong, or did someone (maybe Ash?) say that the blushes were going to be reformulated?

Monsy

I got samples of all three new private blend fragrances

Vert boheme - beautiful, soft , light... so far i love it although it's gone in an hour :( i have to test it more
Vert des bois - too masculine, almost like my grandpa's old school after shave

3rd one i still have to try but i am not fan of incense in fragrance

RuLaRu

I got samples of all three new private blend fragrances

Vert boheme - beautiful, soft , light... so far i love it although it's gone in an hour :( i have to test it more
Vert des bois - too masculine, almost like my grandpa's old school after shave

3rd one i still have to try but i am not fan of incense in fragrance

I have Vert D'encens and Vert des bois and sampled the rest, I dont mind Dest Bois but then again I'm male so masculine fragrances dont bother me but your right its very unremarkable and too similar to many other male scents and while I dont mind it I dont love it enough to wear it, D'encens and the other fragrances are not for me sadly, too green I guess haha, but they do smell true to the style of perfume, all but vert des bois smell like freshly cut flower stems, very earthy and green.

Monsy

I have Vert D'encens and Vert des bois and sampled the rest, I dont mind Dest Bois but then again I'm male so masculine fragrances dont bother me but your right its very unremarkable and too similar to many other male scents and while I dont mind it I dont love it enough to wear it, D'encens and the other fragrances are not for me sadly, too green I guess haha, but they do smell true to the style of perfume, all but vert des bois smell like freshly cut flower stems, very earthy and green.

both bois and d'encens are nice and VERY masculine definitely not for me.
i keep trying boheme over and over again trying to convince myself i can spend 250$ on something that doesn't stay at all. makes me sad because it's so nice

RuLaRu

both bois and d'encens are nice and VERY masculine definitely not for me.
i keep trying boheme over and over again trying to convince myself i can spend 250$ on something that doesn't stay at all. makes me sad because it's so nice

I totally get it, I'm the same with Soleil Blanc, its so beautiful but still...its so pricey haha.

Monsy

I did buy soleil blanc because it was different than what I have in my collection. Are they all worth that money? No.

Icecaramellatte

Stopped at a counter today and asked about holiday. Was looking for prices. SA didn't have prices but showed me the book.she had a pic of the palettes and a brush set. They were white short handle brushes. I think there were 4 or r brushes. There was a white patent or vinyl looking case. I told her I had heard of some brush set that was exclusive to another country. Now I'm remembering that it was Selfridges. She didn't know about that but said what she showed me was coming here. She did tell me the brushes would be individually priced????? Strange. I don't know how that would make it a set and how you would get the bag too but at least the US is getting something. Hope I have funds for it. I know the last time a brush set was offered, I couldn't swing it and it sold out lickety split. I don't recall all the brushes but I know I saw what looked like the blush brush (that was the largest brush) and an eyeshadow brush that looked like a 217. This brush could be from the regular line but I don't know all his eyeshadow brushes yet as I only have the cream shadow brush. I was especially excited although they were short they didn't look too small. The handle of the brush that looked like the blush brush was almost as thick as the regular handle. It appeared that way in the picture I saw.

JerseyGirl

Thanks for the info. I was afraid I'd have to stalk Selfridge's to get a look at them. I hope they aren't exclusive to one store here the way they seem to be in Europe.

Shars

Stopped at a counter today and asked about holiday. Was looking for prices. SA didn't have prices but showed me the book.she had a pic of the palettes and a brush set. They were white short handle brushes. I think there were 4 or r brushes. There was a white patent or vinyl looking case. I told her I had heard of some brush set that was exclusive to another country. Now I'm remembering that it was Selfridges. She didn't know about that but said what she showed me was coming here. She did tell me the brushes would be individually priced????? Strange. I don't know how that would make it a set and how you would get the bag too but at least the US is getting something. Hope I have funds for it. I know the last time a brush set was offered, I couldn't swing it and it sold out lickety split. I don't recall all the brushes but I know I saw what looked like the blush brush (that was the largest brush) and an eyeshadow brush that looked like a 217. This brush could be from the regular line but I don't know all his eyeshadow brushes yet as I only have the cream shadow brush. I was especially excited although they were short they didn't look too small. The handle of the brush that looked like the blush brush was almost as thick as the regular handle. It appeared that way in the picture I saw.

That sounds promising! Hopefully it'll be worth it. I remember Ash or someone else saying sometime that the last time they did a set it wasn't cost effective.

Icecaramellatte

Thanks for the info. I was afraid I'd have to stalk Selfridge's to get a look at them. I hope they aren't exclusive to one store here the way they seem to be in Europe.

Well I got this info from a Nordstrom SA. I don't think Nordstrom has too many TF counters that carry the full line so I doubt it is exclusive to them but who knows.