• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

Tutorial Contest Winner December 2007: Smokey Eye with a Twist!

QTAllStarGurl

Ahhhhh yes.....i did another tut .....i was extremely hyper 2nite and needed something to help calm me down so i decided doing my makeup would do the trick!! Thats what I get for eating two bags of chocolate covered espresso beans AHHH HA HA!!!....still hyper i see....ok on with the wacko show......

I've been doing this type of look pretty much all week with a bunch of different colors (depending on what im wearing or mood) so it works with most colors and i really like it so i've decided to share it!! yay
yahoo.gif

This is the finished product of my labors...the fruits of my loins
PC010295.jpg

and YES i have changed my hair weeee ...the purple matches the purple in my hair!!!!...haha im a sly sly fox
sneaky.gif

The Products
PC010235.jpg

UDPP, MAC '06 Holiday Intense Eye Palette (Gallant e/s), NARS Night Fever e/s, Too Faced e/s Duo in Ohh and Aah, Studio Gear Star Dust in Champagne, Stila Smudge Pots in Black, MAC Feline Kohl Power e/l, MAC Pewterpink Glitter Liner, L'Oreal Telescopic Mascara, Some Random Lashes (not pictured), Sephora Makeup Perfecting Base, MAC Prep + Prime Eye, Dream Matte Mousse in Cocoa, MAC Deep Dark MSF, MAC Sweet as Cocoa Blush, MAC Global Glow MSF, Too Faced Beauty Balm, Benefit Lipstick in Sugar Rush, Tutti Dulci l/g in Chocolate Fondue

The Brushes
PC010236.jpg

MAC: 224 & 219, Face Secrets: Foundation, Powder, Large e/s, and Small e/s Brushes, Sephora: Stippling, Angled Liner, and Brow Brushes

ok...GO!!!!
Start with no makeup face (strange face optional)
PC010234.jpg

First I put on my Sephora Base....I shake it first or else it comes out i little funkyyy
PC010237.jpg

Then put on ur UDPP with the foot of a doe....why is it called a doe foot neway??
PC010238.jpg

Now you have a nice even base!!!
PC010239.jpg

Now take the Studio Gear podwer or the highlight of your choice on the 224 ...like so
PC010240.jpg

apply to the brow bone for the purpose of highlightingment...
tong.gif

PC010241.jpg

I put it all the way down to the crease area b/c it helps with blending later on so it looks like this..
PC010242.jpg

Now use ur 219 to pick up some of the Gallant e/s (or any color really)
PC010243.jpg

Now put it in the inner corner it doesn't have to be perfect...it shall be fixed a little later
PC010244.jpg

Ok...take the ooh....im assuming thats what it called since the duo is called ooh and aah...or it could be aah....the black side!! lmao
PC010246.jpg

Now put it on the mobile lid.....
PC010247.jpg

The take more shadow from the black side but with the 224 this time
PC010248.jpg

Put this on the crease area blending into the highlight color
PC010249.jpg

Should look similar...except not my face...unless you have my face...somehow
nope.gif

PC010251.jpg

Now get some of the NARS night fever on ur 219 ....mine got crumbled like cookie bits
PC010252.jpg

Put that on the outer V
PC010253.jpg

Now blend but try to not blend it so much that it mixes in with the other shadows too much since they're all black
PC010255.jpg

Outer V should still be slightly defined...like so
PC010257.jpg

Now close ur eye well not really close but kinda squint...then start to blend Gallant into the other shadows...getting a tiny bit of Gallant onto the 224 first may help...
PC010259.jpg

Now he looks?? like this he looks?? haha im crazy hyper!!
cutey.gif

PC010260.jpg

Then take ur 219 and add some Night Fever to the lower lash line...u dont need to pull it down as much as i did b/c i ended up getting it inside my eye b/c of this....
PC010261.jpg

Should look like this....like a black eye hahah...this too shall be repaired
PC010262.jpg

Put Stila Smudge Pot of Fluidline on the Top and Bottom Lash and Water Lines with a liner brush
PC010263.jpg

Now for peeps like me that like they're liner dark...add Feline k/p on top of the other liner
PC010266.jpg

It should now look like so..
PC010267.jpg

Now for the funn part.....Pewterpink G/L!!!
PC010269.jpg

Add it on top of the other liners...I didnt worry that it doesn't shop up that much b/c i wanted it to be a sublte glittery effect
PC010274.jpg

Now for the Mascara...
PC010275.jpg

Now add concealer and put on foundation
PC010276.jpg

PC010277.jpg

And buff on the Natural MSF with a fluffy powder brush or a kabuki brush
PC010278.jpg

Sweet as Cocoa Blush time!! i love this stuff
PC010279.jpg

PC010280.jpg

Now Take Global Glow...aka mister glitter chunks...grr....use Stippling Brush for this part or 187
PC010281.jpg

You Glow Girl!! lmao im corny
PC010282.jpg

Now take Too Faced lip balm and put onn...
PC010283.jpg

And put a nude lipstick on top .....i like sugar rush....i've done this with touch too and its pretty 2
PC010284.jpg

Now put the chocolate fondue lip gloss on top
PC010286.jpg

and make a slightly evil face that says ...im about to steal ur undies MUAHHHHAHAH!!!
PC010287.jpg

Now take ur lashes....add the glue and wait for it to get tacky (like shoulder pads)
PC010288.jpg

While the glue was drying...i decided to do my brows..we cant 4get these!!!
PC010289.jpg

and guess what....ALL DONEEEE!!!...go cam whore!!!
PC010291.jpg

PC010295.jpg

PC010297.jpg

show off ur purple hair!!!!
PC010301.jpg

PC010302.jpg

Half smile...like the cool kids....back in the day haha
PC010303.jpg

PC010305.jpg

PC010307.jpg

PC010314.jpg

ahhh .....thats alot of pics!!!....whoring aint easy....but sum1's gotta do it!!!

ok and heres what the look looks like with revved up pigment instead of gallant....nd no glitter liner... and touch l/s
PB290227.jpg

haha ta ta for now my luvlies!!!....im about to crashhh!!

sulci

Re: Smokey Eye with a Twist! <3

wow thats too pretty! you look smoking hot
smiles.gif
that is a great colour, gotta pick it up

QTAllStarGurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandyKisses1018
lol you and your espresso beans!!!!! did your piercing hurt?

my lip ring hurt the least out of all my piercings that may be b/c its only really skin that it goes through but it didnt hurt as much as I expected it to.... it wasn't bad at all....lmao i'll never eat those at night again!!!

and thanks 2 evry1 for the compliments!!

Xqueeze_me

Hahhaha LOVE the tut. Made me laugh at the corny-ness yet loving it! hehe
winks.gif
You are gorgeous!

Very funky colours too! If only I have the patience and technique.....

alehoney

very fun tutorial! beautiful look too. you have a pretty smile...

nikki

You look gorgeous in these colors! Thanks for the tut!
pretty.gif

mena22787

haha,that was a very amusing tut!lol this look has just become my fav smokey eye! i never thought of adding color to it, thx so much!!

MsCocoa

That was great I love it, I have to try this out over the xmas period.

AppleDiva

I love this color combo. You are such a cutie!!
pretty.gif

Did you get into the sorority of your choic?

choozen1ne

I Love the purple in the inner corner of your eyes , it looks great with your eyse color ! The over all look is great

MACa6325xi

These colors are beautiful on you. I love how you used them together. The tutorial is great!!!! Keep on posting!!!!

dewinter

OMG! Amazing!
Is there any "standard" Mac shadow that looks like the Gallant one?