U never thought it would work but...

amoona

NC40 here ... I never thought I could work pink eyeshadow. Mainly because my first pink shadow was Pink Venus and I couldn't get it to show up on me no matter what I did. I bought Gleam and Expensive Pink and now I'm in love.

That's totally my go-to combo when I don't have much time in the morning to get all MACalicious. And it still looks gorgeous.

MAC_Pixie04

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatscott2000
I'm NW 45 and I'm surprised that NARS Mountain pressed powder counters the orange tones in my skin.
I have to agree with Sumting Sweet on the Orange blushes- they are great.
I found a good neutral brown/pink lipstick that works is instinctive. I wear it almost every day!

Mountain is good for that; it's gold based as it was designed specifically for naomi cambell, but the best powder for NW45, like if you wanted to wear just powder and not foundation, is Heat with a dense Kabuki brush. It's fabulous, i wear it with a bit of Fix+ and it looks great! I'm also NW45.

zdazzle

NARS Taj Mahal Discontinued???

Well I have been reading all of these posts about how great NARS Taj Mahal is, so I went to Sephora today to pick it up and it wasn't there (although I did see Exhibit A)...I was told that it was discontinued.
hmm.gif
Have any of you heard about this, or know where I can still find it?

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by zdazzle
Well I have been reading all of these posts about how great NARS Taj Mahal is, so I went to Sephora today to pick it up and it wasn't there (although I did see Exhibit A)...I was told that it was discontinued.
hmm.gif

It is still available on Sephora.com
smiles.gif

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty Mark
NW25...In general, I'm always surprised I can wear almost any color. It just depends on the shade and undertones.

Same here. I too am an NW25. I have brown hair and brown eyes. I can pretty much wear anything with the exception of lipsticks that are a dark brown or dark purple. They make me look like I am oxygen deprived.

MAC_Pixie04

Quote:
Originally Posted by zdazzle
hmm.gif

Also, what might have happened, in that particular store it could have been RTV'd (Returned to Vendor), so that store won't be carrying it anymore, but it might be found in other places. We RTV'd Gilda from NARS this month and 3 multiples, but they aren't discontinued.

slvrlips

I love this post
I was scared of Eletric Eel & Chrome Yellow
I thought they wouldn't show up on my skin well but, to my surprise they looked nice on me i paired Eletric Eel with steamy and Shroom
and Chrome Yellow with soba & sprung up

tuuli

NW15
I never thaught I could wear a very light blue colour. Today I bought Pigment Air de Blu and it looks fantastic. Even bright pink and red like Sushi Flower and Passionate are great for me.

shopgood

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperRealGurl
NC40 SFF/ NC400 HYR FNDn

i dont really have a combo but i have certian colors that i was scared of...

Example:

Overgrown E/s i was really scared of this color b/c it was so bright and i wasnt to sure if the color would look so nice with my skintone.

Stars N Rockets e/s All though this is a very pretty color i was too afraid to use it... thinking that my eyes would look burised.. but it goes nicely with beauty marked e/s

Swish e/s another pretty color........ i was a semi scared using this color aswell..... 1: b/c its very frosty 2: i was afraid that it would look like pepto bismol on my lids...

Here are some colors that im deathly scared of.... "dont ask why i just am"

Chrome yellow
Acid Orange
sushi flower
electric eel

i looove sushi flower! don't know my coloring in MAC terms but it looks great with goldmine for a sunset eye.

blazeno.8

I always knew I loved purple eyeshadows, but then I only realized later how good reds can look. I mean, seriously it's quite hot.

I was also surprised that I like yellow greens so much. Before I got into makeup I would only try to wear things that were blue, purple, grey, or brown (like the stuff in my mom's makeup collection).

Arisone

Nars Lip Lacquer in Chelsea Girls: I thought it was going to look like Pepto Bismol on my lips. This is one hot nude! I live layering it on top of lipstick.

spectrolite

Brave New Bronze lipstick from Style Warriors. I thought it was going to be white or grey and make me look like a zombie after reading a few of the reviews but I LOVE it. Looks great with Chestnut lip liner and Soft Wave or Sugar Trance or Stila 24kt Gold gloss.

I was also not sure about Fresh Green Mix and other light greenish colour eye shadows but with the right base (Mehron or something else bright) they really pop and look fantastic.

shontay07108

For people looking for taj mahal, it's on sephora.com and lord and taylor carries it. It's my fave blush, hands down.

I didn't think brave new bronze would work, but applying it lightly and with gloss on top, it's really unique and pretty.

SoSoSteph

Hello, I am NC 50 MAC and 7.0 in Bobbi Brown.

I was surprised that I could wear Ruby Woo lipstick and then I had an idea to add Love Alert Dazzleglass on top.

That is my Holy Grail red lip combo.

MACterliastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperRealGurl
NC40 SFF/ NC400 HYR FNDn

i dont really have a combo but i have certian colors that i was scared of...

Example:

Overgrown E/s i was really scared of this color b/c it was so bright and i wasnt to sure if the color would look so nice with my skintone.

Stars N Rockets e/s All though this is a very pretty color i was too afraid to use it... thinking that my eyes would look burised.. but it goes nicely with beauty marked e/s

Swish e/s another pretty color........ i was a semi scared using this color aswell..... 1: b/c its very frosty 2: i was afraid that it would look like pepto bismol on my lids...

Here are some colors that im deathly scared of.... "dont ask why i just am"

Chrome yellow
Acid Orange
sushi flower
electric eel

I think you should try chrome yellow and sushi flower, i have them an I am an NC44 and they actually don't look too bad.

shontay07108

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoSoSteph
Hello, I am NC 50 MAC and 7.0 in Bobbi Brown.

I was surprised that I could wear Ruby Woo lipstick and then I had an idea to add Love Alert Dazzleglass on top.

That is my Holy Grail red lip combo.

I'm going to have to try that! I have love alert dazzleglass, so I'll have to buy ruby woo. I do love a red lip. We are close in skin tone, so I want to have a go at it.
yes.gif