U never thought it would work but...

Nepenthe

For years I never wore blush, so brights like Devil, Frankly Scarlet and Rhubarb freaked me right out. I never thought I'd own anything like them, and after I got a few suggestions I took the plunge and turns out that I love them all.

lipglass_junkie

For reference, I'm around NC/NW 30, I only wear concealor so I'm simply guessing on a powder I was matched with a while back.

One thing I was totally surprised would work was orange lipstick! A couple months ago I saw electro l/s at the CCO, and I was so drawn to it, but didn't think I could pull it off. I went back 2 times before I finally got it! I'm so glad I did tho, I love it esp with apex 3d glass.
yahoo.gif
It happens to be my avatar, lol

TwistedFaith

Saint Germain. I love this lipstick! I wear it with Plum lipliner and Fashion Scoop cremesheen glass which helps tone it down a little without taking away the color completely. As an NC45, I never thought it would work for me but I'm glad I gave it a shot.

Tippy blush from Hello Kitty. I never thought I could rock a bright pink blush, but when I put a bit of this on and blend it, it totally brightens up my face with a nice healthy glow. I find myself reaching for it all the time. When I wear it with Smooth Merge MSF it's even better.

makeba

i never thought i could wear Syrup lipstick but i can. i wore this with hodgepodge lipliner and icescape lipglass and it blended well i must say. the color was very unique. also, i wanted a red lipstick but could not find the color and texture i wished for until i came across Ruby Woo!!! i was looking for a matte red lipstick and this is wicked lovely

iadoremac

i never thought i could wear anything coral. But i bought barcelona red today and i loved it. wearing it right now

makeupNdesign

Fun thread!

I always shyed away from Orange & Rule eyeshadow until I combined it with my HG of browns, Brown Script & Embark. These browns also look great with purples/pinks too--my faves are Vibrant Grape & Passionate. They make my eyes glow and I always get compliments when I do any of these combos. Oh, and green eyeliner (Bankroll pearlglide liner, Jade Way, Forever green)--I love how it looks with my dark brown eyes.

I always had a hard time finding a pink lipstick that looked good on my skin tone but not anymore. Brave lipstick+Soar liner+Prr Gloss=LOVE on my lips
smiles.gif

MAC NC40